Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rose will get paid:

Ian Begley
    @IanBegley
    ·
    56m
    “Whether he was the MVP of the league at 22 or 10 years later, he's the same guy. He's always been a team-first guy & winning’s always at the forefront.”

- Tom Thibodeau on Derrick Rose, who helped NYK win in MEM on 10-year anniversary of his MVP award:

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Rose will get paid:
    What about that suggests he will get paid? Didn’t he play vet min for Thibs in Minny?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    So tonight?

I really don't want Dallas to win, but damn it's Miami, that really stinks to be honest.

Of all the games Dallas is on TNT this one they took the nets vs Bucks which you could understand but this Heat/Mav game should be fun, I want to see what Butler does with Doncic.

Toronto losses to Clips tonight they are lottery bound imagine they get lucky with a top 2 pick?
    Definitely want Dallas to win. I also want Washington to stay motivated for that B2B vs Atlanta so hopefully their race stays tight.

I dont think Rose will get a big deal or will want to leave, I think we just need to offer a respectful deal. 2/18m is what I think would be fair, maybe a TO for 3rd year at $10m or so.

Updated,

Teams
    Knicks 37-28 Denver(W) Suns(F)
    Hawks 36-30 Suns (W) Pacers(T)
    Heat 35-30 Mav's(T) Minny(F)
    Celtics 34-31 Magic (W) Bulls(F)

Tonight I truly hate i have to root for the Mav's damn.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Definitely want Dallas to win. I also want Washington to stay motivated for that B2B vs Atlanta so hopefully their race stays tight.
    Wash is only 1.5 games from that 8th spot which means have two shots to win one, so that is huge for them to play hard.

I'm greedy lol, i'd love Knicks to keep winning and have Miami beat Dallas, but since we can't predict tomorrow, go Dallas Errrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I dont think Rose will get a big deal or will want to leave, I think we just need to offer a respectful deal. 2/18m is what I think would be fair, maybe a TO for 3rd year at $10m or so.
    So lets put our GM hats on for a second, his cap hold is 9.9mil yet you are okay with 2/18m? Why not just keep him on a 3/30 with a team option for year 3? Is that one mil doing anything im missing?

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Bertans after the slow start has been a big piece in WSH turning it around. IDK why people want to act like he's a bad player all of a sudden just because he got $16m. Players like him put a ton of pressure on defenses, like Novak used to do back in the day, and Novak was nowhere near as good as Bertans. he's been hitting almost 4 threes a game at over 45%. he's a big weapon.

Drob is much more mobile and more versatile than Bertans and just as good a shooter and slightly younger.
    It’s not that they are bad. That’s just a lot of money to give to players that are that one dimensional especially when trying to build out the rest of the roster. There’s a difference between Joe Harris and Robinson or Bertans. They shouldn’t be getting Joe Harris money.

Bertans is shooting 39.8% on 7.4 three point attempts per game.

Ball is shooting 37.3% on 8.2 attempts per game.

Bullock is shooting 41.2% on 5.9 attempts per game.

Yet you think one of these players is worth $16, the other $12-14, despite them clearly bringing more to the table, and I’m sure you wouldn’t want to bring Bullock back at $16 million per year who also brings more to the table.

So how is that a valuable deal to hand out?

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    It’s not that they are bad. That’s just a lot of money to give to players that are that one dimensional especially when trying to build out the rest of the roster. There’s a difference between Joe Harris and Robinson or Bertans. They shouldn’t be getting Joe Harris money.

Yet you think one of these players is worth $16, the other $12-14, despite them clearly bringing more to the table, and I’m sure you wouldn’t want to bring Bullock back at $16 million per year who also brings more to the table.

its not just that why pay for a one dimensional Bertans when you have Randle? Bertans plays PF, but then he'd go as high as 12-14 for a younger more talented, more athletic, defensive player who is not only shooting similar plays multi positions and is improving?

Listen i'm off th Bertan stuff that is a Wash decision moving forward, yes they are playing better but how far they going on Westbrook and Beal, we shall see.

I think there are better choices than Ball but it will cost to get them them and some are not here for the long rin.

We can speculate but i don't agree that you think Knicks won't keep this team in tact, I think at a min they keep Rose, Taj, Bully and I can see Burks here as well, we shall see the costs, Knicks will still have monies in FA so this is no out of the realm of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post

you're comparing two guys having career years with a guy having a down year though. None of them are worth $16m, but elite shooting is a coveted skill.

You're also not looking at their output, Bertans scored 15.4ppg in just 29mpg last year, that's what got him that contract. Bullock and Lonzo have never scored that much, even playing more MPG.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 05-04-2021 at 11:35 AM.

A few months ago if you told me we'd be playing a meaningful game and against Denver in Denver on the 3rd game of a west coast trip after a back to back couple of games and thought we could win this game i'd think you were crazy

but fast forward and this has the making of a great game and no one can rule the Knicks out and both teams are the hottest in the NBA right now

Newsday Sports
    @NewsdaySports
    ·
    35m
    Nikola Jokic is the NBA MVP favorite, but for your consideration: the Knicks' Julius Randle. https://nwsdy.li/3uvHEtC |
    @StevePopper

Pay the man lol

Ian Begley
    @IanBegley
    ·
    2h
    This resurgent Knicks season doesn’t happen without the Derrick Rose trade. New York is outscoring opponents by a wide margin with Rose on the court; The 32-year-old is hitting 40% of his threes with NYK & has been a mentor to the club’s young players:

Are you his agent Stilla? lol

So Harden had to go edit a cover of NewYorker that featured NY/Bkn

Why because Slam did a cover only on the Knicks lol........imagine a team with three superstars, a big, and ex superstar with a bunch of good role players and Knicks are the host of the town......

go ny, go ny, go!!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0jngQoU...jpg&name=small

Here is slam's cover:

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast