• F

0 0%
  • I dont grade draft classes

0 0%
  • I dont know

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I am still evaluating, I did mention that those were the 5 I liked. Not intending to throw BS about two other guys I know nothing about.
    Gillespie was a wasted pick.
    Hobbs is another guy that has tons of talent but didn’t really live up to his talent. Bad picks. Might be special teasers. We needed a real Sam and possibly a project 3 tech dt.

Finally voted. After all the after the fact insights... it looks like we drafted heavy on projects. I like the physical numbers of the projects. And their production wasn’t bad. So I think they have a chance to exceed their draft slots.

However, we’ve seen this song and dance before. As for the OL, we’ve been successful. With the rest of the reaches... not so much. So it’s up to Gus to make it into an A. Oh... and if Moehrig’s back is an ongoing issue- could turn into a D.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Too reasonable. Not what I wanna see on the internets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL. I hear ya, I guess I could give them 5 Chuckie Heads, 4 stars that are golden, two thumbs up and a 97 on rotten tomatoes.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    Internets. Plural. I love it. Stay tuned tomorrow for my 2 part series: top 6 picks and bottom 6 picks. It will be riveting.
    I am going to tell my moms about it so she can checks it out.

"...prone to stoogery.".

I'm of the opinion that you can't really grade drafts until a few years down the line.

I'm mostly fine with this draft, a lot of online ink was spilled about the 1st pick.

But things clearly worked out, I don't think Leatherwood would have been there in the second, Moehrig obviously was.
    I wasn't as in love with the 2 3rd round picks. But **** what do I know.
    Drafting a back up center that we can develop and bring along seems like a good idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I'm of the opinion that you can't really grade drafts until a few years down the line.

I'm mostly fine with this draft, a lot of online ink was spilled about the 1st pick.

But things clearly worked out, I don't think Leatherwood would have been there in the second, Moehrig obviously was.
    I wasn't as in love with the 2 3rd round picks. But **** what do I know.
    Drafting a back up center that we can develop and bring along seems like a good idea though.
    I believe that the accurate timeline is about 4 years later. Some pan out better than others earlier and some tend to bloom later than others.
    The problem for the Raiders as an organization is that we have drafted poorly and coached poorly especially more recently. We have no one from our 2017 Draft class on this roster and only one from our 2016 Draft and that is Karl Joseph because he returned. Usually it takes an NFL rookie about 3-4 years to really produce consistently and offensive lineman about 3-5 to reveal their ceiling. Some rookies are expected to produce dividends right away especially high draft picks but the reality is that for a QB more pieces are needed such as a good O-Line, WRs and a solid running game.
    I believe that we could have done better in mixing and matching the pieces of the O-Line but the fact that we signed another guard lets me think that Cognito is not going to hold up. Just a thought.

With the trades of Hudson and Jackson, the selections of Leatherwood and Morrisey, plus the addition of Nick Martin, we clear want to run stretch plays/ inside and outside zone. We have got more athletic, because Josh Jacobs strength is running zone. Add to that Drake, then play action bootlegs, sail routes and Yankee concepts and we are cooking. Riggs and Edwards should really benefit if they can stay healthy and if they do we are going to be explosive. I see the vision. Let coach Bradley and his boys work their scheme in on Defense and get them playing hard. Go Raiders

All I had to see about Gillespie is how well he defended Pitts. If he did that well against Pitts he’s a great addition and may surprise with his ability to defend TEs, especially with Kielce in our division.

Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    All I had to see about Gillespie is how well he defended Pitts. If he did that well against Pitts he’s a great addition and may surprise with his ability to defend TEs, especially with Kielce in our division.
    +1 and he's both tall and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    I've seen several plays where he was burned by TEs. Don't get your hopes up
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    I believe that the accurate timeline is about 4 years later. Some pan out better than others earlier and some tend to bloom later than others.
    The problem for the Raiders as an organization is that we have drafted poorly and coached poorly especially more recently. We have no one from our 2017 Draft class on this roster and only one from our 2016 Draft and that is Karl Joseph because he returned. Usually it takes an NFL rookie about 3-4 years to really produce consistently and offensive lineman about 3-5 to reveal their ceiling. Some rookies are expected to produce dividends right away especially high draft picks but the reality is that for a QB more pieces are needed such as a good O-Line, WRs and a solid running game.
    I believe that we could have done better in mixing and matching the pieces of the O-Line but the fact that we signed another guard lets me think that Cognito is not going to hold up. Just a thought.
    Isn’t the goal to get players who can step in and produce within a year? I know player development is good, but you have limited roster spots. If you keep developing players, you’ll have to cut some after wasting a couple years on them. Those are my favorites- watching them excel elsewhere.

And with the cap space, you need as many rookie deal players contributing as possible. Waiting 3-4 years means they finally play well when you have to shell out a big pay day.

I’d rather have a justin Jefferson than a ruggs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12