Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

GT#65 Más Bendecido Knicks (36-28) @ Memphis Grizzlies (32-31): On a warpath!

Led by General Julius Caesar Randle, the Knicks have restored their glory and become a force to be reckoned with. After having their 4 game win streak snapped in OT on April 4th, Ja Morant & the Memphis Grizz want another crack at a surging Knick team (11-1)

Random Thoughts:

1. Who replaces Burks production(?): During the OT Knick win over Memphis on April 4th, uncharacteristically Julius Randle struggled (4 for 12) but fortunately the bench outscored the starters 72 to 61 with the second unit led by a triple gun: Derrick Rose 19 pts, Immanuel Quickley shooting 4/6 and Alec Burks shooting 3/8 downtown. The Knicks' 3-point attack was their saving grace. Could we see more launches from Bullock and the ever improving range of RJ Barrett? I hope so. They'll need it.

2. No answer for Ja Morant(?): Back in New York, Elfrid Payton was steam rolled by Ja Morant who shot 50% from the field, raining down 26 pts. The only weakness I can see in Ja Morant's game is his free throw shooting. It's mediocre. When the Grizz break out, they're a very athletic team of versatile guard-forwards who can kill you. The Knicks need to make him earn it at the line, slow down the tempo.

3. How did Memphis stop the General (?): Pretty rare when Julius Randle doesn't have a good game. Seems to me, interchangeable athletic/freakish small forwards who can shoot and force him into quick decisions. Randle's turnovers are half of his assist production. What's scary, Desmond Bane hasn't even come into his own.

Knicks will have a battle on their hands but if they dig deep, they'll come out of this match up as a winner!

I guessing Noel is out and we will have to contend with big Val. He is a giant and strong. It will be interesting to see how Thibs deals with it. If he started really killing us I'd considering going small and giving the Kanter treatment by making him defend screen-roll against Rose or IQ and Julius. That's not really Thibs style. Let's hope our guys can stand up

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Tonight will be big test for Knicks are fighting for 4th seed or headed for playin.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Elfrid Payton's Knicks role seemingly shrinking with Derrick Rose earning more minutes
    Tom Thibodeau: 'Someone else is going good, you ride with them'
    Ian Begley

From opening night until the end of March, Elfrid Payton was playing 25 minutes per game. In April, he averaged 19 minutes per game. In the Knicks' first game of May, Payton played just 14 minutes.

Payton's 14 minutes came during a blowout win over the Rockets. But it still seems like his role is being reduced as New York approaches the playoffs.

When asked about Payton's minutes Sunday, Tom Thibodeau didn't explicitly say that his role is decreasing.

"It's how the game unfolds. It's what you need," Thibodeau said. "Someone else has got it going -- that's the beauty of this team. They all support each other, they put winning first. Someone else is going good, you ride with them.

"There's not a big difference between our starters and our bench -- they're all interchangeable. I see our bench guys as actually being starters. We're fortunate to be in that position. So just bring the things that you bring. As I've said all season long, Elfrid's an important part of our team."

Payton's reduced role has coincided with more minutes for Derrick Rose. He's averaging 27 minutes per game in April. And he played 31 minutes in New York's win over Houston.

It will be interesting to see if Thibodeau continues to start Payton or if Rose supplants him in the starting lineup. Payton -- a regular target among Knick fans on Twitter -- has helped New York establish one of the top defenses in the NBA. But Rose is a superior offensive player.

So Payton's minutes -- and his role -- are something worth watching as the Knicks close out the regular season.

Thibs never liked Payton why do you think he begged FO to get Rose. Before Rose got covid he looked like our starting PG and Payton was banished from team. Of course thibs was never going to come out and tell media that Payton sucks why would he try to lose lockerroom and so here we are near the end of season rose is back 100% actually I still laugh from the time when posters here were roasting thibs for playing Payton well now those guys look stupid because thibs showed he doesn't like Payton either.

NYK@MEM
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Allen, Grayson Questionable Injury/Illness - Left Hand; Injury

New York Knicks
    Noel, Nerlens Questionable Injury/Illness - Left Ankle; sprained
    Robinson, Mitchell Out Injury/Illness - Right Foot; surgery

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    NYK@MEM
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Allen, Grayson Questionable Injury/Illness - Left Hand; Injury

New York Knicks
    Noel, Nerlens Questionable Injury/Illness - Left Ankle; sprained
    Robinson, Mitchell Out Injury/Illness - Right Foot; surgery
    thanks Deejay, Grizz almost full strength, tough game in back to back, should be fun though

winnable game. maybe Obi can at least get a look at the 5.

If Noel doesn't play Obi will have to play more mins even though the new center might be better rim protector thibs will always go with his set rotation players. I just pity Taj's poor knees ouch.

Welcome Stilla

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    winnable game. maybe Obi can at least get a look at the 5.
    i doubt it, if anything Randle will slide in there and he'd cover one of Valanc or Tillman.

The weakness of this team is our strength which is PF, they actually go small with Brooks and Anderson so Randle will have advantages till Jackson comes in but he has been playing around 20min so see how that goes.

I think with Taj's body and Valanc at 6'11 if Noel don't play it's not the worse team to face and Pelle will provide at least a body.

taj could see Rose type minutes tonight after playing last night, our oldies are hanging tough that is for sure.

Questionable is much better than out or doubtful so i'm optimistic, come on Noel...

Ian Begley
    @IanBegley
    In an injury report posted by the NBA at 1:30 PM, Nerlens Noel is listed as questionable for tonight's game vs. Memphis due to his ankle injury. Noel left Sunday's win over HOU due to a left ankle sprain.

I have faith that Pelle can give Valuncunious some trouble. Pelle is a big boy. I think he can man up 1v1 in the post. I have less faith in his ability to guard Mortant in PnR than I do checking JV in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I have faith that Pelle can give Valuncunious some trouble. Pelle is a big boy. I think he can man up 1v1 in the post. I have less faith in his ability to guard Mortant in PnR than I do checking JV in the post.
    i know it was garbage time but damn he looked like he just didn't want to play last night, but i'm think Noel plays tonight, when it' questionable in a game this important then usually it's he's playing, hope that is the case and not the other way at a game time decision.

well we get to wait to around 7-7:30

Nerlens Noel C Ankle Game Time Decision

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast