Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 111 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1845
  1. #1651
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    IMO, Boones job is on the line the next 2 1/2 weeks. If we don't make the playoffs or lose the the WC game, i don;t think they'll have a choice but to let Boone walk. I do think if we get to the ALCS or farther he'll be around. They are 100% setup to go all in next yr and they really need to because this will be the last with this core.

    Cashman got Boone every thing he needed to at least get to the playoffs, if they can't do that for him he needs to go. I sure hope Thames is gone no matter what. Hitter seem to get worse the longer he works with them, not better. There hasn;t been a player that i can think of that has noticeably improved under Thames. Gio's changes were made by the AAA hitting coaches.

    I think it's going to be a very, very interesting winter for us. With Torres off of SS, they will have to figure out what they are going to do there. Most yr's i think they would go with a Wade/Velasquez combo till Peraza is ready. That said, with them staying under the LT last yr sets them up to spend big this winter and with the window closing, I could see them signing Seager to play SS next yr and then move to 3rd base when Peraza or Volpe is ready.

    It will be interesting to see what they do with the rotation. They certainly don't have to go get a TORP pitcher and we have an absolutely ton of options for the 4th/5th spot. I'm not sure i would call either Taillon or Monty elite #2 starters though. Sevy sure has that potential if he could ever stay healthy, but it don't think you can count on him being a huge part of that rotation till he shows he can stay healthy. I don't think they will be looking to sign a pitcher to a big long term deal but i could absolutely see them in on a couple shorter term options

    I would love to get Max, unfortunately he really wants to stay in LA. Would you offer him something like 1yr 40 Mil for next yr? He and Cole back to back would be straight naughty, i'm just not sure they could talk him into NY.
    Iíd probably offer him something similar to the deal Bauer got. A few extra years on an extremely front loaded deal with an opt out clause after each year. Helps keep the AAV down and he most likely opts out after year 2 when the contract dips down.

  2. #1652
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    I highly doubt Hal allows Cashman to spend 200-300mil on a SS. I wouldn't either, considering our great options in the minors. Even if we think they're not ready to start at the beginning of next season, we can start Wade or Velasquez in the interim. Worse case scenario we sign a stopgap such as Simmons, Iglesies, or another one who could be a low dollar/good D signing.

    An article yesterday in the Athletic written by Jim Bowden suggested the Yankees will be interested in Greg Olson, 'dangling' players like Voit and Torres. He'd be a great fit. He's only 27, and still has two years of arbitration eligibility. It'll probably require us adding in a lower level arm (lottery ticket) but Olsen at YS would be well worth it.
    I think if thereís a time to spend on an under 30 superstar, itís now. But yes, I would trade Luke, Torres, and a lottery ticket for Olson immediately

  3. #1653
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,910
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    I think if thereís a time to spend on an under 30 superstar, itís now. But yes, I would trade Luke, Torres, and a lottery ticket for Olson immediately
    So would i, Olson would be a hell of a fit for this team . I think it might take a Schmidt type prospect as a 3rd, which i would be fine with.

    Olsens contract also line's up where he's a FA about the time A Garcia should/ could be ready

    My number 1 target would still be K Marte but Olsen would be right up there

  4. #1654
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,352
    Anything less than WS appearance and I donít want Boone back. Who would be the next guy???? Who knows but there are some interesting candidates.

    Cashman needs to go as well. The Yankees need to offer him the silver parachute into retirement. I think he has done a very good job during his tenure but all good things come to an end. Itís time to move on and start winning WS this century.

    As far as goal post PosadaÖ..I have a buddy that has a saying ďif you meet one ******* a day itís them but if you meet ten *******s a day maybe your the *******Ē


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  5. #1655
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Anything less than WS appearance and I donít want Boone back. Who would be the next guy???? Who knows but there are some interesting candidates.

    Cashman needs to go as well. The Yankees need to offer him the silver parachute into retirement. I think he has done a very good job during his tenure but all good things come to an end. Itís time to move on and start winning WS this century.

    As far as goal post PosadaÖ..I have a buddy that has a saying ďif you meet one ******* a day itís them but if you meet ten *******s a day maybe your the *******Ē


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like Kotsay and Cone. But I think we all need to brace ourselves for another year of Boone because of all the "hardships" this team faced and he pent them going to even be competitive... blah, blah, blah

    I like your friend's math. When ******* becomes the common denominator for every interaction you have, maybe look in the mirror.



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #1656
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I like Kotsay and Cone. But I think we all need to brace ourselves for another year of Boone because of all the "hardships" this team faced and he pent them going to even be competitive... blah, blah, blah

    I like your friend's math. When ******* becomes the common denominator for every interaction you have, maybe look in the mirror.
    You really think Cone would be a good manager?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  7. #1657
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    You really think Cone would be a good manager?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's smart and has an analytic mind. Personally I don't see it happening, maybe a pitching coach?

    My favorite remains Buck. He has tons of experience and has been keeping a very close eye on the Yankees since joining the YES network. I think the transition would be seamless.

    I also like Donnie baseball. Mattingly had a good rookie debut with the Dodgers going 446-363. He then showed he could work with a limited payroll with the Marlins. He guided the Marlins to a 31-29 record in 2020 after the club had lost 105 games the prior year. As a result of this spectacular turnaround, he was named the National League Manager of the Year. His contract expires in 2021, there is a mutual option for 2022.

  8. #1658
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    You really think Cone would be a good manager?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do. As Doc said, he's super smart and knows analytics and my guess is he knows how to use them far better than Boone. I also think he's really funny and can be that "sensitive ear" the modern player supposedly needs but he's also tough as hell and would likely not stand for any BS.

    Buck would be great but I don't see them doing it. Buck knows too much about baseball. He would be a threat.



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #1659
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,086
    I believe that the Yankees loo for a manager with a 10 year shelf life. Torre lasted 10 years and so did Girardi. The expectations were that Boone would be the third in a row, but that doesn't look very good. Buck is smart, but he's also past his prime and might not be someone to grow in the organization.

    Therefore, I'd have to give it a lot of thought to decide who the best candidates might be. I don't think that we have a successor in the minors. Is there a young 1B/3B/ Bench coach on another winning team (Rays, Giants, Dodgers, Brewers, Padres, Braves, A's, Mariners) that we could poach? I'd stay away from the Astros and Red Sox out of hate and I think any coach on the Blue Jays would be crazy to leave that organization.

  10. 09-15-2021, 11:04 AM

  11. #1660
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,738
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I believe that the Yankees loo for a manager with a 10 year shelf life. Torre lasted 10 years and so did Girardi. The expectations were that Boone would be the third in a row, but that doesn't look very good. Buck is smart, but he's also past his prime and might not be someone to grow in the organization.

    Therefore, I'd have to give it a lot of thought to decide who the best candidates might be. I don't think that we have a successor in the minors. Is there a young 1B/3B/ Bench coach on another winning team (Rays, Giants, Dodgers, Brewers, Padres, Braves, A's, Mariners) that we could poach? I'd stay away from the Astros and Red Sox out of hate and I think any coach on the Blue Jays would be crazy to leave that organization.
    How about an in house candidate? Nevin? Mendosa? They may lack the experience as ML managers, but they know the club and the organization.

    Personally I think they are long shots. Imo Hal will opt for experience and a track record. Considering how the Boone experiment MAY end up, he may have learned a lesson.
    Last edited by drt1010; 09-15-2021 at 11:08 AM.

  12. #1661
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,738
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    IMO, Boones job is on the line the next 2 1/2 weeks. If we don't make the playoffs or lose the the WC game, i don;t think they'll have a choice but to let Boone walk. I do think if we get to the ALCS or farther he'll be around. They are 100% setup to go all in next yr and they really need to because this will be the last with this core.

    Cashman got Boone every thing he needed to at least get to the playoffs, if they can't do that for him he needs to go. I sure hope Thames is gone no matter what. Hitter seem to get worse the longer he works with them, not better. There hasn;t been a player that i can think of that has noticeably improved under Thames. Gio's changes were made by the AAA hitting coaches.

    I think it's going to be a very, very interesting winter for us. With Torres off of SS, they will have to figure out what they are going to do there. Most yr's i think they would go with a Wade/Velasquez combo till Peraza is ready. That said, with them staying under the LT last yr sets them up to spend big this winter and with the window closing, I could see them signing Seager to play SS next yr and then move to 3rd base when Peraza or Volpe is ready.

    It will be interesting to see what they do with the rotation. They certainly don't have to go get a TORP pitcher and we have an absolutely ton of options for the 4th/5th spot. I'm not sure i would call either Taillon or Monty elite #2 starters though. Sevy sure has that potential if he could ever stay healthy, but it don't think you can count on him being a huge part of that rotation till he shows he can stay healthy. I don't think they will be looking to sign a pitcher to a big long term deal but i could absolutely see them in on a couple shorter term options

    I would love to get Max, unfortunately he really wants to stay in LA. Would you offer him something like 1yr 40 Mil for next yr? He and Cole back to back would be straight naughty, i'm just not sure they could talk him into NY.
    Javier BŠez, Carlos Correa, Corey Seager, Andrelton Simmons, Trevor Story ! I had hope Torres would succeed as a SS. He has not lived up to expectations. Have no fear the FA class next season is stacked with the highest quality.

    BŠez, Correa, Seager and Story will be free agents in their primes -- Correa will be 27 in 2022, Seager 28, and BŠez and Story 29.

  13. #1662
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,758
    Actually, I hadn't thought of this but maybe snag Seager and then trade for Marte? Gives them 2 lefty bats who can play all over. If peraza is ready, Seager moves to 2nd or 3rd until Volpe is ready .



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #1663
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Actually, I hadn't thought of this but maybe snag Seager and then trade for Marte? Gives them 2 lefty bats who can play all over. If peraza is ready, Seager moves to 2nd or 3rd until Volpe is ready .
    Sounds like a plan! Marte, as we discussed not too long ago, would fit. However I wouldn't be too quick to move one of the top 5 SS in the MLB off the position for a rook. Correa, Baez and Seager are all top shelf. maybe 1 - 3 - 5 in MLB?

  15. #1664
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Actually, I hadn't thought of this but maybe snag Seager and then trade for Marte? Gives them 2 lefty bats who can play all over. If peraza is ready, Seager moves to 2nd or 3rd until Volpe is ready .
    sounds good to me, i'm in

  16. #1665
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Anything less than WS appearance and I donít want Boone back. Who would be the next guy???? Who knows but there are some interesting candidates.

    Cashman needs to go as well. The Yankees need to offer him the silver parachute into retirement. I think he has done a very good job during his tenure but all good things come to an end. Itís time to move on and start winning WS this century.

    As far as goal post PosadaÖ..I have a buddy that has a saying ďif you meet one ******* a day itís them but if you meet ten *******s a day maybe your the *******Ē


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Love the post bro, I completely agree Boone needs to go no matter what. If it were my choice he would be gone no matter what, including us winning the WS. The players don't play hard for him, the last 2yrs this team has massively under performed with Boone at the helm. He has no idea how to use analytics as a tool, he seems to use the as the rule. His BP management is just is awful. Anything they have won with him at there helm has been, IMO, in spite of Boone not because of him.

    I hope you are right about Cash, but i just don't think Hal is going to do it.

    LOL, you and i must have the same friend, I love it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •