Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    I'm excited about this season again. We just need to kick some pitchers to the curb and go with more youth/velocity and we could be pretty good.

For me, we have to start beating the Brewers again though.

Wow, swept the frickn Dodgers

Got the Pirates this weekend, chance to go on a little streak now

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Cubs sweep!

Wow. Didnít expect this series outcome at all.

Holy ****.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Cubs just swept the reigning champs when they were starting Kershaw, Bauer and Buehler.

I truly cannot believe that.

Amazing performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I'm expecting 3L and that is why I am skipping this series.
    Well, there were 3 Ls but luckily, the Ls all belong to the Dodgers; too bad you missed the 3Ws.

Iíll be honest, I thought we were going to get swept, especially considering who LAD was throwing this series. My my was I wrong. Great series of very entertaining baseball.

That was fun.

Little realized fact: Dodgers started 13-2 and have gone 4-13 since

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Little realized fact: Dodgers started 13-2 and have gone 4-13 since
    I checked the standings last night wondering if theyíre struggling since we beat them in a doubleheader, and lo and behold, 2-8 in their last 10, 1-9 now after this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rizzo with the walk off single and the Cubs sweep the Dodgers. Just like everyone expected.

5/3-5/5: Dodgers (17-12) at Cubs (12-16) IGT

How about the bluff Ross pulled off putting Happ on deck so Roberts didnít walk Duffy to face Wolters? He still should have walked Duffy to face Happ/Wolters because Happ would have been hitting righty and Duffy had a better chance at a game tying hit there than Wolters or Happ as a righty. But if Ross doesnít put Happ on deck I assume Roberts walks Duffy and then itís up to Wolters to tie the game with 2 outs.

That little move flipped the outcome of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Well, there were 3 Ls but luckily, the Ls all belong to the Dodgers; too bad you missed the 3Ws.
    I had a family crisis and I won't get in the seriousness of the situation but baseball was the last thing on my mind. I'm glad the Cubs surprise me by sweeping the Dodgers. I hope they continue the momentum.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    This offense has a chance to be special...
    I called it first week of the season, Duffy has a chance to be a folk hero this year.

As long as they keep this up Duffy and Marisnick need to be in the starting lineup. Duffy filling the void left by Zobrist and then some so far. Marisnick doing a good Dexter Fowler impersonation.

Add Hoerner to the mix and this offense is hot right now, with the things we've been missing for years: batting average, contact, good AB's, and a bit of a spark.

Javy's hitting is on the mend, let's get Joc and Happ going now. Hendricks looked much better yesterday, just need Davies to find his control again and this team will be looking pretty good. I said early in the season it will take a month or 2 to figure out which guys in this pen of retreads Ross can rely on. We just need more pen depth.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    How about the bluff Ross pulled off putting Happ on deck so Roberts didnít walk Duffy to face Wolters? He still should have walked Duffy to face Happ/Wolters because Happ would have been hitting righty and Duffy had a better chance at a game tying hit there than Wolters or Happ as a righty. But if Ross doesnít put Happ on deck I assume Roberts walks Duffy and then itís up to Wolters to tie the game with 2 outs.

That little move flipped the outcome of the game.
    Absolutely. That was brilliant by Ross because I donít think Happ was going to take that AB regardless. Also Duffy stealing 2nd with Wolters batting was smart as well. It put the pressure back on the pitcher and he didnít want to give in to Wolters which lead to him walking him to get Rizzo up. I was thinking they should send Duffy there because I donít think anybody felt comfortable with Wolters getting a hit there, much less hitting a gap somewhere. Even if Duffy got threw out, it was still the right move to let him attempt to steal that bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    I called it first week of the season, Duffy has a chance to be a folk hero this year.

As long as they keep this up Duffy and Marisnick need to be in the starting lineup. Duffy filling the void left by Zobrist and then some so far. Marisnick doing a good Dexter Fowler impersonation.

Add Hoerner to the mix and this offense is hot right now, with the things we've been missing for years: batting average, contact, good AB's, and a bit of a spark.

Javy's hitting is on the mend, let's get Joc and Happ going now. Hendricks looked much better yesterday, just need Davies to find his control again and this team will be looking pretty good. I said early in the season it will take a month or 2 to figure out which guys in this pen of retreads Ross can rely on. We just need more pen depth.
    Exactly, again I'm not saying theyre great players, theyre bench players, but their hitting approach is what the lineup lacked the last couple years.

Duffy,Marisnick, Sogard, Hoerner they go up there with idea of just putting the ball in play where the rest of the guys are basically pull hitters looking to hit one over the wall

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast