Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    LOL. I just jinxed Lux. Go-ahead homer.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Geez guys, I'm reading through these posts and there really isn't a need to panic. We've had some bad luck and have a ton of injuries. It will be fine. We'll get back on a roll soon.

I agree. Its the second week of may. No need to panic, especially with all our injuries and people coming back in the next few weeks. This team will gel soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Position players who are not injured haven't been producing at the plate. You can't blame injuries for that. Bellinger is the only everyday player that is injured. The rest of the guys are talented enough to pick up the slack.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Position players who are not injured haven't been producing at the plate. You can't blame injuries for that. Bellinger is the only everyday player that is injured. The rest of the guys are talented enough to pick up the slack.
    McKinstry was our best hitter when he went down...Taylor and Betts have missed games because of injuries this year and may still be dealing with timing issues from that. I think the guy that needs to get going the most, outside of Betts, is Seager.

We can actually blame that on injuries, because a big part of the quality of pitches guys get has to do with the protection in the lineup. The less protection in the lineup, the less quality pitches our best players will get. At this point in the season though, it's waaaay too early to really say much about how guys are producing. A guy will get hot and go from .220 to .350 pretty quickly. A guy can go cold and go from .350 to .220 really quickly.

We could be 15 games under .500 and I wouldn't be concerned (even if we were fully healthy) because of how early in the season it is and how teams don't really get going until around July or so, but also because this is a historically great team and probably the best dodger team of the past 30-plus years. The only thing that will stop this team from going down as one of the greatest dodger teams is injuries.

Soooo... Im actually surprised at how little activity there was in here during the skid. Usually thats the busiest time in this forum so Im pleasantly surprised at the patience people have been showing considering how awful the slide has been... or maybe its because no one comes in here anymore (I wonder where all the people that said wed never win a WS with Roberts or this FO disappeared to?).

Still, to add to the point above, allow me to channel Aaron Rodgers; R - E - L - A - X.

We all know this is the best team in baseball when healthy and right. Hell, everyone in and around baseball knows it. Sometimes the planets align in such a funky *** way that everyone on the team goes into a funk at the same time - **** happens, we will come out of it if we havent already.

Sucks that May-day is done-zo. He was killing it. We all knew he was a health risk though. He is a lanky *** dude and is very efficient at using every bit of leverage he can muster through the kinetic chain to create the leverage necessary to put that much whip on his shoulder. It looks effortless, and it is, but by the time all that ground up leverage is transferred to his throwing arm after he floats it up, there is an insane amount of torque there. Maybe adding some bodyweight, especially muscle in his lower half, would help him to stay equally effective, but healthier.

(Before anyone references Randy Johnson, that dude was 610 and had a much wider frame; his length alone helped him generate tons of effortless leverage.)

Seager has been a bit disappointing me this year so far and its not a matter of the results, its a matter of the approach. So much with Seager seems similar except that hes taking more pitches this year and I dont understand why. Last year, 23.2% of his at-bats ended in a walk or strike out. That number is up to 29.2% this year which is also above his career average. Coreys always been best as an aggressive hitter ala Nomar Garciaparra. Though his hard hit rates and BABIP are similar this year, his medium contact has taken a hit in favor of soft contact and his slugging seems to be suffering for it.

I havent been able to watch many games this year, but all of this seems to indicate that his new found patience is landing him in counts hes not accustomed to and hes getting less opportunity to drive his pitch as a result. It could also be that hes lacking protection because of a flailing lineup and pitchers are giving him less to hit, but that seems a weak excuse for one of the best hitters in the league. Hes batting second; not only should he be more aggressive, hes got as much protection as anyone.

Also excited that Lux and Muncy seem to be finding it.

Whos been the MVP so far? CT3 has probably been the most consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    We can actually blame that on injuries, because a big part of the quality of pitches guys get has to do with the protection in the lineup. The less protection in the lineup, the less quality pitches our best players will get. At this point in the season though, it's waaaay too early to really say much about how guys are producing. A guy will get hot and go from .220 to .350 pretty quickly. A guy can go cold and go from .350 to .220 really quickly.

We could be 15 games under .500 and I wouldn't be concerned (even if we were fully healthy) because of how early in the season it is and how teams don't really get going until around July or so, but also because this is a historically great team and probably the best dodger team of the past 30-plus years. The only thing that will stop this team from going down as one of the greatest dodger teams is injuries.

A 6-15 skid is nothing to disregard, no matter what time of the season. Nearly a quarter of the season has been completed already. That's a significant chunk. If it weren't for the 13-2 start, we'd be in deep **** right now. Simply said, the more games you win early, the fewer games you need to win later in the season. All games are created equal, whether it's in April or September.

Future Hall of Shamers:

A 6-15 skid is nothing to disregard, no matter what time of the season. Nearly a quarter of the season has been completed already. That's a significant chunk. If it weren't for the 13-2 start, we'd be in deep **** right now. Simply said, the more games you win early, the fewer games you need to win later in the season. All games are created equal, whether it's in April or September.
    The latter part is true, but we wouldn't be in trouble at all regardless of what our record was at this point. It's common and expected for teams to be many games under .500 going into July and end up running away with the division by the end of August. It's super common. 2017 is a good example, but it happens multiple times throughout the season (look at how the A's started this year). We also could've very easily ended up 15-6 during that stretch if not for some great defensive plays by opposing teams and some bad luck (that's even ignoring all of the injuries). In baseball, you're usually in solid shape being at around .500 going into September. Definitely no reason to be concerned, especially at this point. In august, it's at least reasonable to start being slightly concerned, but definitely not in May.

The latter part is true, but we wouldn't be in trouble at all regardless of what our record was at this point. It's common and expected for teams to be many games under .500 going into July and end up running away with the division by the end of August. It's super common. 2017 is a good example, but it happens multiple times throughout the season (look at how the A's started this year). We also could've very easily ended up 15-6 during that stretch if not for some great defensive plays by opposing teams and some bad luck (that's even ignoring all of the injuries). In baseball, you're usually in solid shape being at around .500 going into September. Definitely no reason to be concerned, especially at this point. In august, it's at least reasonable to start being slightly concerned, but definitely not in May.
    I'm concerned that you are not concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I'm concerned that you are not concerned.

Hopefully Seager is okay. Injuries have been brutal so far

Hopefully Seager is okay. Injuries have been brutal so far
    Fractured hand. Probably out 2-3 months considering he throws right handed. There goes his hopes of getting a 300+ million contract.

Win four in a row, the offense looking better, and then Seager breaks his hand...brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Win four in a row, the offense looking better, and then Seager breaks his hand...brutal.

Ugh, this is all Dave Robot and Ahole Friedman.

I mean, Dave knows you can get hit by a pitch when youre at-bat and he still put him in the lineup! Whats up wit that?!

And of course Friedman goes ahead and puts him on the DL! Let him play through it! Now weve gotta use all this stupid depth weve accumulated? Ugh!
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast