Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I don't mind him as depth. But he is so slow...

If he was a third te for cheap I'd feel a lot more comfortable

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Oh depth wise heís great. In a vacuum I love having him as a red zone threat and the second TE. Itís just his cost thatís the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a big fan of this cut, tbh. The Bears made it a point to bolster/upgrade their OL only to weaken it less than a week later. Are they sure Jenkins best position is LT? Leno at LT and Jenkins at RT would have been fine. But Jenkins at LT and Ifedi at RT is certainly not ideal. Would have much rather cut Graham. Did they forget the importance of OL depth? If one of the OTs goes down, Bears are in big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Not a big fan of this cut, tbh. The Bears made it a point to bolster/upgrade their OL only to weaken it less than a week later. Are they sure Jenkins best position is LT? Leno at LT and Jenkins at RT would have been fine. But Jenkins at LT and Ifedi at RT is certainly not ideal. Would have much rather cut Graham. Did they forget the importance of OL depth? If one of the OTs goes down, Bears are in big trouble.
    Is it possible he's that bad though?

It may have been necessary with the lower cap. Just curious what other players could have been cut.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

It may have been necessary with the lower cap. Just curious what other players could have been cut.

Jenkins has never played an NFL snap before. He's a good prospect, but he could still be really bad. It's a lot riding on him.

It was pretty much Leno or Graham, though Leno does offer slightly higher savings (2 mil). That said, Leno is a much more valuable player.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il

There have IMO been a number of questionable moves this offseason. Hick over Fuller was a major one. You could argue Greham over Leno. Personally i think I understsnd wanting to keep Jimmy G. Still a mentor. Wasnt like he was bad. And I know we have Kmet but outside of him we have nothing. And if you want the ability to run 2 TE sets I get it.

I just personally find it super weird to seemingly get an OL who fits right in at RT next to Leno. Helps keep some more pocket passers like Dalton and Foles upright. Only to create the same hole you had if not arguably worse because idk if u can count on a Rok.

Side note.... Why isnt Foles the one gone for cap space. I get if you want to keep him around to keep Fields off the field. But isnt a better equiped Dalton or Feilds better for you than Dalton or Foles struggling behind the OL to the point your forced into playing Fields?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Kinda makes u wonder if they really like ifedi though. Gave him 5 mil too....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Ifedi was decent when he went back to RT instead of RG . Leno was horrible the first half of the year when Whitehair was out and at center but played much better when he returned back to lg

Canít stand letting guys go without thinking we could have gotten something for them.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Canít stand letting guys go without thinking we could have gotten something for them.
    At his cap hit, in this market, we couldn't have.

Sadly I don't think they had a choice. They had the least cap space going into the draft of any team I believe. I truly think they plan on letting Fields sit the first year. Fields bought them an extra year and they can probably win 9-10 games with Dalton. I really think Nagy wants to copy what KC did with Mahomes. After a year of development for Teven and Borom and another draft to build offensive talent then Fields can play. We'll see what happens but I think the organization is prepared not to go deep into the playoffs this year for Justin's development.

Leno was likely already on the bubble and a consideration for restructuring or cutting at some point in the future. Perhaps he refused to renegotiate a deal. Either way, when Jenkins started to fall, Bears saw the cap savings as worth it to pay to move up and grab him in the 2nd round.

Leno is a nobody, and while he was on a decent deal, he is also a nobody. Nobody was trading for a mediocre left tackle at that cost in this cap environment. Might as well get the ball rolling with Jenkins and let him learn immediately while Dalton is filling space.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    Leno was likely already on the bubble and a consideration for restructuring or cutting at some point in the future. Perhaps he refused to renegotiate a deal. Either way, when Jenkins started to fall, Bears saw the cap savings as worth it to pay to move up and grab him in the 2nd round.

Leno is a nobody, and while he was on a decent deal, he is also a nobody. Nobody was trading for a mediocre left tackle at that cost in this cap environment. Might as well get the ball rolling with Jenkins and let him learn immediately while Dalton is filling space.

Leno is in the final year of his deal. No restructure without an extension. We lose a good comp pick along with this cut. Which is another reason it was stupid. Weaken the line, lose a comp pick, keep Jimmy Graham.

Ereck Flowers is a far less accomplished lineman with a similar salary. He was moved for almost nothing. But he was moved.
    Gabe Jackson at 9.6 was moved. An ok guard.
    Rodney Hudson at 9.9 was moved. An above average but non special center.
    Marcus Cannon at 7 mil. Solidly nothing above average RT

Maybe circumstances this late made it harder. I just find it hard to believe there wasn't a trade out there with due diligence. I find it incredibly stupid to keep Graham over Leno or Fuller.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Leno is in the final year of his deal. No restructure without an extension. We lose a good comp pick along with this cut. Which is another reason it was stupid. Weaken the line, lose a comp pick, keep Jimmy Graham.

Ereck Flowers is a far less accomplished lineman with a similar salary. He was moved for almost nothing. But he was moved.
    Gabe Jackson at 9.6 was moved. An ok guard.
    Rodney Hudson at 9.9 was moved. An above average but non special center.
    Marcus Cannon at 7 mil. Solidly nothing above average RT

Maybe circumstances this late made it harder. I just find it hard to believe there wasn't a trade out there with due diligence. I find it incredibly stupid to keep Graham over Leno or Fuller.
    Ah, final year. That's where I went wrong.

ultimately Leno got cuz because of money and softness if he was more aggressive I think they keep him regardless but his mindset even with average to meh play they felt they need to get nastier on the OL which has been missing for a good min now

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    ultimately Leno got cuz because of money and softness if he was more aggressive I think they keep him regardless but his mindset even with average to meh play they felt they need to get nastier on the OL which has been missing for a good min now
    Right, you know exactly how aggressive Leno is and what his mindset is. What a bunch of crap.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast