Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 104
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    23,472
    I honestly can't believe the jazz won this. of course I didn't realize Bojan would turn into MJ for a game. holding onto the #1 seed till at least tomorrow.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,869
    imagine being the mvp and being the 4th seed and quite possibly the 7th best record in basketball by the season ends... joel and his starters when healthy.... 23-4... Joel never gets injured and curry never gets covid sixers never get covid and ben never has to deal with his sister being well yea... not gonna say it.. we looking at a 60 win team. Good try though.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,167
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    imagine being the mvp and being the 4th seed and quite possibly the 7th best record in basketball by the season ends... joel and his starters when healthy.... 23-4... Joel never gets injured and curry never gets covid sixers never get covid and ben never has to deal with his sister being well yea... not gonna say it.. we looking at a 60 win team. Good try though.
    In 2017 Westbrook was the 6th seed and 11th best record in the league. It isn't that far fetched.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,974
    If, IF, Jokic does not win it's going to be for the combination of these three reasons:
    #1 - MPJ is my MIP, and winning shows despite the player losses there was another damn good player with him.
    #2 - Defensively not being on the same level as Embiid, and save that "he's good" stuff, he's not the anchor of a defense like Embiid is.
    #3 - Voters lean to the team that's the higher seed that wasn't expected to finish there over the team that was expected to be higher that didn't finish there. Remember a lot of places picked Denver to be a top 2 team in the West, and the Sixers to finish 3rd in their division.

    Is any of that to say Jokic didn't have a good season? Absolutely not. But, like I said, if he doesn't win, don't be shocked if that's the reasoning we hear.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,794
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    If, IF, Jokic does not win it's going to be for the combination of these three reasons:
    #1 - MPJ is my MIP, and winning shows despite the player losses there was another damn good player with him.
    #2 - Defensively not being on the same level as Embiid, and save that "he's good" stuff, he's not the anchor of a defense like Embiid is.
    #3 - Voters lean to the team that's the higher seed that wasn't expected to finish there over the team that was expected to be higher that didn't finish there. Remember a lot of places picked Denver to be a top 2 team in the West, and the Sixers to finish 3rd in their division.

    Is any of that to say Jokic didn't have a good season? Absolutely not. But, like I said, if he doesn't win, don't be shocked if that's the reasoning we hear.
    Valid point. Joker deserves to win the MVP this year. We will see

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Valid point. Joker deserves to win the MVP this year. We will see
    Joel will finish 2nd in MVP voting and Ben will finish 2nd in DPOY voting. All in all, not too bad.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,794
    Celtics and Lakers inch closer to play in game. That sound so crazy for two historic franchise. What an odd year this is.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,794
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Joel will finish 2nd in MVP voting and Ben will finish 2nd in DPOY voting. All in all, not too bad.
    I can see that. All that matter is hoisting that Finals trophy

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I can see that. All that matter is hoisting that Finals trophy
    Time will tell!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,794
    Ben Simmons and Seth Curry OUT for Philly. Maxey and Thybulle will start versus the Pistons.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,974
    Rumor has it the Michigan AG is bringing charges on Thybulle for theft.

    I canít believe there were Sixers fans that thought he would be nothing more than salary matching in a trade.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,167
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Rumor has it the Michigan AG is bringing charges on Thybulle for theft.

    I canít believe there were Sixers fans that thought he would be nothing more than salary matching in a trade.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    5 steals is nice! D12 having himself a night.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,869
    just another incredible performance from the mvp in joel embiid... 29/6 in 22 minutes and yet again similar to the last 7 games he cant pad his stats and go for 40 plus because we are beating the breaks off the other team.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,869
    if we lose this post season and trade ben its going to be so nice having a pg like maxey... i def wouldnt trade maxey or thyb anymore but my god their stock is going through the roof. I will never understand the rockets owner of choosing the package he did over simmons/thyb

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    58,049
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    if we lose this post season and trade ben its going to be so nice having a pg like maxey... i def wouldnt trade maxey or thyb anymore but my god their stock is going through the roof. I will never understand the rockets owner of choosing the package he did over simmons/thyb
    Hot take but maybe if they trade Ben they should replace him with a PG that can shoot


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •