Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 182
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,990
    https://twitter.com/feinsand/status/...708319232?s=21

    WHOA. Angels have released Albert Pujols

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  2. #152
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,963
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    https://twitter.com/feinsand/status/...708319232?s=21

    WHOA. Angels have released Albert Pujols
    Damn!

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    8,088
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    https://twitter.com/feinsand/status/...708319232?s=21

    WHOA. Angels have released Albert Pujols
    Wow, i get he hasn't been playing well and they have better options but dang, Angels are finally looking like they might be contenders

    He does have that 10 yr deal with team after this season, wonder if that still holds and he just remains with team in some capacity

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    8,088
    https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/s...154742273?s=19

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    14,799
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    How about the bluff Ross pulled off putting Happ on deck so Roberts didnít walk Duffy to face Wolters? He still should have walked Duffy to face Happ/Wolters because Happ would have been hitting righty and Duffy had a better chance at a game tying hit there than Wolters or Happ as a righty. But if Ross doesnít put Happ on deck I assume Roberts walks Duffy and then itís up to Wolters to tie the game with 2 outs.

    That little move flipped the outcome of the game.
    Yeah it was really smart . I do think it was a bluff. With that said i thought they were going to walk Duffy regardless . I would have walk him if I were Roberts. Duffy in that situation was a much tougher out than Happ or Wolters . I remember thinking before the Cubs came to hit and I said oh **** itís Wolters hitting 4th this inning.


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,990
    https://twitter.com/feinsand/status/...045788162?s=21

    Lmao. This definitely has White Sox written all over it

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    92,025
    Anyone else throw up a little last night when they panned over and showed/mentioned mark prior?

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Yeah it was really smart . I do think it was a bluff. With that said i thought they were going to walk Duffy regardless . I would have walk him if I were Roberts. Duffy in that situation was a much tougher out than Happ or Wolters . I remember thinking before the Cubs came to hit and I said oh **** itís Wolters hitting 4th this inning.


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Yep. They should have walked Duffy either way. Even if Happ takes that at bat youíd have him hitting righty, so the odds of a game tying hit are pretty low. Roberts messed up.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Above the Clouds
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Anyone else throw up a little last night when they panned over and showed/mentioned mark prior?
    Made me really think about how good he was for those few years and what could have been. Glad to see him coaching in the league. Think he'll be a manager one day?

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,871
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    https://twitter.com/feinsand/status/...708319232?s=21

    WHOA. Angels have released Albert Pujols
    An albatross for years. Whoever agreed to give him that contract is such a fool. Something to consider when trying to re-sign guys like KB or Rizzo.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,594

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,791
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    https://twitter.com/feinsand/status/...045788162?s=21

    Lmao. This definitely has White Sox written all over it
    I could see them doing that. When I first heard about it, my first thought was St. Louis picking him up so he could finish his career there. He is a waste of a roster spot wherever he goes.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    45,947
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Exactly, again I'm not saying theyre great players, theyre bench players, but their hitting approach is what the lineup lacked the last couple years.

    Duffy,Marisnick, Sogard, Hoerner they go up there with idea of just putting the ball in play where the rest of the guys are basically pull hitters looking to hit one over the wall

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Jake Marisnick strikes out at a 30% clip...

    Like what

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    8,088
    Second player(Strop) to sign minor league deal elsewhere over staying with cubs organization

    https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/s...232346628?s=19

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,948
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Exactly, again I'm not saying theyre great players, theyre bench players, but their hitting approach is what the lineup lacked the last couple years.

    Duffy,Marisnick, Sogard, Hoerner they go up there with idea of just putting the ball in play where the rest of the guys are basically pull hitters looking to hit one over the wall

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    But just putting the ball in play doesn't do anything. The Cubs lineup has lacked, perhaps, guys who make more contact. They, however, don't lack players with a wRC+ in the 70's and the worst expected wOBA in the entire league.

    I think it's fine to point out Duffy has exceeded expectations and that he's been a nice surprise. But please, let's just let the idea that Sogard is a good MLB bench player die. He's a replacement level JAG who just happens to not strikeout a lot. He puts the ball in play, great, but it only matters if something good happens when you do that. When Sogard puts the ball in play, he just gets out that way. Putting the ball can be very good in the right context. Sogard's been putting the ball in play, but doing so, so meekly, that xwOBA suggests his piss poor offensive output (.280 wOBA) is actually lucky as he's overperforming his expected output by .40 points. If kept up at the rate he's going, he's going to regress from being awful, to even worse.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 05-06-2021 at 07:16 PM.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •