Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Really?? i'm pretty sure you're the one that brought up it up first.

and we don't agree, you think they should just look to get rid of him for anything of slight value and has no place on this team moving forward.

IMO, i love the bat and think he can be salvaged. The sample size is far, far to small to say he can't handle 1st base or LF defensively. I would like to see how he does at those positions in AAA.

With as poor of a start as Gardy and Frazier are off to, having another MLB ready bat that has shown in the past that can be elite, isn't the worst thing. We're already 20% of the way through the season, at what point do decide we have an issue and give someone else a shot out there? I would like to see him continue to refine his defensive skills at all 3 positions and see what he look like 100% healthy.

he got 2nd place in the ROY voting and one could make the argument he was our best all around hitter in 18. We really haven't seen him close to 100% healthy since ST in 19, even now he's dealing with a wrist issue. He's still only 27, just enter what should be his prime yrs, I'm just not ready to give up that kind of talent for a minimal return or making a move just to make a move. I still think he can provide value to this team this yr. Our offense has been the worst part of our team yet were in a hurry to walk away from a player that hit .297/.328/.855 with 47 doubles 27hrs and 92 RBI's the last time he was 100% healthy
    “IMO, he just doesn't seem to have the mentality of a bench player. “

That is the line I was talking about in regards to andujar’s mentality as a everyday player or bench player . And that is what I was in reference to when I said you originally brought up his mentality , which you did . I only said he needed to play everyday in order to hit to his potential. Or are you going back on that assertion now?

And btw we already have have 4 guys on the roster who are questionable defensively , why add another when Frazier , voit and urshela are fine at their positions ? Tell me how. it’s worth holding on to andujar when there is no place on the 26 man roster for him ? Especially when there are guys like florial right behind him . So yeah I can walk away from a player like andujar . And yes he is a good hitter but how is it worth sacrificing even more defense for another bat that they don’t really need ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-11-2021 at 01:59 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Really?? i'm pretty sure you're the one that brought up it up first.

and we don't agree, you think they should just look to get rid of him for anything of slight value and has no place on this team moving forward.

IMO, i love the bat and think he can be salvaged. The sample size is far, far to small to say he can't handle 1st base or LF defensively. I would like to see how he does at those positions in AAA.

With as poor of a start as Gardy and Frazier are off to, having another MLB ready bat that has shown in the past that can be elite, isn't the worst thing. We're already 20% of the way through the season, at what point do decide we have an issue and give someone else a shot out there? I would like to see him continue to refine his defensive skills at all 3 positions and see what he look like 100% healthy.

he got 2nd place in the ROY voting and one could make the argument he was our best all around hitter in 18. We really haven't seen him close to 100% healthy since ST in 19, even now he's dealing with a wrist issue. He's still only 27, just enter what should be his prime yrs, I'm just not ready to give up that kind of talent for a minimal return or making a move just to make a move. I still think he can provide value to this team this yr. Our offense has been the worst part of our team yet were in a hurry to walk away from a player that hit .297/.328/.855 with 47 doubles 27hrs and 92 RBI's the last time he was 100% healthy
    Day, the quotes you used are hysterical. You can literally see the argument change and yes, the goal posts move.
    That's because a couple foolish comments were made and met with rebuttal, so the argument changed from Andujar being 0-10 and a "pretender" to, well he needs ABs and he isn't a bench type players so should play every day..

Hmm. I wonder what group posters might have been saying that and raised his curiosity enough to realize how inaccurate and silly his initial comments were, causing him to change horse in mid stream.

Eagles had him nailed on his , Ford is better than than Andujar. Andujar stinks and should be sent down argument. So he changed the argument and followed suit of others regarding Andujar needing every day play and then used your name and post as his "explanation" because he didn't have one of his own. Then turned around and played high and mighty.

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    It’s Showtime! https://t.co/pvbdtV2TrG

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Day, the quotes you used are hysterical. You can literally see the argument change and yes, the goal posts move.
    That's because a couple foolish comments were made and met with rebuttal, so the argument changed from Andujar being 0-10 and a "pretender" to, well he needs ABs and he isn't a bench type players so should play every day..

Hmm. I wonder what group posters might have been saying that and raised his curiosity enough to realize how inaccurate and silly his initial comments were, causing him to change horse in mid stream.

Eagles had him nailed on his , Ford is better than than Andujar. Andujar stinks and should be sent down argument. So he changed the argument and followed suit of others regarding Andujar needing every day play and then used your name and post as his "explanation" because he didn't have one of his own. Then turned around and played high and mighty.
    I think he just struggles to resist arguing any point made by others.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I think he just struggles to resist arguing any point made by others.
    100%

Slick, that picture is awesome!
    I love that dude! How
    could you not?

Ignorance is bliss

Fun fact: Gary Sánchez is now hitting .178/.333/.356, which is a 102 wRC+. All of this is to say that Gary has been an above-average hitter in 2021. That is incredible.

Baseball is weird.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Slick, that picture is awesome!
    I love that dude! How
    could you not?
    Voit is definitely my favorite. Cole is #2

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Fun fact: Gary Sánchez is now hitting .178/.333/.356, which is a 102 wRC+. All of this is to say that Gary has been an above-average hitter in 2021. That is incredible.

Baseball is weird.

wRC+ is definitely inflated this year due to offense being down across the league. Get ready for the juiced balls to make a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    wRC+ is definitely inflated this year due to offense being down across the league. Get ready for the juiced balls to make a comeback.
    with as badly as the offense has been around the league, bringing back the juiced ball back might not be the worst thing.

Its really amazing with all the new high speed cameras and tools available to pitchers, who much ahead pitching is ahead of the hitting. The way pitchers can design pitches and refine movement, velo ect its really getting hard to hit a baseball

According to the Yankees, there are three confirmed COVID-19 positives in their clubhouse: 3B coach Phil Nevin, 1B coach Reggie Willits and a non-coach support staff member.

** All three are apparently fully vaccinated.

Very interesting to have three breakthrough infections all at the same time.

They all got the J&J vaccine, and that has been reported to be less effective compared to Pfizer/Moderna.

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 05-11-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    According to the Yankees, there are three confirmed COVID-19 positives in their clubhouse: 3B coach Phil Nevin, 1B coach Reggie Willits and a non-coach support staff member.

** All three are apparently fully vaccinated.

Very interesting to have three breakthrough infections all at the same time.

They all got the J&J vaccine, and that has been reported to be less effective compared to Pfizer/Moderna.

Yeah, it's great J&J got their vaccine out there but at least for the moment, it is less effective. Thankfully, I believe it is still highly effective against hospitalizations. Time will tell how good they all are but given the Johnson's history? It isn't shocking that they have a subpar product that although at a low percentage, also has serious, adverse affects for women.
    I think the vaccine was really meant for export because of the storage benefits.
    I'm glad I did not get that one.

Ignorance is bliss

with as badly as the offense has been around the league, bringing back the juiced ball back might not be the worst thing.

Its really amazing with all the new high speed cameras and tools available to pitchers, who much ahead pitching is ahead of the hitting. The way pitchers can design pitches and refine movement, velo ect its really getting hard to hit a baseball
    I prefer the way things are now . I hated the juiced ball . Put focus only on homeruns .
    I think the new ball could force teams and hitters to start going away from the all or nothing approach and to some old fashioned hitting for average and contact
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-12-2021 at 08:34 AM.

I hope they go with moving the rubber back 12" or at least 6" to 61 feet.

I hope they leave the game alone.

In 1968, the “Year of the Pitcher.” Twenty-two pitchers had sub-2.00 earned run averages. Gibson's was an earth-shattering 1.12, the lowest in modern baseball history. Since then MLB found it necessary to tinker with the game. More offense, in their opinion, equals more excitement, more eyeballs and more fans in the seats. I couldn't disagree more!

Who is to say a slugfest is more exciting than a pitchers duel? Network execs? MLB officials? Pundits? The commissioners office is tasked with safe guarding the health of the game. I question at times if they are the best arbiter of health.

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast