Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    i gotta agree with Eagles, Ford is not a major league player. Maybe he'll be one in the future, who knows, but right now, he's not ready to hit major league pitching. His most valuable asset is that he's left handed. I understand the reasoning, but when you're hitting .100 what does it matter which side of the plate that player hits on?
    You may be right about Ford but bottom line is , andujar needs to play everyday . And he wouldnít be doing that on the 26 man roster . Especially now that voit and urshela are gonna be back tomorrow

Andujar is the kind of hitter that needs to get alot of AB's to be successful. Unless they could find a way to get him into atleast 4-5 games a week he should be in AAA playing everyday and refining his defensive skills at all 3 positions they say they want him to get reps at.

IMO, he just doesn't seem to have the mentality of a bench player.

If he's in AAA getting reps and there is an injury, he'll be used to hitting everyday and IMO he'll be much more likely to hit right away vs if he was getting in 2 games a week off the bench

Ford is awful and i don't care if he's LHed or not, he's hitting close to .100. Cut him, send him down, whatever just get him off the 26 man roster. We've got Dietrich sitting in AAA thats a LHed bat and can play multiple positions, you're telling me he can hit better than Ford? If they are just looking for a LHed power bat off the bench give Florial a look for a couple weeks. With Voit back i just don't see a reason to keep a guy hitting .100 on the roster

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Andujar is the kind of hitter that needs to get alot of AB's to be successful. Unless they could find a way to get him into atleast 4-5 games a week he should be in AAA playing everyday and refining his defensive skills at all 3 positions they say they want him to get reps at.

If he's in AAA getting reps and there is an injury, he'll be used to hitting everyday and IMO he'll be much more likely to hit right away vs if he was getting in 2 games a week off the bench

Ford is awful and i don't care if he's LHed or not, he's hitting close to .100. Cut him, send him down, whatever just get him off the 26 man roster. We've got Dietrich sitting in AAA thats a LHed bat and can play multiple positions, you're telling me he can hit better than Ford? If they are just looking for a LHed power bat off the bench give Florial a look for a couple weeks. With Voit back i just don't see a reason to keep a guy hitting .100 on the roster
    Well I wouldnít worry about Ford being around a lot longer , once odor comes back someone has to go

has anyone even heard an update about Odor, whats injured or when he is expected back?
    edit
    The Yankees say Odor is doing fine but he isnít close to returning. Boone said that Odor took swings and did infield work prior to Sundayís game. The infielder is doing well, but he is not yet allowed to ramp up baseball activities. The Yankees want to make sure there are no setbacks with his knee.
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-10-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    How do you expect that guy with that potential to reach it again if he is a bench player ? He needs to be hitting every day . And with voit and urshela back , there is no spot for a player like andujar . Ford can be a bench player , andujar is not a bench player and shouldnít be . And btw when odor comes back , I am sure Ford will likely be the odd man out
    Oh is there a rule that a player can't hit coming off the bench? Must be new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Oh is there a rule that a player can't hit coming off the bench? Must be new to me.
    Dayners actually explained it very well . Just read his post

Dayners actually explained it very well . Just read his post
    The fact of the matter is, we don't really know until they try it. Andujar has no spot on this team now or in the future. Therefore, he is trade bait. His value has plummeted and imo the only thing he can do to bring his value back up is show he can really hit major league pitching again. Obviously he cannot prove that at AAA.

The fact of the matter is, we don't really know until they try it. Andujar has no spot on this team now or in the future. Therefore, he is trade bait. His value has plummeted and imo the only thing he can do to bring his value back up is show he can really hit major league pitching again. Obviously he cannot prove that at AAA.
    He canít prove it in the majors either as a part time player from the bench who doesnít get enough at bats to raise his value. Atleast in the minors he could raise his defensive value enough to be worth something in a trade .
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-10-2021 at 09:25 PM.

He canít prove it in the majors either as a part time player from the bench who doesnít get enough at bats to raise his value. Atleast in the minors he could raise his defensive value enough to be worth something in a trade .
    His defense is what it is. It is never going to get better at this point. Andujar could have been getting reps at 1B for this entire first month of the season to build his value but they had him sitting at the alt site doing nothing. Him playing part time in the majors will do more for his value than playing every day at AAA imo. Teams already know he can hit AAA pitching, they want to see he isn't a one season wonder in the big leagues.

His defense is what it is. It is never going to get better at this point. Andujar could have been getting reps at 1B for this entire first month of the season to build his value but they had him sitting at the alt site doing nothing. Him playing part time in the majors will do more for his value than playing every day at AAA imo. Teams already know he can hit AAA pitching, they want to see he isn't a one season wonder in the big leagues.
    Well like it it not he has no spot on the current 26 man roster . He is not a bench player and it takes a different Mentality to be a bench player than an everyday player . Best thing for him is to be at AAA

IMO, it depends on how they view Andujars future with role with this team. If they view him as a long term piece to help this team, it makes to send him to AAA. In AAA, he will be able to refine his defense at 1st,3rd and LF as well as getting AB's everyday.

Ryan Braun was actually worse defensively at 3rd base before he transferred to LF and became a solid defensive player out there. Frazier put up one of the all time statistically worst defensive yrs in the OF in 19 and was a GG finalist a yr later. Andujar is young, very athletic and an extremely hard worker. There is no reason why he couldn't be atleast league average defensively in LF. In an albeit very small sample size, he didn't look horrible at 1st either, certainly no worse the Bruce or Ford.

When healthy, Andujar is exactly the kind of hitter we could use in our lineup. He makes tons of contact, hits for a high avg, doesn't rely on the HR to be productive and has a very low K%. If the Yanks believe he can be that kind of hitter again then it makes sense to put him in AAA where he can continue to refine his skills at multiple positions till he gets an opportunity in the MLB again

If they strictly view him as a trade asset, the only way they are really going to significant raise his trade value is if he hits at the MLB level. Teams know he can still mash AAA pitching but no one has seen him do that successfully in quite a while. Another thing to consider is he's still working his way back to being 100%, he missed all of ST with that wrist injury and i believe he has only been back to hitting for about a month. He hasn't had all spring to get ready like most everyone else. If they still have him in AAA in 2-3 weeks, i'll be very surprised if he's not tearing the cover off the ball

IMO, I think the best move is to keep him in AAA and to continue getting reps everyday while refining his defense at multiple positions. With Viot and Gio back, unless they are going to send Clint down, there really isn't a place for him on the roster. I think he may have missed his opportunity being hurt again this spring, to make an impact the MLB roster. Another thing to consider, especially for a hopeful contender like us, it's not the worst thing to have an MLB ready impact bat sitting at AAA that can handle multiple positions defensively

IMO, it depends on how they view Andujars future with role with this team. If they view him as a long term piece to help this team, it makes to send him to AAA. In AAA, he will be able to refine his defense at 1st,3rd and LF as well as getting AB's everyday.

Ryan Braun was actually worse defensively at 3rd base before he transferred to LF and became a solid defensive player out there. Frazier put up one of the all time statistically worst defensive yrs in the OF in 19 and was a GG finalist a yr later. Andujar is young, very athletic and an extremely hard worker. There is no reason why he couldn't be atleast league average defensively in LF. In an albeit very small sample size, he didn't look horrible at 1st either, certainly no worse the Bruce or Ford.

When healthy, Andujar is exactly the kind of hitter we could use in our lineup. He makes tons of contact, hits for a high avg, doesn't rely on the HR to be productive and has a very low K%. If the Yanks believe he can be that kind of hitter again then it makes sense to put him in AAA where he can continue to refine his skills at multiple positions till he gets an opportunity in the MLB again

If they strictly view him as a trade asset, the only way they are really going to significant raise his trade value is if he hits at the MLB level. Teams know he can still mash AAA pitching but no one has seen him do that successfully in quite a while. Another thing to consider is he's still working his way back to being 100%, he missed all of ST with that wrist injury and i believe he has only been back to hitting for about a month. He hasn't had all spring to get ready like most everyone else. If they still have him in AAA in 2-3 weeks, i'll be very surprised if he's not tearing the cover off the ball

IMO, I think the best move is to keep him in AAA and to continue getting reps everyday while refining his defense at multiple positions. With Viot and Gio back, unless they are going to send Clint down, there really isn't a place for him on the roster. I think he may have missed his opportunity being hurt again this spring, to make an impact the MLB roster. Another thing to consider, especially for a hopeful contender like us, it's not the worst thing to have an MLB ready impact bat sitting at AAA that can handle multiple positions defensively

Thatís all good and all but andujar has a way to go until he is good enough defensively to replace voit or Frazier . I still think the best they can do with him is trade him once he becomes atleast adequate in one position .

Well like it it not he has no spot on the current 26 man roster . He is not a bench player and it takes a different Mentality to be a bench player than an everyday player . Best thing for him is to be at AAA
    Do you know Andujar personally? What type of mentality does he have? Or can you just tell from reading box scores?

Do you know Andujar personally? What type of mentality does he have? Or can you just tell from reading box scores?
    You should be asking dayners that since he is the one who originally made that statement . I was just agreeing with him

After seeing andujar going 0 for since being brought up, you seriously have to ask that ? Why canít some people accept that andujar has no place on this team right now?
    Itís a no brainer to send andujar down . Why choose a pretender first baseman over a real one?
    Well voit is coming back tomorrow from what I read . And andujar needs to be playing every day and the only way that happens is if he is at AAA . With both voit and urshela back , there is just no spot for him on the 26 msn roster

You should be asking dayners that since he is the one who originally made that statement . I was just agreeing with him
    Really?? i'm pretty sure you're the one that brought up it up first.

and we don't agree, you think they should just look to get rid of him for anything of slight value and has no place on this team moving forward.

IMO, i love the bat and think he can be salvaged. The sample size is far, far to small to say he can't handle 1st base or LF defensively. I would like to see how he does at those positions in AAA.

With as poor of a start as Gardy and Frazier are off to, having another MLB ready bat that has shown in the past that can be elite, isn't the worst thing. We're already 20% of the way through the season, at what point do decide we have an issue and give someone else a shot out there? I would like to see him continue to refine his defensive skills at all 3 positions and see what he look like 100% healthy.

he got 2nd place in the ROY voting and one could make the argument he was our best all around hitter in 18. We really haven't seen him close to 100% healthy since ST in 19, even now he's dealing with a wrist issue. He's still only 27, just enter what should be his prime yrs, I'm just not ready to give up that kind of talent for a minimal return or making a move just to make a move. I still think he can provide value to this team this yr. Our offense has been the worst part of our team yet were in a hurry to walk away from a player that hit .297/.328/.855 with 47 doubles 27hrs and 92 RBI's the last time he was 100% healthy

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast