Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I've never been to concerned he would get the velo back, even if he loses a couple ticks he'll still be in the upper 90's.

I'm with you, i'm far more concerned with the SL, CU and command.

his CU has always been his 3rd best pitch, it will be interesting to see if Blake helped him improve that pitch as much as he has for Cole and others. If Sevy could come back with a wicked CU, that he can be more consistent with, he could be even better. It would be nice to see but I'm certainly not counting on it.

Kinda interesting that they had Dominguez facing Sevy.. to me atleast that says alot about how they feel about Dominguez.
    For sure. It’s a great test for Dominguez
    It’s also a great tool for evaluating him

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    The yankees got the J&J. Maybe this is the reason why the infection rate is so high. I'm curious which vaccine every other major league team took. Curious that Gleyber had covid before and got it again, even after vaccination. Whtatever antibodies and tcells his first infection created should have been boosted by the shot he took.
    I read some where MLB decided on J&J (Janssen) for the entire league. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I read some where MLB decided on J&J (Janssen) for the entire league. I could be wrong.
    Leave it to that moron manfred to choose the one vaccine that is only 60% effective

4. 05-14-2021, 09:31 AM
    Reason
    wrong thread

The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was 72% effective against Covid-19 among US trial participants and 85% effective against severe Covid-19. Pfizer and Moderna are 95% effective against severe Covid.

Worth noting, the J&J vaccine was tested with in large and diverse populations of patients. Nearly 44,000 people in South Africa, certain countries in South America, Mexico and the U.S. took part in the J&J testing. In South Africa and South America J&J was tested against some variants thus influencing the outcomes.

While J&J’s vaccine has 66.3% effectiveness overall and 74.4% effectiveness in the United States, it has “100% efficacy against hospitalization and death from the virus,” said Dr. Irons. “That's really what we have to focus on.”

She noted that White House Chief Medical Adviser Anthony Fauci, MD, among other top experts, are “saying is that it’s really important to focus on the severe end of the spectrum, preventing hospitalization and death.”

“No hospitalizations occurred in the vaccine group 28 days or more after vaccination as compared to 16 in the placebo group,” said Dr. Fryhofer. “There were also no COVID-associated deaths among those who were vaccinated. That’s pretty powerful.”

Variants were spreading during testing
    “When it came time for the Janssen vaccine trial, the background COVID incidence was higher,” said Dr. Fryhofer. “There were more variants circulating, including the variants of concern that can increase transmissibility and disease severity.”

“When the Janssen vaccine was tested, it was at the height of the pandemic,” she said. “The variants of concern were out there, so the test for the Janssen vaccine was harder—you can’t compare them.”

“If you look at the Janssen vaccine, the efficacy did vary across geographic regions,” said Dr. Fryhofer. “In the United States, it was 74.4% effective. In South Africa, it was only 52% effective and that’s where that variant B.1.351 was dominant.”

Adenovirus vector vaccines aren’t new
    “Janssen’s phase three clinical trial included more than 40,000 participants. In addition, Janssen’s viral vector platform is supported by an even larger body of evidence, including an Ebola vaccine that's already been tested in pregnant women and children and approved in Europe,” said Dr. Fryhofer. “More than 193,000 people—including patients of different ages and conditions—have been vaccinated with various investigational vaccines using this adenovirus platform.”

Since the J&J vaccine doesn’t require colder temperatures for storage as the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines do, “it’s more mobile, so it’s perfect for people who are homebound, that can’t—or won’t—go to a second appointment,” said Dr. Fryhofer. “It’s also good for people who move around a lot.”

Tested in large, diverse groups
    As with the Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine trials, the J&J vaccine was tested with in large and diverse populations of patients. Nearly 44,000 people in South Africa, certain countries in South America, Mexico and the U.S. took part in the J&J testing.

“These vaccine manufacturers, when they’ve recruited participants, they’re thinking about diversity,” said Dr. Fryhofer. “They’re including people with different ethnicities and different geographies. They also include both older and younger people as well as those with underlying medical conditions.”

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-...ohnson-vaccine
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-14-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Mike Ford is 1-for-his-last-26 and 4-for-42 this season

It's really a shame that Voit was worn out after playing two games and we had to play Ford against the LHP. Ridiculous.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Something has to be done about the offense. I know it's widespread around the majors but the lack of SLG (or power) by some hitters is concerning to say the least. The least they could do is to change their style or at least try.

You can't have hitters like Frazier, Hicks, Ford and Gardner all look to hit a bomb. You already have Stanton, Judge, Sanchez and Gleyber who do that.

I'm not worried about DJ LeMahieu though, slow start from his part (especially the SLG) but he should bounce back.

Just too many holes in the lineup, and it's been like this for 5 years (2017 was the exception): Either feast or famine by some players.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Something has to be done about the offense. I know it's widespread around the majors but the lack of SLG (or power) by some hitters is concerning to say the least. The least they could do is to change their style or at least try.

You can't have hitters like Frazier, Hicks, Ford and Gardner all look to hit a bomb. You already have Stanton, Judge, Sanchez and Gleyber who do that.

I'm not worried about DJ LeMahieu though, slow start from his part (especially the SLG) but he should bounce back.

Just too many holes in the lineup, and it's been like this for 5 years (2017 was the exception): Either feast or famine by some players.
    When it comes to hicks , Ford and Gardner , what we are currently seeing from them is not totally unexpected . Gardner is almost 40 , Ford stinks , and hicks is an injury prone outfielder with a life time batting average of about .230 . So I am not sure why people are so shocked that those three are doing so badly
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-14-2021 at 11:11 AM.

LAUNCH ANGLE!!
    EXIT VELOCITY!!!

That's what the people want!
    Fundamentals? Screw that.

Yep. It's funny to watch guys swinging out of their collective shoes on every pitch

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    When it comes to hicks , Ford and Gardner , what we are currently seeing from them is not totally unexpected . Gardner is almost 40 , Ford stinks , and hicks is an injury prone outfielder with a life time batting average of about .230 . So I am not sure why people are so shocked that those three are doing so badly
    Well all 4 have been struggling where they usually excel.

- Ford had the OBP and power, he is not producing that anymore.
    - Gardner used to provide a good AB and battling pitches and he is not anymore (and yes he is old....shows leadership can only take it that far).
    - Frazier had a good SLG when he played, shows being a starter is not as easy as being a role/bench player.
    - Hicks was a walking OBP machine and now he doesn't provide that anymore (decent OBP now but far from the .380+ OBP we are used to see from him)

At this point with both Severino (who should replace Taillon) and Britton coming back soon the offense is the only major concern with the Yankees. Not even the bench is good anymore.

The Yankees need a bat or 2 this trade deadline.

Well all 4 have been struggling where they usually excel.

- Ford had the OBP and power, he is not.
    - Gardner used to prive a good AB and battling pitches and he is not anymore (and yes he is old....shows leadership can only take it that far).
    - Frazier had a good SLG when he played, shows being a starter is not as easy as being a role/bench player.
    - Hicks was a walking OBP machine and now he doesn't provide that anymore (decent OBP now but far from the .380+ OBP we are used to see from him)

At this point with both Severino (who should replace Taillon) and Britton coming back soon the offense is the only major concern with the Yankees. Not even the bench is good anymore.

The Yankees need a bat or 2 this trade deadline.
    Well again hicks , Gardner and Ford struggling doesn’t totally surprise me . I am only shocked by how Frazier is struggling so badly . I really expected good things from him

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Frazier, Gardner, Andujar, Higgy and Wade combined this season:

.164/.277/.310, 72 wRC+

INWYW

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Andddd

Stanton with left quad tightness. Not in line up

I can't with this team and the injuries after injuries.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Andddd

Stanton with left quad tightness. Not in line up

I can't with this team and the injuries after injuries.

I love Boone. Hicks could be fine with Advil or he will need surgery. Lmao. Really? That's it. Those are the options? Advil or surgery?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I love Boone. Hicks could be fine with Advil or he will need surgery. Lmao. Really? That's it. Those are the options? Advil or surgery?
    Mark Teixeira was asked about Hicks: "I've torn the sheath in both wrists," he said."April 2009 & all I needed was a cortisone shot & a few days off. 2013 I needed surgery because of the nature of the tear. These things are tricky; he could be fine in a few weeks or out for the season"

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Mark Teixeira was asked about Hicks: "I've torn the sheath in both wrists," he said."April 2009 & all I needed was a cortisone shot & a few days off. 2013 I needed surgery because of the nature of the tear. These things are tricky; he could be fine in a few weeks or out for the season"

Oh boy.

Wont
    See
    Him
    No
    More

Ignorance is bliss

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast