Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 116 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1845
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I meant to say GIO, not Gil. I was going to mention a picture and specifically rule out GIl and a couple of others, but instead said wildcard pitcher. I must be getting old. My brain is thinking one thing and I am typing something else. LOL.

To reiterate, the trade was Voit GIO Urshella and Andujar and a wildcard.
    Phew!
    Although I would expect them to ask for Gil. Olson is young and under control for another 2 years.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Just talked to someone who is in Cashmans inner circle in regards to how they feel about current players and what they are looking to due this winter.

Cashman has basically said Voit will be gone, here's a shocking part, He hasn't been happy with Rizzo at all and are uncertain they will try and bring him back. Matt Olsen was mentioned as a top target and Freeman as well, though they believe he won't leave ATL.

They are planning on Hicks being the starting CFer next yr, for some reason Cashman and the anals dept love him. He also said they have minimal interest in bringing Gardy back and will look to Flo and Allen to be the 4th/5th OFer

Nothing about Gary.

This last stretch with Torres will probably decide his future this winter, if he plays wells they likely keep him, if not they could look to move him. There was a ton of he's so young, was playing out of position, already shown so much, ect, so we'll see.

He had a few spec notes as well. They think Dominguez is 3+ yrs away. They feel like even though the tools are as good or even better than advertised, he needs lots more live game experience. They still love him but he's likely going to take a bit longer than they hoped.

While his ceiling is quite as high, they really love Pereira and believe he will move quickly starting next yr.

Cashman is in love with Volpe and is their only totally untouchable spec. Here is the interesting note, they already don't see him as a SS in the future. They feel like he is going to out grow the position and is better suited for 2nd or 3rd. They believe he could be ready as soon as next yr. They believe he is Jeter like and makes plays that positively affect the game on both sides of the ball. Got another Bregman comp, they believe he is going to be a Judge like impact player.

They are looking at Peraza being the SS of the future and believe he isn't that far away either. They really like Seager but are concerned about his injury history

The pitching situation is very interesting. They love Robbie Ray, like they always have, and could try very hard to get him this winter. Sevy is going to get every shot to start again next yr. If they do get Ray that would give them a 1-2-3-4 of Cole, Ray, Sevy and Monty.

If they sign or trade for a pitcher, expect to hear some trade talk about Taillon and German. They really like the group of pitchers they have in AA and AAA but aren't sure any are going to be 100% ready to take a rotation spot next spring

As always take it for whatever it's worth
    A lot of this I liked,,,some not so much.

I really like the fact that Cash is so happy with the young guy's, Pereira,Volpe,Peraz and the young arms,it does sound like they will be given every opportunity to make the club,granted not tomorrow but in the near future.
    Hicks? If healthy we've seen what he can do,but I surely would not be setting his name in stone in CF. The guy gets hurt ALOT.

Maybe I like Taillon more than others but he was really pitching well until about two starts before he got hurt and I really do think he hit a wall. The guy hadn't pitched in the longest time and while maybe he was working hard at conditioning and whatever else possible to rehab,there's nothing like game conditions. IF they do trade him I hope we sell high.

Gary? I don't think I have to tell you how I feel about him. But I agree with Clown in that we don't have anyone on the farm to take his place and Higgy is not the answer so what Cash needs to do is pull a DiDi rabbit out of his hat. I was more or less just reading and stalking this forum but I know you guy's were getting on someone for making a "did we actually trade Shane Green for DiDi post. I also do not recall if when we got DiDi it was greeted favorably here.
    And I also think Cash and the rest of the organzation love Gary so I don't expect them to say a finding a catcher is a priority
    My point though is we need a catcher we need a good catcher ,we need a catcher who can block pitches,we need a catcher who the pitching staff know that if they bounce one he'll block it. There would be no way on this planet I'd trust him with all the young arm's coming up

Freeman,nice ball player excellent MOF,but up there in age he'd cost a ton of money I also don't think Atlanta would let him get away and I'm happy with Rizz. His glove no one can argue and I think he put's up smart at bat's. But I love his defense and we don't need to look any further that our last game against Texas to see how an ok first baseman is just ok,.

Thanks for posting this Day!!

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post

I really like the fact that Cash is so happy with the young guy's, Pereira,Volpe,Peraz and the young arms,it does sound like they will be given every opportunity to make the club,granted not tomorrow but in the near future.
    Hicks? If healthy we've seen what he can do,but I surely would not be setting his name in stone in CF. The guy gets hurt ALOT.

Maybe I like Taillon more than others but he was really pitching well until about two starts before he got hurt and I really do think he hit a wall. The guy hadn't pitched in the longest time and while maybe he was working hard at conditioning and whatever else possible to rehab,there's nothing like game conditions. IF they do trade him I hope we sell high.

Gary? I don't think I have to tell you how I feel about him. But I agree with Clown in that we don't have anyone on the farm to take his place and Higgy is not the answer so what Cash needs to do is pull a DiDi rabbit out of his hat. I was more or less just reading and stalking this forum but I know you guy's were getting on someone for making a "did we actually trade Shane Green for DiDi post. I also do not recall if when we got DiDi it was greeted favorably here.
    And I also think Cash and the rest of the organzation love Gary so I don't expect them to say a finding a catcher is a priority
    My point though is we need a catcher we need a good catcher ,we need a catcher who can block pitches,we need a catcher who the pitching staff know that if they bounce one he'll block it. There would be no way on this planet I'd trust him with all the young arm's coming up

Freeman,nice ball player excellent MOF,but up there in age he'd cost a ton of money I also don't think Atlanta would let him get away and I'm happy with Rizz. His glove no one can argue and I think he put's up smart at bat's. But I love his defense and we don't need to look any further that our last game against Texas to see how an ok first baseman is just ok,.

I wasn't told what Cashman issue is with Rizzo was but i got the feeling it was a clubhouse issue, not a performance issue. I know they were expecting him to take a leadership role, maybe thats the problem? I have no idea, but I have really thought he has done a very good job for us. Unless they can get Olsen, i would re sign Rizzo. Jim Bowden floated a Voit, Torres plus for Olsen.

I don't understand the Hicks thing at all, he's a very good player when healthy but that hasn't been very often. Having guys like Flo and Allen being ready to take over helps but i sure wouldn't want to need to count on Hicks being healthy all yr.

Last yr, while it was discussed about letting Gary walk, i was always told that they were never serious about it. The fact this guy didn't mention anything about keeping Gary makes me believe that they could move on from him. While we don't have a starting caliber C ready we do have Sands who should be ready next yr and we have Breaux who tore up AA all yr. IMO, they will probably stick with Gary for next yr and let him walk after the yr.

The rotation is going to be interesting. Even if they don't go get a starter they have a ton of options going into next yr. These are obviously very early off season talks and i think whatever happens in the next 2 weeks could change everything.

As far as the specs, this guy i talked to sure is high on some of them. It seems like they are going to maneuver things so they get a legit shot when they are ready. I was very interested to hear what they were thinking and i was pretty surprised.

I wasn't told what Cashman issue is with Rizzo was but i got the feeling it was a clubhouse issue, not a performance issue. I know they were expecting him to take a leadership role, maybe thats the problem? I have no idea, but I have really thought he has done a very good job for us. Unless they can get Olsen, i would re sign Rizzo. Jim Bowden floated a Voit, Torres plus for Olsen.

I don't understand the Hicks thing at all, he's a very good player when healthy but that hasn't been very often. Having guys like Flo and Allen being ready to take over helps but i sure wouldn't want to need to count on Hicks being healthy all yr.

Last yr, while it was discussed about letting Gary walk, i was always told that they were never serious about it. The fact this guy didn't mention anything about keeping Gary makes me believe that they could move on from him. While we don't have a starting caliber C ready we do have Sands who should be ready next yr and we have Breaux who tore up AA all yr. IMO, they will probably stick with Gary for next yr and let him walk after the yr.

The rotation is going to be interesting. Even if they don't go get a starter they have a ton of options going into next yr. These are obviously very early off season talks and i think whatever happens in the next 2 weeks could change everything.

As far as the specs, this guy i talked to sure is high on some of them. It seems like they are going to maneuver things so they get a legit shot when they are ready. I was very interested to hear what they were thinking and i was pretty surprised.
    I like the young blood! It keeps enthusiasm and guys on their toes.
    It does need to be harnessed in a respectable way though. For example I donít want a Machado/ Tatis jr. thing going on with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just talked to someone who is in Cashmans inner circle in regards to how they feel about current players and what they are looking to due this winter.

Cashman has basically said Voit will be gone, here's a shocking part, He hasn't been happy with Rizzo at all and are uncertain they will try and bring him back. Matt Olsen was mentioned as a top target and Freeman as well, though they believe he won't leave ATL.

They are planning on Hicks being the starting CFer next yr, for some reason Cashman and the anals dept love him. He also said they have minimal interest in bringing Gardy back and will look to Flo and Allen to be the 4th/5th OFer

Nothing about Gary.

This last stretch with Torres will probably decide his future this winter, if he plays wells they likely keep him, if not they could look to move him. There was a ton of he's so young, was playing out of position, already shown so much, ect, so we'll see.

He had a few spec notes as well. They think Dominguez is 3+ yrs away. They feel like even though the tools are as good or even better than advertised, he needs lots more live game experience. They still love him but he's likely going to take a bit longer than they hoped.

While his ceiling is quite as high, they really love Pereira and believe he will move quickly starting next yr.

Cashman is in love with Volpe and is their only totally untouchable spec. Here is the interesting note, they already don't see him as a SS in the future. They feel like he is going to out grow the position and is better suited for 2nd or 3rd. They believe he could be ready as soon as next yr. They believe he is Jeter like and makes plays that positively affect the game on both sides of the ball. Got another Bregman comp, they believe he is going to be a Judge like impact player.

They are looking at Peraza being the SS of the future and believe he isn't that far away either. They really like Seager but are concerned about his injury history

The pitching situation is very interesting. They love Robbie Ray, like they always have, and could try very hard to get him this winter. Sevy is going to get every shot to start again next yr. If they do get Ray that would give them a 1-2-3-4 of Cole, Ray, Sevy and Monty.

If they sign or trade for a pitcher, expect to hear some trade talk about Taillon and German. They really like the group of pitchers they have in AA and AAA but aren't sure any are going to be 100% ready to take a rotation spot next spring

As always take it for whatever it's worth
    Matt Olsen would be the ideal 1st baseman for the Yankees, no doubt about that. He's just entering his prime, he's 6'5 and a great defender. While I'd love to get him, the cost will be enormous! Especially with him coming off a career year this year. Who are you willing to give up for Olsen? Because it's gonna cost someone special for sure. I'd think it would (at very least) cost Gleyber and parts, you ready to move on from Gleyber? I am hesitant but that's not a no lol.

In reality, I feel what's more likely is re-signing Rizzo or getting Freeman. Cause it only costs money and I am pretty sure Hal is gonna spend next year...at least go over the cap.

I really wanna see the Yankees get some speed. I'm tired of seeing station to station play waiting for the 3 run bomb. I'd go get Mondesi from KC. Besides DJ really had a down year and if he doesn't hit above .300 next year, we really need a lead off hitter.

Total fantasy land here but adding Mondesi and Olsen along with say Hicks/Allen in CF and Gallo makes our lineup balanced RH/LH.

Robbie Ray would be nice, again I like the balance with lefties Ray, Monty and perhaps Cortes (if this year isn't a fluke) to go with Cole, Sevy, Gil.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post

freeman is a month younger then rizzo. but freeman is in his prime as a hitter while rizzo better days offensively appear over..

Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    Matt Olsen would be the ideal 1st baseman for the Yankees, no doubt about that. He's just entering his prime, he's 6'5 and a great defender. While I'd love to get him, the cost will be enormous! Especially with him coming off a career year this year. Who are you willing to give up for Olsen? Because it's gonna cost someone special for sure. I'd think it would (at very least) cost Gleyber and parts, you ready to move on from Gleyber? I am hesitant but that's not a no lol.

In reality, I feel what's more likely is re-signing Rizzo or getting Freeman. Cause it only costs money and I am pretty sure Hal is gonna spend next year...at least go over the cap.

I really wanna see the Yankees get some speed. I'm tired of seeing station to station play waiting for the 3 run bomb. I'd go get Mondesi from KC. Besides DJ really had a down year and if he doesn't hit above .300 next year, we really need a lead off hitter.

Total fantasy land here but adding Mondesi and Olsen along with say Hicks/Allen in CF and Gallo makes our lineup balanced RH/LH.

Robbie Ray would be nice, again I like the balance with lefties Ray, Monty and perhaps Cortes (if this year isn't a fluke) to go with Cole, Sevy, Gil.
    I move Gley for Olson immediately. We have so many infield specs that are special and almost ready. Trade Gley for Olson and sign Seager. Your infield becomes Gio, Seager, DJ, Olson. Great balance there. When the specs are ready you slot them in for Gio and DJ. DJ goes back to this super utility role after the 22 season and Gio becomes a nice trade piece at the deadline.

DJ (RH)
    Seager (LH)
    Judge (RH)
    Olson (LH)
    Stanton (RH)
    Gallo (LH)
    Sanchez (RH)
    Gio (RH)
    Hicks (Switch)

Itís a beautiful thing

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    I move Gley for Olson immediately. We have so many infield specs that are special and almost ready. Trade Gley for Olson and sign Seager. Your infield becomes Gio, Seager, DJ, Olson. Great balance there. When the specs are ready you slot them in for Gio and DJ. DJ goes back to this super utility role after the 22 season and Gio becomes a nice trade piece at the deadline.

DJ (RH)
    Seager (LH)
    Judge (RH)
    Olson (LH)
    Stanton (RH)
    Gallo (LH)
    Sanchez (RH)
    Gio (RH)
    Hicks (Switch)

Itís a beautiful thing
    Sounds great. However easier said than done. Imo takes more than Torres to snag Olson, particularly when you consider the season he is having, and I love Torres. I have been advocating grabbing one of the FA SS. Seager is as good as any, although Correa, Story and Baez ain't chopped liver. I expect the numbers to easily be in the 20M to 35M range per. Might be too rich for Hal's blood. He may take a less costly route and wait for the spects to mature.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Sounds great. However easier said than done. Imo takes more than Torres to snag Olson, particularly when you consider the season he is having, and I love Torres. I have been advocating grabbing one of the FA SS. Seager is as good as any, although Correa, Story and Baez ain't chopped liver. I expect the numbers to easily be in the 20M to 35M range per. Might be too rich for Hal's blood. He may take a less costly route and wait for the spects to mature.
    throw in volpe dominquez and a few others and the a's might be interested..

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    No.
    Just no.

Ignorance is bliss

DJ (RH)
    Seager (LH)
    Judge (RH)
    Olson (LH)
    Stanton (RH)
    Gallo (LH)
    Sanchez (RH)
    Gio (RH)
    Hicks (Switch)

Itís a beautiful thing
    Just because the Yankee brass says they want a player doesn't mean it's gonna happen, hi Shohei! Why would the A's seriously trade Olsen? They don't have a rising star in the minors ready to replace Olsen and they sure aren't gonna spend on FAs like Rizzo and Freeman. If you're hoping for Olsen as a Yankee next year, I'd rather place my hope in winning the lottery about the same odds

Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    Just because the Yankee brass says they want a player doesn't mean it's gonna happen, hi Shohei! Why would the A's seriously trade Olsen? They don't have a rising star in the minors ready to replace Olsen and they sure aren't gonna spend on FAs like Rizzo and Freeman. If you're hoping for Olsen as a Yankee next year, I'd rather place my hope in winning the lottery about the same odds
    Because the As usually move a player before losing them to free agency. Heís got 2 years left so realistically they wait another year unless you blow them away. Just Gley wouldnít get it done. However, Gley, Voit, Schmidt, Sweeney? They certainly arenít hanging up.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Absolutely. I wasnít saying itís a straight up trade. Obviously itís going to cost more. Gley, Voit, Schmidt, Sweeney? Thatís a very interesting package

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    Not happening in this lifetime. The Yankees have an amazing crop of SS just around the corner.

DJ (RH)
    Seager (LH)
    Judge (RH)
    Olson (LH)
    Stanton (RH)
    Gallo (LH)
    Sanchez (RH)
    Gio (RH)
    Hicks (Switch)

Itís a beautiful thing

Um, what? You trade Gleyber for Olsen because we have "so many infield specs that are special and almost ready" but you want to sign Seager? What difference would it make how special our infield prospects are if you're intent on signing a free agent shortstop?