Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 99 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1845
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    How do you guys feel about shooting up a flair after the season to see what value Torres has on the trade market?

We can survive with Wade or Velasquez or a one year deal on a SS, since two of our best prospects are SS's. I don't think he's a great difference-maker with the bat and he's not a plus-plus SS.

There are going to be many FA SS's hitting the open market after the season, but Torres, while he's far from a great SS and might actually return to 2nd, will still be under team financial control for a few years, which as we're finding, is very valuable to teams.

Thoughts?
    IMO, Torres needs to go back to 2nd base. While he can make the basic plays, he just isn't great at that position.

While i have no issue with them exploring what they could get for him, ultimately he's only 24 and before his power outage, looked like a star. I would hate to see us trade him when his value is at its lowest. Last yr we could have gotten Castillio for Torres and Frazier, no way we get close to that much.

Unless they get a similar return that they would have gotten a couple yrs ago, since he's so cheap and young i would hold on to him for 1 more yr

While our 2 of our better specs are SS , I'm not sure both are SS long term. Peraza is a little bit closer and the much better defender as SS. Volpes closest comp has been Bregman and many evaluator think that as he fillout, he will probably end up at 3rd.

I think they could get by with Wade/Velasquez at SS next yr till Peraza is ready. Another thing to consider is next yr is going to be the last with this core. Judge, Gallo, Green, Sanchez, Brit, Chapman are all FA after next yr. Will they really want to hand the reigns at SS in the middle of a WS chase?

IMO, i think they are going to load up for next yr and really push 1 last title run with this core. In 2023 i think is when you'll see Peraza and Volpe on the left side of the infield

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    IMO, Torres needs to go back to 2nd base. While he can make the basic plays, he just isn't great at that position.

While i have no issue with them exploring what they could get for him, ultimately he's only 24 and before his power outage, looked like a star. I would hate to see us trade him when his value is at its lowest. Last yr we could have gotten Castillio for Torres and Frazier, no way we get close to that much.

Unless they get a similar return that they would have gotten a couple yrs ago, since he's so cheap and young i would hold on to him for 1 more yr

While our 2 of our better specs are SS , I'm not sure both are SS long term. Peraza is a little bit closer and the much better defender as SS. Volpes closest comp has been Bregman and many evaluator think that as he fillout, he will probably end up at 3rd.

I think they could get by with Wade/Velasquez at SS next yr till Peraza is ready. Another thing to consider is next yr is going to be the last with this core. Judge, Gallo, Green, Sanchez, Brit, Chapman are all FA after next yr. Will they really want to hand the reigns at SS in the middle of a WS chase?

IMO, i think they are going to load up for next yr and really push 1 last title run with this core. In 2023 i think is when you'll see Peraza and Volpe on the left side of the infield
    I agree, they need to ride it out with Torres. He is still a key piece for their future, if he can return to form, the future outlook of this team is greatly more positive. If not, then they are likely looking to get rid of him next year and lose a key piece they were counting on for a decade+.

This is a great post Day. I see a couple of things like the sample size. Is Velaquez a better player than Torres? Absolutely not. Right now he is playing to what we would want a SS to play. If Torres was to go to 2B and light it up and play solid defense and hit thats a bonus. I am not sure what they could get for Torres in the trade market in the offseason but I imagine not much. I will say i am interested in what the Yankees have in the minor league system with Peraza and Volpe. I honestly don't think that Torres with his play would be the guy that holds them back from making the MLB club.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

I fully agree…..

And is Peraza the next Derek Jeter as some people are saying? I don’t follow too deeply with the specs, I’ll glance and see but not like how some of you guys follow them….

I do see his bat is pretty damn good, and a lot of steals as well…..hopefully the kid is worth all of the hype…
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    This is a great post Day. I see a couple of things like the sample size. Is Velaquez a better player than Torres? Absolutely not. Right now he is playing to what we would want a SS to play. If Torres was to go to 2B and light it up and play solid defense and hit thats a bonus. I am not sure what they could get for Torres in the trade market in the offseason but I imagine not much. I will say i am interested in what the Yankees have in the minor league system with Peraza and Volpe. I honestly don't think that Torres with his play would be the guy that holds them back from making the MLB club.

What happened to the power from Torres? I’m not saying he has to hit 38 every year but I thought he would be a 22-28 HR kind of hitter and lots of doubles…..now we get the bloop single or a double because of a bad hop that spun the other way from the fielder….
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

@BrendanKutyNJ
    ·
    4m
    In an interview w/
    @CartonRoberts
    today, Aaron Boone said Gleyber Torres could start rehab games on Sunday. Has been working out at Double-A Somerset. #Yankees

Added that Stanton will DH tonight, Voit will sit.

@BrendanKutyNJ
    ·
    4m
    In an interview w/
    @CartonRoberts
    today, Aaron Boone said Gleyber Torres could start rehab games on Sunday. Has been working out at Double-A Somerset. #Yankees

Added that Stanton will DH tonight, Voit will sit.
    Voit was red hot for a week and now will have barely played the past week bc of off days and NL park, and now this. Smh.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I fully agree…..

And is Peraza the next Derek Jeter as some people are saying? I don’t follow too deeply with the specs, I’ll glance and see but not like how some of you guys follow them….

I do see his bat is pretty damn good, and a lot of steals as well…..hopefully the kid is worth all of the hype…
    Since I originally posted this Torres question yesterday, we're now seeing multi reports that we'll be signing the #1 International prospect. His name is Roderick Arias and scouts are saying he's the infield comp to Dominguez.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    Since I originally posted this Torres question yesterday, we're now seeing multi reports that we'll be signing the #1 International prospect. His name is Roderick Arias and scouts are saying he's the infield comp to Dominguez.
    As good as Arias is, that signing won't effect what they do with Torres. Arias is still only 16 and very best case he's 3-4 yrs away.

Peraza and Volpe , since they are much closer to being ready, will be the ones that could effect Torres future.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Voit was red hot for a week and now will have barely played the past week bc of off days and NL park, and now this. Smh.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    It's unavoidable Gardner has to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    It's unavoidable Gardner has to play.
    Well, as long as he keeps hitting HRs, I'm ok with him playing. Plus Oakland's outfield is one of the largest in MLB so you neec some speed to cover all that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Well, as long as he keeps hitting HRs, I'm ok with him playing. Plus Oakland's outfield is one of the largest in MLB so you neec some speed to cover all that area.
    That's the primary reason.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I agree, they need to ride it out with Torres. He is still a key piece for their future, if he can return to form, the future outlook of this team is greatly more positive. If not, then they are likely looking to get rid of him next year and lose a key piece they were counting on for a decade+.
    I also agree. We tend to forget he's only 24 with 4 year MLB experience under his belt!

IMO, We should find out what we can get for anyone on the ML roster other than Judge, Cole, Gil and Loaisiga. While we are finding out about Torres, perhaps we should be finding out about Voit, LaMachine, Urshella, etc. Torres, at 24, should probably not be the first one out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    IMO, We should find out what we can get for anyone on the ML roster other than Judge, Cole, Gil and Loaisiga. While we are finding out about Torres, perhaps we should be finding out about Voit, LaMachine, Urshella, etc. Torres, at 24, should probably not be the first one out the door.
    I completely agree. Cashman should always be checking to see what guys that aren't long term pieces could be worth all the time.