Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

0 0%
  • Sox Win Series

2 66.67%
  • Sox Sweep

1 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chicago White Sox (16-13) @ Kansas City Royals (16-14) | 5/07 - 5/09

Chicago White Sox (16-13) @ Kansas City Royals (16-14)
    Kauffman Stadium - Kansas City, MO. | 5/07 - 5/09

Friday May 7, 2021 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Carlos Rodon, LHP (4-0, 0.72 ERA) vs. Brad Keller, RHP (2-3, 8.06 ERA)

White Sox: It's difficult to imagine a better April for Rodon. The Southpaw threw a no-hitter against the Indians, allowing seven hits over four starts and 25 innings overall. He struck out 36, including a career high 12 vs. Detroit.
    Royals: Keller ran into more bad luck in Sunday's game against the Twins, allowing seven runs two earned in a big third inning to be handed his third loss of the season. He made it through 4-1/3 innings with three strikeouts, but he's looking to bounce back with a quality start.

Saturday May 8, 2021 @ 6:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Lance Lynn, RHP (2-1, 1.82 ERA) vs. Daniel Lynch, LHP (0-0, 5.79 ERA)

White Sox: Lynn earned the victory in his return from the injured list, working five innings during his first start since April 15. Lynn allowed three runs and had a streak of 66 batters faced without a walk come to an end.
    Royals: Lynch will make his second career start, after his MLB debut on Monday against the Indians. The Royals' top pitching prospect was tagged for three runs on four hits and four walks in 4-2/3 innings with three strikeouts, but he flashed some elite stuff.

Sunday May 9, 2021 @ 1:10pm CT on NBCSN (HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!)
    Lucas Giolito, RHP (1-3, 4.99 ERA) vs. Mike Minor, LHP (2-1, 5.23 ERA)

White Sox: Giolito suffered a tough luck loss on Sunday. The right hander allowed two runs one earned over 5-1/3 innings against Cleveland, while striking out eight. He has a career record of 7-2 against the Royals.
    Royals: Minor relied heavily on his fastball on Tuesday against the Indians, breezing through five innings before loading the bases and giving away to the bullpen in the sixth for an eventual loss. The outing was encouraging for Minor, who has struggled to go deep in games.

The way the pitching is set up in this series, the Sox should sweep. Also the Royals have lost 5 in a row, but the Sox don't play very well in KC for some reason. But F it, I say they sweep!!! Let's go!

We could not have asked for better matchups on the mound. The fact that we miss Duffy is a blessing. Would love a sweep and it is certainly possible, but KC is a pretty good team and Iíd say 2 of 3 is more probable, especially with how our offense is looking right now.
    The Saturday game will be interesting, because so little is known of Lynch. Big time prospect, with good stuff, but this will be like his 2nd start.

Gotta get the first one tonight.
    Last edited by Sockeye; 05-07-2021 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    The way the pitching is set up in this series, the Sox should sweep. Also the Royals have lost 5 in a row, but the Sox don't play very well in KC for some reason. But F it, I say they sweep!!! Let's go!
    Keller gets blasted for sure.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Two lefties means we should light them up. However I agree, we struggle at odd times against KC. I went with 2 out of 3
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Rodon 6 ip , 8 k's 0 bb, 0 er

Holy ****

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Rodon 6 ip , 8 k's 0 bb, 0 er

Holy ****

Pretty crazy start! Glad he gave us a chance after we all deservedly **** on him last year!

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Pretty crazy start! Glad he gave us a chance after we all deservedly **** on him last year!
    I was so pissed when they brought him back lmao

Click here to register!

Our 1 thru 5, have completely flipped. Hope we can get a good start out of our #5 today. He does scare me lately, though.

Mendick is really helping out OF issues right now. Heís having a solid start at the plate this year. I like that Tony rides the hot hand like him. He did it with Yermin and let him earn his keep. I see Mendick playing consistently til thereís a falloff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Our 1 thru 5, have completely flipped. Hope we can get a good start out of our #5 today. He does scare me lately, though.
    I could be wrong, but I feel like Giolito seems to have an issue with slow starts. I think he'll get better as the season progresses.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I could be wrong, but I feel like Giolito seems to have an issue with slow starts. I think he'll get better as the season progresses.

Yeah Iím not worried with him. Heís not sharp yet, And heís still minimizing the damage aside from that 11:30 AM game. Heís too good to stay down much longer

Nice way to send a message after losing Robert. Kudos to TLR for putting Mendick in the lineup and moving Grandal up the order.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Nice way to send a message after losing Robert. Kudos to TLR for putting Mendick in the lineup and moving Grandal up the order.
    Thatís what Iíve liked about TLR. He experiments with lineups and when he finds a hot hand, he gives them the keys until they prove him wrong. The 1st experiment was Yermin and Collins, and when Yermin distanced himself he won the gig.

Theyíve been experimenting with OFs, and BHam showed that his bat was too weak to deserve a consistent starting spot, so he gave Mendick the opportunity, and he performed so he stuck with him b2b. Itíll be his spot to lose for the time being.

Against lefties, at least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast