Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm shocked they can't get anything for him. Serviceable LT. Can't get nothing?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Honestly, this is just a constant pattern of mismanagement. They had a great great draft, then do something stupid and weaken the team. Leno is an above average LT being paid at or below market value.

Main things that piss me off.

-Leno has no trade value at all? Really?
    -We're guna start a rookie at LT
    -We could have been solid with depth with Ifedi as the swing and Borom learning.
    -Graham? I want him here but his value on the dollar is a tenth of Leno's and he'd save us almost the same.
    -Extension and restructures could have prevented this.

The pre and post draft stuff is seriously souring the amazing draft they had.

Quote Originally Posted by timov8 View Post

Whole league is cap strapped right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Jason Verrett is a beast at CB. An aggressive/lockdown CB. He would be a great addition

He'd be my favorite of our options as well, but he's had a lot of health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by timov8 View Post

Everyone knows he's getting cut. There's plenty of good OTs sitting in FA right now. No one was gonna take his cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Honestly, this is just a constant pattern of mismanagement. They had a great great draft, then do something stupid and weaken the team. Leno is an above average LT being paid at or below market value.

Main things that piss me off.

-Leno has no trade value at all? Really?
    -We're guna start a rookie at LT
    -We could have been solid with depth with Ifedi as the swing and Borom learning.
    -Graham? I want him here but his value on the dollar is a tenth of Leno's and he'd save us almost the same.
    -Extension and restructures could have prevented this.

The pre and post draft stuff is seriously souring the amazing draft they had.
    I'm not thrilled either as things currently stand, but the off-season isn't over. We can get some extensions/restructures in still and sign vets at DB and tackle. If they can do that, I'll feel like we got a shot to actually compete maybe. I liked Leno more than most, but I understand how he could be a cap casualty here. The choice of him over Graham is, hopefully, that there exist better vet alternatives still in FA for Leno as opposed to Graham.

Also keep in mind, every org is super cap strapped. So, yeah, we'll have holes, but so will mostly every team, even moreso than usual.

Not trying to be a beacon of optimism, but if Rodgers goes (which it sounds like is more likely than not), the division is open for the taking.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 05-03-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I'm not thrilled either as things currently stand, but the off-season isn't over. We can get some extensions/restructures in still and sign vets at DB and tackle. If they can do that, I'll feel like we got a shot to actually compete maybe. I liked Leno more than most, but I understand how he could be a cap casualty here. The choice of him over Graham is, hopefully, that there exist better vet alternatives still in FA for Leno as opposed to Graham.

Also keep in mind, every org is super cap strapped. So, yeah, we'll have holes, but so will mostly every team, even moreso than usual.

Not trying to be a beacon of optimism, but if Rodgers goes (which it sounds like is more likely than not), the division is open for the taking.
    I'm with you on Leno, I like him a lot. It can be real bad on that side, and he's just solid/cheap. They aren't replacing his value on the FA market unless they get Fisher/Schwartz for the right or left, which isn't happening. They just weakened the line for the season when Leno and his deal were perfect for a contract year.

I'm not really sure how the comp pick formula works, but I think we probably threw out a 3rd/4th round comp pick with this as well.

IF Rodgers goes, we may make the playoffs. Rather have Leno/Jenkins than Jenkins/whoever wins the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Agreed. Also tells me theyíre for real when they say they want Fields to sit a year. I donít think you make this decision with the plans of having a rookie QB out there. Let Dalton deal with the growing pains and have Fields play when Jenkins and Borom are ready to play the OT spots.
    That is not what that means to me. Mitch was a guy that needed to sit but a 2 yr starter at a Power 5 conference, with experience in another P5 conference is not a guy you sit for a full year, especially if your jobs are on the line. Andy Dalton getting W1 start is probably likely now but Fields will play significant snaps his rookie season.
    Screw sabermetics.

Unless Dalton plays the best football of his career, or the defense plays like they did in 2018, or we get incredibly lucky and the team overperforms, I don't see any way that Fields is sitting the entire year. Dalton will start the season, but how long he stays the starter is another question.

I think Pace/Nagy have a pretty good leash through next season, but I don't know if they'll survive if this year is a complete disaster a la 2014. If it gets bad, the pressure will be on them to jumpstart the team. It'd suck for that to be the reason we put Fields in, but it's possible to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    That is not what that means to me. Mitch was a guy that needed to sit but a 2 yr starter at a Power 5 conference, with experience in another P5 conference is not a guy you sit for a full year, especially if your jobs are on the line. Andy Dalton getting W1 start is probably likely now but Fields will play significant snaps his rookie season.
    I mean they literally said theyíre going to follow the Mahomes/Smith blueprint. In my mind, this just solidifies that as the truth. But just because thatís the plan, doesnít mean they wonít pivot and deviate from it. It wouldnít surprise me if Fields plays this year. Iím simply saying this is the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I'm with you on Leno, I like him a lot. It can be real bad on that side, and he's just solid/cheap. They aren't replacing his value on the FA market unless they get Fisher/Schwartz for the right or left, which isn't happening. They just weakened the line for the season when Leno and his deal were perfect for a contract year.

I'm not really sure how the comp pick formula works, but I think we probably threw out a 3rd/4th round comp pick with this as well.

IF Rodgers goes, we may make the playoffs. Rather have Leno/Jenkins than Jenkins/whoever wins the spot.
    I disagree. I think Schwartz on a 1 year deal in this market feels pretty realistic. I'd also rather have Leno in a vacuum, and actually it's the second occurance this year where we've cut a good player instead of... Jimmy Graham... But I'm willing to see what Pace has in mind for the rest of the off-season before I judge anything.

Hopefully the plan is not for Fields and rookie tackles (as much as I like Jenkins) to fix the offense.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 05-03-2021 at 03:14 PM.

I mean they literally said theyíre going to follow the Mahomes/Smith blueprint. In my mind, this just solidifies that as the truth. But just because thatís the plan, doesnít mean they wonít pivot and deviate from it. It wouldnít surprise me if Fields plays this year. Iím simply saying this is the plan.

That's why I said the Dalton probably starts the seasons as QB1, to give Fields a chance to get his feet wet. I don't know if you meant to or not but I got the impression that you thought Fields would not play at all during his rookie season. If I misread what you said, then my bad.

Whenever the Bears have their bye week, is pretty solid guess on which Fields will take the field as a starter (provided if he is ready) .
    Screw sabermetics.

They said it's a good "starting point ". I think that means if Fields is ready he's starting.

Dalton isn't a vet with 5 plus years experience in the system already, I'm thinking max 3,4 games for the red rifle.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I am one of the toughest on Leno..... But we really need somebody now. Unless your countin on Ifedi..... Wilkinson or our 5th rounder starting.

Fisher or Schwartz would make me really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    That's why I said the Dalton probably starts the seasons as QB1, to give Fields a chance to get his feet wet. I don't know if you meant to or not but I got the impression that you thought Fields would not play at all during his rookie season. If I misread what you said, then my bad.

Whenever the Bears have their bye week, is pretty solid guess on which Fields will take the field as a starter (provided if he is ready) .
    I just said they want to and that they plan on doing it. I didnít mean to say itís for sure happening so I apologize too if thatís how it came off.

Hell, even if they said thatís for sure happening, itís ridiculous because nothing is absolute. We kind of thought Mitch might sit the whole year too and Glennon was awful, so they put Mitch in. Same thing could happen with Dalton and Fields.

And honestly, itís probably likely. Fields is a more ready prospect than Mitch was and Dalton isnít very good. As soon as Dalton has a few poor games in a row, the fan base is going to be going rabid for Fields. I mean, look at the overall positive reaction to his selection. Thereís no way we arenít going to see an outpouring of pressure to throw him out there if Dalton is bad. Chiefs fans werenít clamoring for Mahomes yet because they were a really good team with Smith out there and he was playing really well. I donít see how Dalton has the same result. The fans will go nuts.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast