Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I hope they leave the game alone.

In 1968, the “Year of the Pitcher.” Twenty-two pitchers had sub-2.00 earned run averages. Gibson's was an earth-shattering 1.12, the lowest in modern baseball history. Since then MLB found it necessary to tinker with the game. More offense, in their opinion, equals more excitement, more eyeballs and more fans in the seats. I couldn't disagree more!

Who is to say a slugfest is more exciting than a pitchers duel? Network execs? MLB officials? Pundits? The commissioners office is tasked with safe guarding the health of the game. I question at times if they are the best arbiter of health.
    Sadly, "there goes a Home Run! What a bomb. What a shot! That was a laser...."
    Is viewed as more exciting than "strike 3. That's his 10th K of the day!"

Football punishes defenses to help the offense.
    Basketball does the same.

The US is all about a score.

Manfred is bar none, the worst commissioner of any major sport, in my lifetime.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Sadly, "there goes a Home Run! What a bomb. What a shot! That was a laser...."
    Is viewed as more exciting than "strike 3. That's his 10th K of the day!"

Football punishes defenses to help the offense.
    Basketball does the same.

The US is all about a score.

Manfred is bar none, the worst commissioner of any major sport, in my lifetime.
    I agree. We all enjoy a game winner or walk off HR. The pendulum has swung too far. Once they lowered the mound the die was cast and there was no returning.

This extra inning fiasco (runner on 2B) is an insult to the game and another concession by MLB in attempt to attract younger viewers by adding an element and shortening the game. I would expect it in Little League were kids have homework to do and bedtimes!

So the vaccine doesn’t work? That is reassuring see it with the Yankees.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    What a shocker...

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Nick You are exaggerating. The vaccine works in preventing serious illness and hospitalization. It does not prevent transmission. If I read the news correctly the Yankee coaches tested positive, BUT were asymptomatic.

According to the CDC: COVID-19 vaccines teach our immune systems how to recognize and fight the virus that causes COVID-19. It typically takes two weeks after vaccination for the body to build protection (immunity) against the virus that causes COVID-19. That means it is possible a person could still get COVID-19 before or just after vaccination and then get sick because the vaccine did not have enough time to provide protection. People are considered fully protected two weeks after their second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, or two weeks after the single-dose Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine.

Although COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting sick, scientists are still learning how well vaccines prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to others, even if you do not have symptoms. Early data show the vaccines do help keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID-19, but we are learning more as more people get vaccinated.

We’re also still learning how long COVID-19 vaccines protect people.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Yankees say Severino woke up this morning with “a stiff back” so he won’t throw live BP today. Expected he will throw tomorrow instead.

Geesh

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    4 coaches and 3 staff have now tested positive in total for the Yankees.

All had been considered fully vaccinated.

6 of the 7 are considered asymptomatic.

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 05-12-2021 at 05:45 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Yankees say Severino woke up this morning with “a stiff back” so he won’t throw live BP today. Expected he will throw tomorrow instead.

Geesh

If we could actually believe what the Yanks say about their players injuries, this wouldn't be a big deal. Knowing the Yanks accuracy on injuries, Sevy is probably due for back surgery by the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post

Geesh

I knew it , sevy for the last 2 years now has been one set back after another . This is one reason why I am not convinced he will be a major factor this season

Supposedly the J&J vaccine had their clinical trials in africa, where the vaccine may be less effective against the variant there, hence their lower efficacy compared to pfizer and moderna. Efficacy may be much higher against the original strain of covid. It's still really odd that like half the staff got covid. Not sure what vaccine everyone else took.

well at least its not just us ...yuck
    Following Sunday’s games, non-pitchers across the league were hitting .236/.309/.396 — a .705 OPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I knew it , sevy for the last 2 years now has been one set back after another . This is one reason why I am not convinced he will be a major factor this season
    Sevy is expected to throw tomorrow which they announced tonight. So obviously it wasn't anything serious and he's still on schedule

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Sevy is expected to throw tomorrow which they announced tonight. So obviously it wasn't anything serious and he's still on schedule
    Never said it was serious but it was still a minor setback . But I am glad he is still on schedule

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    "Louis Severino's Thursday throwing session has been canceled. He is now experiencing tingling and numbness in his legs and feet. This recent development has been attributed to the J&J vaccine and the first potential case of clotting in a male.
    The Yankees insist they are not concerned but have sent him to Beth Israel Special Research Division, for further evaluation and monitoring"

Wtf. I can't believe this.

Because I wrote it
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 05-13-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Boone said reports he got on Severino's live BP was his fastball touched 96 mph and that it went "really well."

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast