Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    And why would we want to get rid of Andujar?
    Because he serves no purpose. His offense right now isn't better than Fraziers despite having a higher BA and his atrocious defense in LF is defnitely not made up by it.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Looks like we traded Mike Ford to the Rays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ford was traded by the New York Yankees to the Tampa Bay Rays on Thursday for $100,000 and a player to be named.

Ford was designated for assignment Saturday when reliever Zack Britton was activated from the injured list.

The money in the trade is payable July 1.

Ford, who turns 29 on July 4, had a strong rookie season with the Yankees in 2019, hitting .259 with 12 homers and 25 RBI in 143 at-bats over 50 games.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    For some reason the Yankees news thread comes and goes. Sometimes I can see it, other times I can't.

This should go there but since I can't see it..

SWB also announces that Kyle Barraclough has been released from his contract with the Yankees and Ryan LaMarre has been added to their roster.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    And some like you don't think enough. LOL.

Is that right? Care to enlighten me how I'm not thinking enough? I'd really like to hear this but I suspect there won't be a response coming.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Because he serves no purpose. His offense right now isn't better than Fraziers despite having a higher BA and his atrocious defense in LF is defnitely not made up by it.

Andujar serves no purpose? Let me get this straight. Anduar has a higher BA, slg % and ops, but his offense isn't better than Frazier? You mean the Frazier that's batting .186 and has lost his staring job? That Frazier? And his defense has not been atrocious. He's learning the position and has done an adequate job, with a great arm I might add.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Andujar serves no purpose? Let me get this straight. Anduar has a higher BA, slg % and ops, but his offense isn't better than Frazier? You mean the Frazier that's batting .186 and has lost his staring job? That Frazier? And his defense has not been atrocious. He's learning the position and has done an adequate job, with a great arm I might add.
    agreed

Um..Andujar currently has a wRC+ of 79. Frazier has a wRC+ of 80. So tell me, who is better offensively? Even if you go by OPS it's a 5 point difference in Andujar's favor. Are we still talking about batting average as a sign of productivity in 2021?

Um..Andujar currently has a wRC+ of 79. Frazier has a wRC+ of 80. So tell me, who is better offensively? Even if you go by OPS it's a 5 point difference in Andujar's favor. Are we still talking about batting average as a sign of productivity in 2021?

Look genius, Frazier didn't lose his starting job because he's better. Not rocket science.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Look genius, Frazier didn't lose his starting job because he's better. Not rocket science.
    Better how? Maybe you have statistics that show this no one else has, so post them.

Yankees PR Dept.
    @YankeesPR
    Following today’s game, the
    @Yankees
    optioned INF Chris Gittens to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

It was fun while it lasted...Gonna be great to get Voit back though. I wonder where they are going to hit him in the order? 6th? behind Gio and in front of Torres?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Yankees PR Dept.
    @YankeesPR
    Following today’s game, the
    @Yankees
    optioned INF Chris Gittens to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

It was fun while it lasted...Gonna be great to get Voit back though. I wonder where they are going to hit him in the order? 6th? behind Gio and in front of Torres?
    I wonder if they will make him earn his way back up the order? Bat him 8th.

Imagine the pitcher? You get to the 8 spot and it's Voit?

Ignorance is bliss

Better how? Maybe you have statistics that show this no one else has, so post them.

I already told you. Higher BA, higher OBP, higher slg %. That can be found in numerous places. You can deny them all you want. It doesn't change the numbers. AGAIN...do you think Frazier lost his starting job because he's better? That's a YES or a No.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

I already told you. Higher BA, higher OBP, higher slg %. That can be found in numerous places. You can deny them all you want. It doesn't change the numbers. AGAIN...do you think Frazier lost his starting job because he's better? That's a YES or a No.
    So i'm guessing you don't believe in OPS and wRC+ where they're identical, ok I think Andujar had a hot streak that was worth exploring so Frazier had to sit, but now that that hot streak is over and Andujar is no longer hitting how is he any different than Frazier offensively?

So i'm guessing you don't believe in OPS and wRC+ where they're identical, ok I think Andujar had a hot streak that was worth exploring so Frazier had to sit, but now that that hot streak is over and Andujar is no longer hitting how is he any different than Frazier offensively?

Thanks for not answering the question, though I expected as much
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Thanks for not answering the question, though I expected as much
    It's really odd that you don't know anything about how modern day statistics are compiled.

Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast