Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 123 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1845
    @Alden_Gonzalez
    ·
    31m
    After 14-week investigation, the Pasadena Police Department has turned the Trevor Bauer case over to the District Attorney's Office, which now has a lot of information to sift through before deciding whether this will move forward. ...

@nyyankeesstats
    ·
    15h
    Yankees are 14-1 when Anthony Rizzo plays this season

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I agree, they need to ride it out with Torres. He is still a key piece for their future, if he can return to form, the future outlook of this team is greatly more positive. If not, then they are likely looking to get rid of him next year and lose a key piece they were counting on for a decade+.

Ride it out? Why? We have Peraza, Volpe, Sweeney, Roderick and Vargas. We can sign or trade for someone better than Torres tomorrow. Torres is sporting a 91 wRC+ which is worse than even last season. Rather than improving he's getting worse. That means he's not adjusting.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @Alden_Gonzalez
    ·
    31m
    After 14-week investigation, the Pasadena Police Department has turned the Trevor Bauer case over to the District Attorney's Office, which now has a lot of information to sift through before deciding whether this will move forward. ...

I have a feeling there will be no charges brought against him.
    Bauer will pitch in the playoffs. People will cry bloody murder. The Dodgers will claim their hands are tied by the union and they support Bauer because no charges were brought against him and he is innocent til proven guilty.
    If the Dodgers win it, no one will care and it will go away. If they don't, people will be pissed and rep them as an organization and then it will go away.

I hope I am wrong but money makes things go away

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post

Ride it out? Why? We have Peraza, Volpe, Sweeney, Roderick and Vargas. We can sign or trade for someone better than Torres tomorrow. Torres is sporting a 91 wRC+ which is worse than even last season. Rather than improving he's getting worse. That means he's not adjusting.
    He isn't exactly hurting them right now and there aren't any immediate replacements. Why not see if he can make adjustments? He was a better prospect than all those you listed and is still so young. We saw what he is capable of and has already had some big hits in his young career.

The
    @Yankees
    have announced that INF Gleyber Torres is scheduled to commence a rehab assignment in Somerset on Sunday.

He isn't exactly hurting them right now and there aren't any immediate replacements. Why not see if he can make adjustments? He was a better prospect than all those you listed and is still so young. We saw what he is capable of and has already had some big hits in his young career.
    It's been two years. How much longer are they supposed to wait on him? Both Volpe and Peraza could well be ready to be called up by mid next season.

I completely agree with you about keeping Torres and seeing if he can't make the adjustments he needs to. He's still very young, cheap and has shown alot in his young career.

That said, IMO, Volpe is probably as good if not better than Torres as a spec. I do think Arias has the tools to be the best of the bunch and thats saying alot

@lindseyadler
    ·
    17m
    Luis Gil is going to pitch at a starter’s workload at AAA, but they’ll put a reliever in front of him, Aaron Boone said. Keeps their options open.

Interesting, they must be considering him for a BP role down the stretch

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @lindseyadler
    ·
    17m
    Luis Gil is going to pitch at a starter’s workload at AAA, but they’ll put a reliever in front of him, Aaron Boone said. Keeps their options open.

Interesting, they must be considering him for a BP role down the stretch
    Sounds about as smart as putting in Happ after Dave last postseason.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have a feeling there will be no charges brought against him.
    Bauer will pitch in the playoffs. People will cry bloody murder. The Dodgers will claim their hands are tied by the union and they support Bauer because no charges were brought against him and he is innocent til proven guilty.
    If the Dodgers win it, no one will care and it will go away. If they don't, people will be pissed and rep them as an organization and then it will go away.

I hope I am wrong but money makes things go away
    I hope you're wrong too Klown. Unless his 'dates' all liked hitting themselves, I can't see him walking away clean from these allegations.

Even if he does get cleared, this perception will always follow him. I doubt the Dodgers will want him back. This issue coupled with his personality IMO will keep him from ingratiating himself with ANY other fan base. He may be done...guilty or not guilty.

Jeff Passan@JeffPassan
    The Yankees' winning streak ends at 13 games. During that two-week stretch, their numbers and ranks in MLB.

Runs: 75 (T-2nd)
    Hard-hit%: 35.5% (3rd)
    wRC+: 128 (2nd)
    SB: 11 (4th)
    GIDP: 4 (T-2nd)
    ERA: 2.61 (2nd)
    Bullpen ERA: 2.25 (3rd)
    K/9: 9.71 (5th)

Across-the-board excellence.

Torres is scheduled to commence a rehab assignment in Somerset today.

Anthony Rizzo and the two-strike approach
    The Yankee first baseman clearly changes his approach with two strikes. Is it worth it?

By Joshua Diemert@JoshuaDiemert Aug 28, 2021, 9:00am EDT

Let’s face it: Every hitter sucks in a two strike count. Full time hitters, ones with at least 100 PA ending in a two strike count, manage a .230 wOBA, or about 30 points worse than Tyler Wade’s career line. It’s a tough position to be put in, and one that has been made tougher and tougher with advents in pitch design and more aggressive relief work.

And yet there are players who, consistently, perform better than that .230 wOBA year in and year out. Some of them you can probably guess — Mike Trout has the third-highest wOBA with two strikes over the past three seasons, Mookie Betts the sixth, and Juan Soto the tenth. These are three of the absolute best hitters in baseball, it’s not that surprising to see them top the list of any split.

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2021/...swing-statcast

Corey Kluber taking his Yankees return one game at a time
    By Dan Martin

“I’m trying to approach this as I think the injury is behind me, I’m healthy at this point, so I’m gonna try to go out and pitch the way I feel capable of and try to contribute to the team,’’ Kluber said Friday at Oakland Coliseum before the Yankees beat the Athletics, 8-2. “Looking at the big picture is probably getting a little ahead of ourselves at this point.”

https://nypost.com/2021/08/28/why-co...ame-at-a-time/