Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 113 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1845
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Never seen someone talk so much out of their arse before until now . If I am such the problem here then why did doc feel the need to make a message practically begging for people to ď join the discussionsĒ on this forum while I was gone ? Why did he acknowledge that people are hesitant to post here ? It couldnít have been because of me since I was suspended when he made that message and I had been gone for nearly two months .

Since it's never you that's the problem. can you explain why you've been banned 150 times"?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Since it's never you that's the problem. can you explain why you've been banned 150 times"?
    Simple, It's Dayners fault, my fault, Clowns fault, RC's fault, Metswon's fault, Scoots fault, in fact the entire forum shares some culpability in poor Jorge's plight.

I don't like the guy's posts and I'm not taking his side in any way, shape or form, but aren't some of us getting a little bit outrageous ourselves with the name calling. I admit that I can't tell since I'm not reading his posts to see what kind of names he might be calling you.

After all, I always say that anger is the problem of the one who has it.

Peace to All.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I don't like the guy's posts and I'm not taking his side in any way, shape or form, but aren't some of us getting a little bit outrageous ourselves with the name calling. I admit that I can't tell since I'm not reading his posts to see what kind of names he might be calling you.

After all, I always say that anger is the problem of the one who has it.

Peace to All.
    This^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I try to use creativity in my name calling

We have all been shown to be incorrect, silly, foolish. We have all, laughed it off and took ownership.
    We have all made claims that ended up being way off base and eaten the crow that goes with it.

One poster has repeatedly lied. Flat out lied. Flat out accused others of pretty nasty stuff. Flat out stolen material from really unpleasant web sites. Flat out claimed his opinion was proof and fact.
    When repeatedly and for a long while, with humor and attempted civility by many, never once simply said, "Whoops. That was my. mistake. My bad".
    One poster continuously does that and then flat out plays the victim.

Johnny and Runner, you guys are awesome and I completely respect your stances and feelings. The issue is, I see that behavior as a bully. Someone who slanders, lies, steals, accuses and then cries when confronted. Then cries that he's allowed to do all of that.

I am an extremely, extremely tolerant person. Truly. I need to be in my profession and I just am in general. Bullies? Not so much

Ignorance is bliss

Luis Cessa has an era of 1.56 in 18 appearances for the reds . Ouch we let him go.
    I thought he was finally coming into his own when we traded him, previously I thought he was a mop up guy.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Luis Cessa has an era of 1.56 in 18 appearances for the reds . Ouch we let him go.
    I thought he was finally coming into his own when we traded him, previously I thought he was a mop up guy.

To add insult to injury, Garrett Whitlock:

2021 WAR 2.9, W8- L4, ERA 1.92, SO 78, WHIP 1.123, IP 70.1, G 43.
    Last edited by drt1010; 09-17-2021 at 02:05 PM.

It's unfortunate for us. At the time, it was the cost for us to push the reset button on the luxury tax, by packaging him with a salary dump. Hopefully, it allows us to go for broke in the off-season, where we sign a free agent like Seager, trade for a higher salary player like Olsen or a pitcher like Marco Gonzales or all of the above.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    It's unfortunate for us. At the time, it was the cost for us to push the reset button on the luxury tax, by packaging him with a salary dump. Hopefully, it allows us to go for broke in the off-season, where we sign a free agent like Seager, trade for a higher salary player like Olsen or a pitcher like Marco Gonzales or all of the above.
    Imagine being the New York Yankees worried about 2 million dollars. So you have to dump one of your best BP arms to shed 2 million in salary.

It's literally insane.

He was the much needed arm this bullpen needs right now and they just let him go to save a mil or two.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Imagine being the New York Yankees worried about 2 million dollars. So you have to dump one of your best BP arms to shed 2 million in salary.

It's literally insane.

He was the much needed arm this bullpen needs right now and they just let him go to save a mil or two.

I understand your point, but it was more like $4 million to $5 million, because he was the piece that allowed us to also drop the salary of another player and that $4 million to $5 million allowed us to save tens of millions going forward. It also gave us payroll flexibility to make other deals for players like Holmes, etc.

It's was their plan and they stuck to it.

Itís crazy because he wasnít like that here.
    As doc said, the Whitlock is such a bummer.
    The Yankees chose Kriske over him. At least that is my understanding

I understand your point, but it was more like $4 million to $5 million, because he was the piece that allowed us to also drop the salary of another player and that $4 million to $5 million allowed us to save tens of millions going forward. It also gave us payroll flexibility to make other deals for players like Holmes, etc.

Thatís what gets annoying. I certainly understand sticking to a plan. I respect that but sometimes you need to change the plan
    This FO seems to refuse doing that

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Thatís what gets annoying. I certainly understand sticking to a plan. I respect that but sometimes you need to change the plan
    This FO seems to refuse doing that
    A big part of the reason they had a plan to stick under 210m and stuck to it is because of IFA money. If they would have gone over 210, they would have lost another 1m and lose the ability to sign Arias.

I hated giving up Cessa just to dump Wilson, but if Arias is really the SS version of Dominguez as so many scouts have said, i can understand why sticking under 210 was so important.

Okay,

I stand corrected

Imagine trading away a really good bullpen arm to save 4-5 million dollars, as the New York Yankees.

Insane.

Maybe, just maybe, signing washed up bullpen arms was a bad idea and should have been avoided in the first place. Justin Wilson and O'Day, both horrendous signings, if they were hellbent on staying under 210.

Poor vision/forward thinking, IMO.

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 09-17-2021 at 05:50 PM.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    A big part of the reason they had a plan to stick under 210m and stuck to it is because of IFA money. If they would have gone over 210, they would have lost another 1m and lose the ability to sign Arias.

I hated giving up Cessa just to dump Wilson, but if Arias is really the SS version of Dominguez as so many scouts have said, i can understand why sticking under 210 was so important.
    At what point does this organization decide on losing good players now for a potentially good player whose 5 years away

Vs

Ruining the prime years of Judge and Cole.

Still can't figure it out.