Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    The first run Maples gave up hurt,but wasn't the killer; the second one was, however. That and no one, no one came thru in the clutch.
    Well, I was wrong. Get comeback by Cubs after Map!es gave up those 2 runs in the 7th.
    Finally got a clutch homer by Javy and another clutch hit by Bote. Read he already has 4 walkoff hits in his young career! Wonder how many other current Cubs can say that.
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 05-05-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    So did i miss something on the whole Cubs/Reds non brawl? I saw highlights. Garrett talked like he always did. Rizoo walked away like he does. Baez was frustrated and ran out of the dugout. Is MLB trying to set some sort of "show no emotion" rule? 2 suspensions in a row where somebody was suspended for showing emotion and the offended guy got nothing.
    I think its okay to show emotion but he was directly targeting Rizzo by shouting profanities directed at Rizzo.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    I think its okay to show emotion but he was directly targeting Rizzo by shouting profanities directed at Rizzo.
    Amir also had history with the Cubs, not to mentioned he incited a fight with the Pirates. His suspension is of his own doing. Great arm, totally douchebag.
    Screw sabermetics.

Yah, I get it. Garrett's a dick. Traditionally his and Rizzo's rivalry has been a little friendlier. But he was just suspended 7 games for taunting. **** that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Amir also had history with the Cubs, not to mentioned he incited a fight with the Pirates. His suspension is of his own doing. Great arm, totally douchebag.
    Yeah I think the league is still coming down hard on players who are causing benches to clear with covid still going on and Garrett being a repeat offender made his punishment a bit harsher.

Strop chose to become a FA over going down to Iowa

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Yah, I get it. Garrett's a dick. Traditionally his and Rizzo's rivalry has been a little friendlier. But he was just suspended 7 games for taunting. **** that.
    His suspension was warranted. His actions were way more than just your typical celebration after getting someone out. This is a good break down

https://youtu.be/zLAdMk4bxtc

Alzolay oozes with potential

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    His suspension was warranted. His actions were way more than just your typical celebration after getting someone out. This is a good break down

https://youtu.be/zLAdMk4bxtc
    Garrett is such a hand job!

Duffy and Marisnick

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Duffy and Marisnick

Marisnick > Bryant

Adbert gone too soon.

https://twitter.com/devanaltman/stat...170467333?s=21

Marisnick has been a pleasant surprise. Although I agree he’s probably just having a good month. I guess we should just enjoy it while it lasts

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post

Marisnick has been a pleasant surprise. Although I agree he’s probably just having a good month. I guess we should just enjoy it while it lasts
    Still a definite upgrade over Almora even if he does cool off.

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post

Maybe, maybe not. He was on fire last year, this spring, and so far this season.

Small sample sizes, but he should be starting virtually everyday even when Happ's back until he starts sucking. Also good D and baserunning speed.

Worst case scenario he falls back to earth and is a good guy off the bench and can keep starting vs LHP for Happ/Heyward.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast