Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Imo DJ is the best pure hitter the Yanks have currently. He hits it where it's pitched and uses the whole field. He understands situational hitting and may be the most clutch bat on the roster.

Would like to add, I have observed clowns work on the PC council for several years. He is without question a devoted and knowledgeable member. He understands the importance of PC, it's advancement and implementation. Even here on a sports forum. No issue to big or small, clown is at the ready to tackle the job. Keep up the good work.

Brendan Kuty@BrendanKutyNJ
    16h
    Brian Cashman isn't ruling out the idea of the Yankees going over the luxury tax threshold. Said Steinbrenner's mindset has always been to at least bring it up if Cashman believes in it.

Does anyone actually believe this to be true? If so what is the hold up? The need is clear and has been for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Brendan Kuty@BrendanKutyNJ
    16h
    Brian Cashman isn't ruling out the idea of the Yankees going over the luxury tax threshold. Said Steinbrenner's mindset has always been to at least bring it up if Cashman believes in it.

Does anyone actually believe this to be true? If so what is the hold up? The need is clear and has been for some time.
    I will believe it when I see it. There is quite a lot the Yankees can do and I wonder how much over they would go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    No, I don't believe it.

If they didn't care about it, they would have not given the mandate to stay under it during the off season.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    No, I don't believe it.

If they didn't care about it, they would have not given the mandate to stay under it during the off season.

I hate to say this but if we want to keep the farm remotely intact, this team needs to lose. Cashman's "buyers at the deadline" comment is terrifying.
    If they can suddenly go past the tax, I can see every player in the farm up for grabs for overpriced guys in their 30s.

I think Cashman is desperate.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I hate to say this but if we want to keep the farm remotely intact, this team needs to lose. Cashman's "buyers at the deadline" comment is terrifying.
    If they can suddenly go past the tax, I can see every player in the farm up for grabs for overpriced guys in their 30s.

I think Cashman is desperate.
    Where in Cashman's history have you seen him do this though? This is antithetical to who he is. His statement is strange though. There is no one solution in players that can help this team through major trades. The yankees have a systemic problem scoring runs, and their starting pitching is falling apart. For the sake of many years to come it is best if they begin selling off pieces from this team now if the right offer comes along. Im saying get rid of everyone, but certain players are expendable on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Where in Cashman's history have you seen him do this though? This is antithetical to who he is. His statement is strange though. There is no one solution in players that can help this team through major trades. The yankees have a systemic problem scoring runs, and their starting pitching is falling apart. For the sake of many years to come it is best if they begin selling off pieces from this team now if the right offer comes along. Im saying get rid of everyone, but certain players are expendable on this team.
    I fully agree with the bolded. And the statement after it. If they are not part of the long term, send them packing.

I am not opposed to moving farmhands. I just want a great return for them and the Yankees have a history of overpaying. Ahem-Odor.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I fully agree with the bolded. And the statement after it. If they are not part of the long term, send them packing.

I am not opposed to moving farmhands. I just want a great return for them and the Yankees have a history of overpaying. Ahem-Odor.
    Part of the reason/ problem, teams tend to ask more from the Yankees than many other trading partners. Is part of that Cashman's negotiating skill? Or do teams tend to hold them hostage based on their payroll / revenue and history of success? If the Pirates, Indians, Orioles or even the Marlins coming knocking is the asking price the same ? I think recent history suggests it isn't.

To make matters worse, if the Yankees are perceived as desperate the inflation rate doubles. Not an excuse a reality imo. Teams seem to extract and ask for more than their rightful pound of flesh.

I think this is probably no more evident then when the yankees inquired about Josh Bell from the pirates and had to pass on him because of the asking price, supposedly. Bell was eventually traded for a couple of literal throwaway prospects from the nationals. Not all teams are doing this, but it seems like many of them are.

Per Aaron Boone:

- Corey Kluber continues to be on a throwing program from 60 ft.

- Darren O'Day is throwing a bullpen today and could go out on a rehab assignment this weekend.

- Justin Wilson threw a 'pen yesterday; is scheduled for another Friday.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Today the Yankees returned OF Ryan LaMarre from his rehab assignment, reinstated him from the 10-day injured list and outrighted him off the Major League roster.

So, opens up a 40 man spot.

Marly Rivera@MarlyRiveraESPN

Giancarlo Stanton said that he is building his body up to start playing the outfield; expects to be ready by early July. Stanton stated that his main goal was to not be out of the lineup for the next interleague series.

be out for a few interleague games or be out 2 months due to some injury,hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    be out for a few interleague games or be out 2 months due to some injury,hmmm.
    Won't disagree, however prior to coming to NY he averaged over 120 games per primarily in RF.

According to Fangraphs, he has only scored a negative in Ultimate Zone Rating and Defensive Runs Saved once in 2013. He earned a UZR of 8.3 in rightfield in 2017 and a 4.6 in leftfield in 2018 with the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Marly Rivera@MarlyRiveraESPN

Giancarlo Stanton said that he is building his body up to start playing the outfield; expects to be ready by early July. Stanton stated that his main goal was to not be out of the lineup for the next interleague series.
    While I applaud his desire to play, Andujar is doing just fine and if it ain't broke...

Maybe they are planning to move Miggy and Frazier for a guy like Marte?

Ignorance is bliss

Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast