Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 115 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1845
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The irony. Boone was hired because of his ability to relate well to young players! LOL

Personally I like Buck. No nonsense. Hard nose. Knows the game better than most. In fact I am willing to wager he has forgotten more BB than Boone currently knows. He is a kiss *** and taking names manager. I am generally not a hard *** or disciplinarian, quite the contrary, however this current group needs strong leadership.
    BINGO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    You know Iím not a Sanchez fan, but Iím really wondering what a good experienced manager who could mix analytics and real time could do with guys like Gary and Gleyber.
    I think our next manager is incredibly important especially with all the talented young blood we have coming up.
    I think we did, look how he did with Pena and Girardi. They asked Sanchez to change defensive styles and coaches 3 times in 4yrs. He had 1 style with Pena where he was actually a decsent defensive catcher, added by his sub 2 pop times and 70 grade arm. Then they brought i a catching coach that changed everything again in 2019, no coincidence he massively struggled offensively that yr. Then they brought in Swanson and had him go to the 1 leg approach in 2020.

IMO it hard enough to figure out 1 style but being asked to learn 3 in 4yrs and still be the same guy offensively? thats a little tough IMO.

Compared to how he hit early in his career, Sanchez isn't nearly the hitter he was. How much did having him change his defensive style effect him offensively? He was awful and needed a change defensively but 3 times is a little much.

The irony. Boone was hired because of his ability to relate well to young players! LOL

Personally I like Buck. No nonsense. Hard nose. Knows the game better than most. In fact I am willing to wager he has forgotten more BB than Boone currently knows. He is a kiss *** and taking names manager. I am generally not a hard *** or disciplinarian, quite the contrary, however this current group needs strong leadership.
    I think you meant "kick *** and take names" manager, at least if you were describing Buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    I think you meant "kick *** and take names" manager, at least if you were describing Buck.
    LOL Yep, just noticed it. Thanks for the heads up. Buck kisses no ***!

Btw, the Brewer's Josh Hader's ERA is now down to 1.37. He would have been a really nice add to our BP this year.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    It was actually in this thread.

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...php?p=34028676

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Thank you sir! I stand corrected.
    I may be thinking about the game threads too but meh.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Granted, 4 isn't many wins, but 4 is not less than 4 !

He's never been too good with the math.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Yes I did. I agreed with the majority of his comments.

I agree with everything he said, and the proof is in the pudding. When Boone actually admits he should have made those plays, you know it's a problem.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Yanks 2021 season News, Rumors, Info, Updates

I saw a fantastic segment on the Michael Kay show today, it actually sounded like one of our threads.
    Theyíre talking about the two wild pitches in the ninth, and how hard it is for a man the size of Sanchez to try and jump up or move laterally when heís on one knee. It seems that the catching coach Tanner Swanson put him on one knee because the analytics said he was really bad at framing pitches. Now he has gotten better at framing pitches, but honestly how many pitches is he stealing on a daily basis that itís winning games for us?
    Has he gotten better at blocking pitches? Well really there was no where to go but up in that department, but if heís that uncomfortable catching on one knee has this change benefited us?? Garyís not exactly the most confident guy has this also coincided with his drop in batting?
    And what would you guys rather have a guy thatís good at framing pitches or a guy thatís terrific at blocking pitches???

He also said our organization is absolutely stubborn and hell bent on analytics. That department has no grey area whatsoever! And they have the numbers to prove it! Regardless of what baseball people see and their experience, the analytics department gets the nod.

He also said in so many words that Boone thinks heís going down and thatís one of the reasons weíve actually heard him criticize guys like Gleyber and Gary recently. Now I wonít say he called those guys out, but Aaron is usually a 3/4 glass full guy, Iíve even noticed it in the post game press conferences. He just seems worn and tired. Maybe heís sick and tired? Most of us said he managed much better when he was short handed

So I guess catching foul pops is also hard when you catch on one knee?

This is my take on Gary, first off I donít like him as our catcher at all. Iíve said that many times. Has he improved defensively? Well yes sorta, but there was room for a ton of improvement, so thereís that.
    I think heís lazy , I canít handle guys who donít hustle, I donít think he ďgets itĒ and after this off season where he was crying about being benched in the playoffs that was quite obvious, I donít think he has the mindset to man the most important position on the team.
    Look everyone makes errors. About a week ago I wrote about Gio that heís looked lost since he came back and I absolutely said I know heís better than that , well you know what? Even though Garyís had a really bad week plus,, there is no way on earth I can say, I know heís better than that, because he isnít! Did this team mess him up with different styles different coaches etc. ? Yeah they probably did, and I donít think he has the mindset to overcome that stuff.
    Did he lose the ball in the sun? I guess but this stuff keeps happening, thatís why I cannot give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Is Higgy the answer? Of course not, BUT Iíd play him as our regular catcher. Garyís hitting what .210? Not exactly Johnny Bench back there, so weíre not sacrificing that much offense. Yes I know he hits home runs but no way Iím done.
    Itís crunch time fellas we practically have to run the table, we canít afford to lose games. Worry about next season in November (hopefully) Gary is a liability

So I guess catching foul pops is also hard when you catch on one knee?

This is my take on Gary, first off I donít like him as our catcher at all. Iíve said that many times. Has he improved defensively? Well yes sorta, but there was room for a ton of improvement, so thereís that.
    I think heís lazy , I canít handle guys who donít hustle, I donít think he ďgets itĒ and after this off season where he was crying about being benched in the playoffs that was quite obvious, I donít think he has the mindset to man the most important position on the team.
    Look everyone makes errors. About a week ago I wrote about Gio that heís looked lost since he came back and I absolutely said I know heís better than that , well you know what? Even though Garyís had a really bad week plus,, there is no way on earth I can say, I know heís better than that, because he isnít! Did this team mess him up with different styles different coaches etc. ? Yeah they probably did, and I donít think he has the mindset to overcome that stuff.
    Did he lose the ball in the sun? I guess but this stuff keeps happening, thatís why I cannot give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Is Higgy the answer? Of course not, BUT Iíd play him as our regular catcher. Garyís hitting what .210? Not exactly Johnny Bench back there, so weíre not sacrificing that much offense. Yes I know he hits home runs but no way Iím done.
    Itís crunch time fellas we practically have to run the table, we canít afford to lose games. Worry about next season in November (hopefully) Gary is a liability

He has been a liability for years now . Itís time to move on from him .

Just talked to someone who is in Cashmans inner circle in regards to how they feel about current players and what they are looking to due this winter.

Cashman has basically said Voit will be gone, here's a shocking part, He hasn't been happy with Rizzo at all and are uncertain they will try and bring him back. Matt Olsen was mentioned as a top target and Freeman as well, though they believe he won't leave ATL.

They are planning on Hicks being the starting CFer next yr, for some reason Cashman and the anals dept love him. He also said they have minimal interest in bringing Gardy back and will look to Flo and Allen to be the 4th/5th OFer

Nothing about Gary.

This last stretch with Torres will probably decide his future this winter, if he plays wells they likely keep him, if not they could look to move him. There was a ton of he's so young, was playing out of position, already shown so much, ect, so we'll see.

He had a few spec notes as well. They think Dominguez is 3+ yrs away. They feel like even though the tools are as good or even better than advertised, he needs lots more live game experience. They still love him but he's likely going to take a bit longer than they hoped.

While his ceiling is quite as high, they really love Pereira and believe he will move quickly starting next yr.

Cashman is in love with Volpe and is their only totally untouchable spec. Here is the interesting note, they already don't see him as a SS in the future. They feel like he is going to out grow the position and is better suited for 2nd or 3rd. They believe he could be ready as soon as next yr. They believe he is Jeter like and makes plays that positively affect the game on both sides of the ball. Got another Bregman comp, they believe he is going to be a Judge like impact player.

They are looking at Peraza being the SS of the future and believe he isn't that far away either. They really like Seager but are concerned about his injury history

The pitching situation is very interesting. They love Robbie Ray, like they always have, and could try very hard to get him this winter. Sevy is going to get every shot to start again next yr. If they do get Ray that would give them a 1-2-3-4 of Cole, Ray, Sevy and Monty.

If they sign or trade for a pitcher, expect to hear some trade talk about Taillon and German. They really like the group of pitchers they have in AA and AAA but aren't sure any are going to be 100% ready to take a rotation spot next spring

As always take it for whatever it's worth
    Last edited by dayners81; 09-23-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Awesome stuff. Thanks Day.

What about Rizzo don't they like? My only guess would be not enough in the power column?

Here's what I don't get. If you want to spend a ton of money on Freeman, ok. But you also have Gallo. Why not move Gallo to first? Hicks in CF and Allen in LF? Is it my ideal? No. But it would save money for SP.

GIo is the big question mark. I think he is the starting SS next year but if Peraza takes the job in ST, do you move Gio or is he another utility guy?
    If Gio has a good stretch for the next 9 games, hopefully 21+ games, I think you move him. Your worst case is wade/velasquez to start the year.

The Hicks love is maddening. I know he's a good player but now at 32 (in a week or so) and coming off that type pf injury, he's risky as hell. I also think both Flo and Allen are better in CF by quite a bit.

I suspect, Voit, Andujar, Gio will all be gone. Gary is a wildcard. He's 29 in December so he's certainly got at least 3-4 years playing at his prime (not saying good or bad, just this is this prime)
    behind the plate and one year of arbitration left. If there were a guy in the farm ready to step in, I think it's a no brainer to move him for what would likely be a decent but not great, haul. But there isn't a guy ready and I like Higgy but don't think he's an every day guy, so my guess is Gary is a yankee.

I was hoping for big changes. It doesn't look like that's the case. We will be force fed Anals for another year.

Ignorance is bliss

My trade would be to send Oakland Voit, Gil, Andujar and a wildcard pitcher for Olsen. My ideal trade would include a swap of Boone for Melvin.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    My trade would be to send Oakland Voit, Gil, Andujar and a wildcard pitcher for Olsen. My ideal trade would include a swap of Boone for Melvin.

You would trade Gil? I couldn't to that. I would love Olson but Gil has the potential to be a legit TORP guy, so I wouldn't do that. Some combo of 4 or 5 of, Schmidt, Gio, Flo, Andujar, Gomez and Sweeney? 3 top 10 Specs and 2 MLB ready players for him? Add German?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

You would trade Gil? I couldn't to that. I would love Olson but Gil has the potential to be a legit TORP guy, so I wouldn't do that. Some combo of 4 or 5 of, Schmidt, Gio, Flo, Andujar, Gomez and Sweeney? 3 top 10 Specs and 2 MLB ready players for him? Add German?
    I meant to say GIO, not Gil. I was going to mention a picture and specifically rule out GIl and a couple of others, but instead said wildcard pitcher. I must be getting old. My brain is thinking one thing and I am typing something else. LOL.

To reiterate, the trade was Voit GIO Urshella and Andujar and a wildcard.