Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

1 33.33%
  • Split

2 66.67%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If there is a silver lining, at least both of the major injuries happened early. This gives us time to see a) how quickly their recoveries are coming along, and b) how the team is doing without them, and then weíll have a little more clarity on the situation by the trade deadline, as opposed to having to make a rash, panic type move if the injuries had happened in July.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    This is straight BS. We are 1 game out if 1st in the central and 1.5 out of 1st in the AL and MLB lol. We also won 7 of our last 10.

I knew Chicago fans and media were annoying AF, but the panic after every loss is hilarious.

Next thing youíll see is TLR being at fault for Eloy and Robert getting hurt.
    The story about TLR is not coming from Chicago media.

It's coming from Jeff Passan at ESPN. So someone is leaking him info about TLR.

Famous anonymous sources? Passan was the same guy who cried about the TLR hiring in the first place. Let me know when someone is on the record on not some coward leaking to the media. Besides, maybe some fingers should be pointed inside the clubhouse at the way some players are performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Famous anonymous sources? Passan was the same guy who cried about the TLR hiring in the first place. Let me know when someone is on the record on not some coward leaking to the media. Besides, maybe some fingers should be pointed inside the clubhouse at the way some players are performing.
    It's always going to be anonymous. How do you think these guys get their sources? By keeping it that way so players can vent when necessary.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

TLR haters are going to buy the story, TLR lovers are not, and the rest of us are going to await more evidence before snapping to judgement.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    TLR haters are going to buy the story, TLR lovers are not, and the rest of us are going to await more evidence before snapping to judgement.
    Yeah. That's where I'm at. We're a game out of 1st place with the 3rd best run differential in the league, but people still want to piss and moan. TLR is not going to get fired.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    If there is a player complaining about our start, that player is probably the type that doesn't look in the mirror and take responsibility. Sure La Russa has made some bad decisions this year. Every coach has made plenty of bad decisions. For the most part, I've seen him make the right moves. A few times he made the right moves and the players let him down, and he took the blame. He doesn't look out of his element at all. He knows what he's doing. And it's not like he's been given an easy task either. Losing a top 4 hitter in your lineup right before the season starts will throw you off. Now being without 2 starting OFers and 1 more that was supposed to be part of a platoon at the other spot isn't an easy thing to deal with.

Hopefully that rain moves out of the Cincy area and we can play ball tonight.

If Cease ever finds his command, he's going to be an ace. Dudes stuff is special.

Like this driving in runs without depending on the long ball

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Cease 3 for 3 hitting

Kopech
    Cease
    Giolito
    Rodon
    Lynn

Keuchel out down the stretch?

Cease's stuff is insane if he can have some semblance of control he's special.

I know Gio is our ace I'm just considering the possibility of Cease coming into his own and Kopech's ceiling.

Rodon at 4 is crazy too because he has been an ace ...so far. It's hard to rank these guys going forward, things will change

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 05-04-2021 at 10:13 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Nice to see Carson Fulmer found a stay in the big leagues home.

This is why Iíve been preaching patience with Cease. The talent is too real. You take every starting pitcher on our roster and no one, including Gio, has the elite stuff that he has. Iím not including Crochet in Kopech in that though. They arenít starters yet though.

He just needs to harness his craft and build up confidence.

TLR should of left Cease in to get a shutout chance.

But 11 Ks, 3 hits and 3 walks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast