Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

May 2021 Game Thread

New month, new thread. Letís see if the team can turn a page as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keibert Ruiz called up today.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Keibert Ruiz called up today.

1 swing and he is 10000x better than Barnes. Ruiz will be a pure hitter with average to slightly below average defensively. I can easily see him hitting 20+ bombs if he starts full time. Honestly Kershaw and Buehler need to grow up and let Smith/Ruiz catch them. Barnes need to be DFA and he can take Rios with him. Edwin has been a disappointment. I expected him to take Joc's spot and hit bombs for us but he can barely put the ball in play.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    1 swing and he is 10000x better than Barnes. Ruiz will be a pure hitter with average to slightly below average defensively. I can easily see him hitting 20+ bombs if he starts full time. Honestly Kershaw and Buehler need to grow up and let Smith/Ruiz catch them. Barnes need to be DFA and he can take Rios with him. Edwin has been a disappointment. I expected him to take Joc's spot and hit bombs for us but he can barely put the ball in play.
    I agree with all this.

This teams has the look of a bunch that needs something to shake them up. A firing, a trade, a call up...something.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    This teams has the look of a bunch that needs something to shake them up. A firing, a trade, a call up...something.

I have a feeling they are having clubhouse issues that may be related to the vaccine. Since if you get 85% of tier 1 staff/players you have more leniency about not wearing mask, gatherings etc etc. I'm sure some guys are for and against it and that is creating issues. It understandable if 1-2 guys go cold offensively but when the whole team is sucking something has to be up.

Another L. Offense can't score to save their lives. Meanwhile the Giants are putting up 10+ runs with no star players in 1 game. Something is going on with the team. No way the entire offense can suck this badly. 2-3 guys in a slump is understandable but the entire offense????????? Seager will be lucky to get a 100 million contract the way he is playing. Betts is sort of waking up but that is what separates Trout from everyone else. Trout doesn't go on big slumps like the rest of them. Maybe when we start playing the Pirates, Rockies the O will wake up.

**** 7-inning doubleheaders and **** the extra-inning baserunner rule.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Another L. Offense can't score to save their lives. Meanwhile the Giants are putting up 10+ runs with no star players in 1 game. Something is going on with the team. No way the entire offense can suck this badly. 2-3 guys in a slump is understandable but the entire offense????????? Seager will be lucky to get a 100 million contract the way he is playing. Betts is sort of waking up but that is what separates Trout from everyone else. Trout doesn't go on big slumps like the rest of them. Maybe when we start playing the Pirates, Rockies the O will wake up.
    Bipolar all-or-nothing lineup. But unfortunately, nothing seems to be more common.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    **** 7-inning doubleheaders and **** the extra-inning baserunner rule.
    I donít mind the the extra inning rule but the 7inning doubleheaderís is just dumb.

We are 4-12 since starting the season 13-2.

It sounds awfully familiar to how we began the 2005 season.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 05-05-2021 at 02:17 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Doc is back to his old stupid managing ways. He can't even manage a BP in a 7 inning game. This idiot brings guys that can go 3+ innings into games where they need to get 1-2 outs and then takes them out. Then we are left with the trash Cleavinger trying to save games when he has no business pitching in close games. Jansen is done. Whole BP sucks, entire offense sucks. This team needs to wake the **** up or we are going to be like the RedSox from few years ago that were like 24 games back. Maybe when Belli returns it will ignite the engine again but this team is garbage right now.

Doc is back to his old stupid managing ways. He can't even manage a BP in a 7 inning game. This idiot brings guys that can go 3+ innings into games where they need to get 1-2 outs and then takes them out. Then we are left with the trash Cleavinger trying to save games when he has no business pitching in close games. Jansen is done. Whole BP sucks, entire offense sucks. This team needs to wake the **** up or we are going to be like the RedSox from few years ago that were like 24 games back. Maybe when Belli returns it will ignite the engine again but this team is garbage right now.
    We'll be fine, we're just in a slump. Almost all of these games have been 1 run games that could've really easily gone our way. Usually it's taken the other team making some awesome defensive plays on super hard hit balls to save the game for them and then we've had unforced blunders on defense. We'll come out of it and when we do we'll likely go on a massive winning streak. It'll just be frustrating until that happens. There's some sings though. Muncy staring to hit, same with Lux last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    We'll be fine, we're just in a slump. Almost all of these games have been 1 run games that could've really easily gone our way. Usually it's taken the other team making some awesome defensive plays on super hard hit balls to save the game for them and then we've had unforced blunders on defense. We'll come out of it and when we do we'll likely go on a massive winning streak. It'll just be frustrating until that happens. There's some sings though. Muncy staring to hit, same with Lux last night.
    Agree completely. As bad as this stretch has been, we're still at or near the top of the division, and are one series away from taking over the lead. I would say we are pretty fortunate in that regard. There is no way that the entire team just suddenly forgot how to win games...we'll come out of this on the other side like a juggernaut, and will mow through series after series like we are used to seeing, and I am looking forward to that.

I can't get the little guy from the Natural out of my head: "Losing is a disease..."

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    Agree completely. As bad as this stretch has been, we're still at or near the top of the division, and are one series away from taking over the lead. I would say we are pretty fortunate in that regard. There is no way that the entire team just suddenly forgot how to win games...we'll come out of this on the other side like a juggernaut, and will mow through series after series like we are used to seeing, and I am looking forward to that.

I can't get the little guy from the Natural out of my head: "Losing is a disease..."
    Yep, for sure! Hopefully we come out of it this weekend!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast