Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    They said it's a good "starting point ". I think that means if Fields is ready he's starting.

Dalton isn't a vet with 5 plus years experience in the system already, I'm thinking max 3,4 games for the red rifle.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Right. All I was saying is for now thatís their intention. It doesnít mean that plan canít change if they get to camp and Fields is tearing it up. They donít have any loyalty or long term money on either Foles or Dalton right now. If Fields is ready, he will play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Right. All I was saying is for now thatís their intention. It doesnít mean that plan canít change if they get to camp and Fields is tearing it up. They donít have any loyalty or long term money on either Foles or Dalton right now. If Fields is ready, he will play.

Gotcha, dude.

Everybody has a plan until they are punched in the mouth. We'll see how long their "intentions" last.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I disagree. I think Schwartz on a 1 year deal in this market feels pretty realistic. I'd also rather have Leno in a vacuum, and actually it's the second occurance this year where we've cut a good player instead of... Jimmy Graham... But I'm willing to see what Pace has in mind for the rest of the off-season before I judge anything.

Hopefully the plan is not for Fields and rookie tackles (as much as I like Jenkins) to fix the offense.
    It isn't about a 1 year deal for Schwartz in this market. That's what he's going to get. He's still going to command a decent salary. Maybe its only 5 million on a 1 year discount. You're only getting that because he had back surgery in late Feb, and who knows how his body is going to hold so soon after. It's like baseball teams signing pitchers with a solid history after tommy john. I'd rather pay a few more to Leno than to sign Schwartz and not know if he's guna hold up or even be ready.

Also, there isn't money to do anything on the line. You can likely gamble on Schwartz and get him with the cap space we have. That's a loss for me. Is Fisher going to sign for less than Leno's savings? No. We downgraded. There's really no other way to look at it and I don't think it was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I am one of the toughest on Leno..... But we really need somebody now. Unless your countin on Ifedi..... Wilkinson or our 5th rounder starting.

Fisher or Schwartz would make me really happy.
    There's a reason KC went away from them. They don't want to count on a guy coming off the worst injury in sports, an achilles. One of the worst injuries, probably worse than a knee for a lineman, back surgery. Fisher/Schwartz are in recovery. Our last 2 first round tackles had back problems. Neither made in an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Gotcha, dude.

Everybody has a plan until they are punched in the mouth. We'll see how long their "intentions" last.
    Very true. Like I said though, gun to my head I donít see it lasting. Unless Nagy unlocks something from Dalton, heís not gonna play well and we are gonna hear it from fans.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    There's a reason KC went away from them. They don't want to count on a guy coming off the worst injury in sports, an achilles. One of the worst injuries, probably worse than a knee for a lineman, back surgery. Fisher/Schwartz are in recovery. Our last 2 first round tackles had back problems. Neither made in an impact.
    Other guys still available too. Just the first two to come to mind. Okung...Villanueva....Wagner...

The point is we just went from upgrading our OL to arguably downgrading it through the release of Leno. Again the names currently on the roster

Ifedi
    Wilkinson
    Larry Barom (who after watching further has really turned me off. Extremly handsy and misses reads from what I have seen... Would need major imprivement IMO)

Everyone hated Ifedi. Wilkinson was trash last year. Are we really rollinv in with Barom as a legit option.

Its just not pretty. I was excited to have Ifedi as a swing Tackle for Depth. Now the whole pecking order just takes a major dip.

Very true. Like I said though, gun to my head I donít see it lasting. Unless Nagy unlocks something from Dalton, heís not gonna play well and we are gonna hear it from fans.

I would not want Fields to start behind a shaky o-line. If Dalton has to take a beating, so be it. The oline needs to prove they're competent before Justin takes the field. This is why I wouldn't mind keeping Foles as a backup.

I'd assume that if Dalton is the starter for an extended period of time then Pace and Nagy are safer than most think.

I really don't mind moving on from Leno either. Jenkins should be fine at LT and it gives them a chance to evaluate a long term RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Other guys still available too. Just the first two to come to mind. Okung...Villanueva....Wagner...

The point is we just went from upgrading our OL to arguably downgrading it through the release of Leno. Again the names currently on the roster

Ifedi
    Wilkinson
    Larry Barom (who after watching further has really turned me off. Extremly handsy and misses reads from what I have seen... Would need major imprivement IMO)

Everyone hated Ifedi. Wilkinson was trash last year. Are we really rollinv in with Barom as a legit option.

Its just not pretty. I was excited to have Ifedi as a swing Tackle for Depth. Now the whole pecking order just takes a major dip.
    Is Okung or Wagner an upgrade on either side? IMO, even with what we have, no.
    Villanueva I think gives you near exactly what Leno does. Can we sign him for less than the savings and does he fit in the system immediately?

I think Ifedi is a great swing tackle. As a starter, I'm just hoping he hits anywhere near potential. It's just such a downgrade across the line if he isn't average.
    I'm with you on Borom too. He isn't ready day 1. I think he has more potential to be a player than our recent late round OL picks. I think he's pretty much guaranteed to be a depth piece for years at minimum. But he's not ready now and we better not have to play him.

We agree this release is stupid?

Bears Release Leno

Okung at LT is an upgrade because heís a better run blocker than Leno and still a positive in pass protection even at this age. Leno was always as a decent pass protector but he was soft and not aggressive in the run game. Far exceeded his 7th round stature tho.

I disagree. He may be better marginally as a run blocker, but he's worse overall. He's older. He'd come into a new system, so instant disadvantage of a guy who's been in it 4 years.

You can bring in multilple guys left who are similar in theory to Leno. How much are they costing? Likely not saving much. You're also losing the huge system advantage Leno has to sign a random vet for a year.

Graham as purely an end-zone guy is fine, but I think outside of that he serves almost no purpose. Kmet should get the bulk of the reps outside of that.
    Yeah it was trending that way at the end of the year anyway. Graham is an easy TD target, but Kmet should be productive this year.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Cam Sutton, Richard Sherman, Brian Poole, Jason Verrett are the best FAs left. Wonder if someone else gets cut.

Bears were right at the cap though, so it could also just be "someone has to go."
    Verrett is with the 49ers.

I really donít understand why Graham is still here though. If we arenít getting Wilson anymore, he really serves no purpose. Heís a red zone target making double what heís worth. He should go too.

I really donít understand why Graham is still here though. If we arenít getting Wilson anymore, he really serves no purpose. Heís a red zone target making double what heís worth. He should go too.

I don't mind him as depth. But he is so slow...

If he was a third te for cheap I'd feel a lot more comfortable

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast