Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    With the Sox working Burger at 2B, wouldnít it have been easier to let him play 3r and let a more natural 2B Iím Yo-yo play 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    With the Sox working Burger at 2B, wouldnít it have been easier to let him play 3r and let a more natural 2B Iím Yo-yo play 2nd?
    Then you're playing 2 players out of position rather than 1 (even though Yoan has plenty of experience at 2nd)

This way the entire infield can keep its chemistry and just have to adjust to Burger at 2nd

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Then you're playing 2 players out of position rather than 1 (even though Yoan has plenty of experience at 2nd)

This way the entire infield can keep its chemistry and just have to adjust to Burger at 2nd

Burgers a 3B so how is he played out of position? Yoan came up as a 2B, so he can easily play that position.

I get what youíre saying about cohesiveness with the guys that are here though.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I get what youíre saying about cohesiveness with the guys that are here though.
    I do agree that it makes sense but this has to be the main reason, since as you pointed out Burger and Moncada each have experience at 3B and 2B respectively

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I do agree that it makes sense but this has to be the main reason, since as you pointed out Burger and Moncada each have experience at 3B and 2B respectively

Would we really say Burger has experience at 2b? How much do you have to play to say you have experience at it more than the technical term of, I played there for a game or two?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

I think there's a large gap defensively between Yoan and Burger. Yoan does not need to be moving positions, he's one of the premier guys at 3b in the league. Either Burger comes in ready to play 2b, or we roll with Mendick/Leury, or trade route.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I think there's a large gap defensively between Yoan and Burger. Yoan does not need to be moving positions, he's one of the premier guys at 3b in the league. Either Burger comes in ready to play 2b, or we roll with Mendick/Leury, or trade route.
    I agree. Keeping Moncada at 3B is more about not messing with a good thing. Moncada prefers 3B over 2B and when he did play 2B, he struggled both in the field and at the plate. Why risk it? If the leaner version of Burger canít adjust to 2B, you either roll with Mendick/Garcia or look at trade help.

I think itís gotta be a trade to be honest. Just not someone that breaks the bank unless we trust them as our RF after this season. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Now is a good time to throw in an offer for Frazier. Heís slumping so we can play our cards. I canít see him costing top young specs. Give them Sheets and Lambert and call it a day

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I agree with this. The only way Moncada should be moved to 2b would be for him to tell TLR that is what he wants for the good of the team.

I was hoping that Lopez would have some value as a reclamation project based on his arm alone.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I agree with this. The only way Moncada should be moved to 2b would be for him to tell TLR that is what he wants for the good of the team.
    Or, if there was a GameChanger brought in at 3B, but I donít see that happening.

Will be interesting to see what Cespedes does in the minors, now that he has been activated. Hitless in first 2 games, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Or, if there was a GameChanger brought in at 3B, but I donít see that happening.
    Yes someone better than Yoan like just names, Arenado, Moncada gets moved without him asking.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Would we really say Burger has experience at 2b? How much do you have to play to say you have experience at it more than the technical term of, I played there for a game or two?
    I was intending to refer to Burger having experience at 3B and Moncada at 2B so I think we're on the same page

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast