Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Gross. What can Ford do that Andujar can't? Even if he isn't good at 3B, at least he could fake it there a game or two at a time. Ford offers nothing.
    Only thing I can think of is they want an ''true first baseman'' and a lefty hitter to help with easing voit back into a full time role.

And they'd rather let andujar get more playing time than spend ton of time on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Ford is left handed. He's also a better first baseman. However Andujar can play more than one position.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Ford had a really good AB in the other nights win. I do think his being a lefty hitter is the reason. He also has played more coming off the bench from what I remember, so it won't be a routine issue with him.

I don't mind the move. I would rather Andujar get regular reps.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Ford is left handed. He's also a better first baseman. However Andujar can play more than one position.
    Itís a no brainer to send andujar down . Why choose a pretender first baseman over a real one?
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-10-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Gross. What can Ford do that Andujar can't? Even if he isn't good at 3B, at least he could fake it there a game or two at a time. Ford offers nothing.
    After seeing andujar going 0 for since being brought up, you seriously have to ask that ? Why canít some people accept that andujar has no place on this team right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    After seeing andujar going 0 for since being brought up, you seriously have to ask that ? Why canít some people accept that andujar has no place on this team right now?

I've asked you a question twice now and you've avoided answering it. Why is that?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Only thing I can think of is they want an ''true first baseman'' and a lefty hitter to help with easing voit back into a full time role.

And they'd rather let andujar get more playing time than spend ton of time on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Dj is pretty good at 1B, he can easily be that backup with Andujar also having the ability to play there. I get wanting to have a lefty but it does matter what side they hit from if they are awful.

Lol it hasn't even been 10 ABs and you're drawing conclusions? Ford is a AAAA player and quite simply, he sucks. He isn't even good on defense so him being a "real" first baseman doesn't really hold any merit.

Lol it hasn't even been 10 ABs and you're drawing conclusions? Ford is a AAAA player and quite simply, he sucks. He isn't even good on defense so him being a "real" first baseman doesn't really hold any merit.
    Well andujar isnít great defensively either or did you forget why they are trying him in multiple positions ? If Ford is so much worse than andujar , why did they send down andujar instead ???

Imo the point becomes moot is a few days when Voit returns from IL. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Jag or Andujar are now back ups.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    The genius has struck yet again with its lack baseball knowledge and actual facts.

I certainly think Andujar can play first almost as well as ford.

I think Ford is used to sitting and getting a late inning AB. He's better off the bench. Andujar needs PAs to be successful.

I mean clearly, he had 10 ABs so that means he stinks.
    Like Torres was no longer a HR hitter because he hadn't hit on in the first 30 games.
    Neither was Mattingly for that matter, he went like 38.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Imo the point becomes moot is a few days when Voit returns from IL. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Jag or Andujar are now back ups.
    Well voit is coming back tomorrow from what I read . And andujar needs to be playing every day and the only way that happens is if he is at AAA . With both voit and urshela back , there is just no spot for him on the 26 msn roster

Well andujar isnít great defensively either or did you forget why they are trying him in multiple positions ? If Ford is so much worse than andujar , why did they send down andujar instead ???
    If they both aren't good defensively then why not go with the guy who has exponentially more potential at the plate????

If they both aren't good defensively then why not go with the guy who has exponentially more potential at the plate????
    How do you expect that guy with that potential to reach it again if he is a bench player ? He needs to be hitting every day . And with voit and urshela back , there is no spot for a player like andujar . Ford can be a bench player , andujar is not a bench player and shouldnít be . And btw when odor comes back , I am sure Ford will likely be the odd man out
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-10-2021 at 04:31 PM.

i gotta agree with Eagles, Ford is not a major league player. Maybe he'll be one in the future, who knows, but right now, he's not ready to hit major league pitching. His most valuable asset is that he's left handed. I understand the reasoning, but when you're hitting .100 what does it matter which side of the plate that player hits on?

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast