Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Yanks 2021 season News, Rumors, Info, Updates

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I can get so wrapped up in just "MY" team,but last week I had commented on some of our base running adventures,and I know some posters here were wondering how major league ball players can be so careless? Well this morning I'm watching QP and it's white sox and twins,twins batter pops up a ball near third,easy catch honest it's a can of corn,so the short stop and the 3rd baseman converge on it,and believe me these two guys are close enough to each other that they can carry on a normal conversation,well you guessed it they both go for it and it bounces off I think the third basemans glove. Now here is my question? What ever happened to yelling "I GOT IT??" I mean is that really hard to do? Do guys have to practice that? And the White Sox mgr. is a seasoned vet (Tony Larussa) you would hope he work's on fundamentals with his ball players.In the old day's maybe you could offer the excuse of crowd noise,but certainly not this year or ever at an expo or a ray's game.
    I could go on and on about the lack of fundamentals that i don't see... I think Statcast and exit velo are putting a premium on how hard the ball is hit and those are the guys reaching the MLB. They seem more worried about how far the ball goes vs making contact.. they continue to pass up on very strong fundamental player for guys that show exit velo's of 110 +

IMO, when a guy can mash a ball they tend not to focus on their fundamentals. If you have a RF that can hit a ball 500 ft, who cares if he catches the ball with 2 hands or calls to catch the ball.. Defensive fundamentals these days are horrible

The biggest reason i love watching Gio so much is the way he plays the game. He plays fundamental baseball, knows the situation and 99% of the time make the right play. At the plate i rarely recall seeing him swing out of his shoes like we see Stanton, Gary, Torres, ect . He makes contact and what do you know, great things happen.

I feel the same about the NBA. The NBA has turned into a playground league and baseball is turning into HR contests
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-04-2021 at 09:25 AM.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    There's no clear timetable on a resolution, but if Jacoby Ellsbury wins his grievance and collects his $21,142,857 salary for 2020 from the Yankees.

That will put them far enough over the luxury tax for their top MLB Draft pick to drop 10 spots from No. 20 to No. 30.

Woof woof.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    There's no clear timetable on a resolution, but if Jacoby Ellsbury wins his grievance and collects his $21,142,857 salary for 2020 from the Yankees.

That will put them far enough over the luxury tax for their top MLB Draft pick to drop 10 spots from No. 20 to No. 30.

Woof woof.

That would suck about the draft pick, but the part that concerns me is the IFA money... If Jake and his non playing *** cost us Rodrick Arias, I'm starting a go fund me page for a hitman

Yanks 21 season News, Rumors, Info, Updates

We've always had one of these. I've noticed that alot of news, info ect is getting put in the GDT and as soon as that series is over, the info goes with the thread.

Lets put those kinda things in here so we can reference it when we need to and so we can keep good convos going

Jake, the gift that keeps on giving!

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Thanks for this.

I would have put the Jake stuff in here, didn't want it to buried quick in the GDT.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

^ That was what made me think of it 😀

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jake, the gift that keeps on giving!
    Taking, he's the gift that keeps on taking. Worthless!

If we didn't have Jake on the payroll for all those yr, we could have been so much better. We could have signed Max, picked up Verlander or 1 of another 1000 better uses for that 21m a yr. Worst contract/ player we've brought in a long time..

Jake didn't even really to try to play at all his last few yrs, or if he did it was a half assed attempt.

Signing players over 30, that are incredibly dependent on their legs, horrible move.

Similar thing as middle INF and C , bad long term investments after 30

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    If we didn't have Jake on the payroll for all those yr, we could have been so much better. We could have signed Max, picked up Verlander or 1 of another 1000 better uses for that 21m a yr. Worst contract/ player we've brought in a long time..

Jake didn't even really to try to play at all his last few yrs, or if he did it was a half assed attempt.

Signing players over 30, that are incredibly dependent on their legs, horrible move.

Similar thing as middle INF and C , bad long term investments after 30
    This. I don't understand what is grievance is. If anything, he straight up robbed the Yankees of millions. It is unprecedented for someone to rehab minor injuries for years. He literally didn't play for years. Clearly that guy had no interest in playing.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    This. I don't understand what is grievance is. If anything, he straight up robbed the Yankees of millions. It is unprecedented for someone to rehab minor injuries for years. He literally didn't play for years. Clearly that guy had no interest in playing.
    I think he will attempt to prove that he did "Try" to play. He went to Drs that were not part of the yankees system and they told him he could play, when the Yankees Drs said he couldn't or his Drs said he couldn't when they Yankees DRs said he could

I remember him arguing he wanted to play. He argued that they wanted him off the roster and didn't want to pay him so they were not giving him the chance.

It will be interesting. It's one of the few times, I am rooting for ownership.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Taking, he's the gift that keeps on taking. Worthless!
    No ****. Sarcasm sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think he will attempt to prove that he did "Try" to play. He went to Drs that were not part of the yankees system and they told him he could play, when the Yankees Drs said he couldn't or his Drs said he couldn't when they Yankees DRs said he could

I remember him arguing he wanted to play. He argued that they wanted him off the roster and didn't want to pay him so they were not giving him the chance.

It will be interesting. It's one of the few times, I am rooting for ownership.
    Yep, as I recall he claimed Yankees were trying to keep him on the IL so they could continue to collect on the insurance policy.

Gerrit Cole named Pitcher of the Month for April

4-1 (1.43 ERA), 62 K's, .178 batting average against

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Gerrit Cole named Pitcher of the Month for April

4-1 (1.43 ERA), 62 K's, .178 batting average against
    No surprise there ...

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast