• F

0 0%
  • I dont grade draft classes

0 0%
  • I dont know

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grade the Raiders Draft Class:

Time for the yearly grade the draft Class poll and for overall discussion on players.

Raiders Draft Class Grades:

Alex Leatherwood OT 17th overall (1st): B-
    Leatherwood is going to be a good RT for the Raiders. The value wasn't great with the 17th overall pick. Most saw Darrisaw higher then Leatherwood who went 24th. There were reports that Ravens wanted Leatherwood with their pick so the likelihood that we could have gotten Leatherwood in round 2 like some have said seems unlikely. Leatherwood fits what Cable wants for a OL. Should come in and be a day one starter at RT. Grade a little lower mostly because of the overall value of the pick.

Trevon Moehrig S 43rd overall (2nd): A+
    Raiders desperately needed a FS to paid with Abram and Moehrig at 43 is amazing value. Many people projected Moehrig to be our pick at 17th overall. Moehrig will be a day one starter and is one of the better values in the draft. Our defense is instantly better with him on the field.

Malcolm Koonce DE 76 overall (3rd): C
    Raiders go back to Buffalo for an edge rusher. Koonce is a small school edge rusher who needs to bulk up some. Mayock stated he reminds him of Yannick who they recently signed this offseason. Raiders had one of the worst pass rushes last year and Koonce can develop in one but he likely isnt a big contributor right away. This feels like a multi year development guy.

Divin Deablo S/LB 80th overall (3rd): B
    I really like Deablo. Good value here 80 overall. Smart player who can play anywhere on the defense. Played safety in college but Raiders drafted him to play WLB in the NFL so he is going to have to learn a new position in the NFL. Bradley always has small coverage LB so Deablo fits this role.

Tyree Gillespie S 143rd overall (4th): B-
    4 round in and Raiders have now drafted 3 safeties though they plan to convert Deablo to LB as I mentioned. Raiders did need 1 starting S but not sure 3 were needed. After the draft Mayock stated Gillespie had a high grade and they couldnt pass up on the value at a certain point. Hard hitting S. Good back up for Abram. I like the player and the value with the pick but still seems a bit much for selections for this position.

Nate Hobbs CB 167th overall (5th): B
    Once you get to this point in the draft its about finding good talent that can be developed. Nate Hobbs has the size athletic traits that fit the system Bradley runs. He needs to be more consistent in coverage and can be too aggressive at times. The tools are there though and is a hard worker from everything ive seen.

Jimmy Morrissey C/G 230th overall (7th): B
    Morrissey is another OL that fits the mold of what Cable wants. High RaS athletic score. 4 year starter after being a walk on. Brings depth and competition for center. Morrissey has a good chance to make the roster as the Raiders primary back up center and a flex guard.

Overall Id give the Grade a B. Some good players, not always the best value but Raiders needed defense and the certainly spent many picks on that side of the field.

1 and 2 make me happy.
    Fills holes we need and both seem like strong players.

The only other dude I checked out was DD and he looked like a gamer.

I took a peek at our draft classes since 2010 and immediately wanted to take a few shots

I donít do grades until 3 years after they are drafted. However, I do like the positions we drafted for and the overall commitment to bringing in competition on the defensive side of the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-/C+, and I voted C+.

This guy has to be the pick if heís available.

Iím the president of the Christian Barmore fanclub.

A- to B+ range. Got the players we liked , at positions of need. Even if you dont like the picks I will say Gruden/Mayock address positions of need.

I don't see a single player on the list that changes our fortunes. I still remember what it felt like when we drafted guys like Marcus Allen and Howie Long. And to a lesser extent, guys like Greg Townsend. You knew. You felt it. Guys who were going to be the reason why we had more W's than L's.

I don't feel that way about this draft -- that we acquired one uniquely special player. But I still think it was an ok draft, even though I definitely would have gone after another DT. And maybe a gimmicky WR/returner with vision, speed and quicks.

Overall, I think our defense got better. Wishful thinking? We'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Time for the yearly grade the draft Class poll and for overall discussion on players.

Raiders Draft Class Grades:

Alex Leatherwood OT 17th overall (1st): B-
    Leatherwood is going to be a good RT for the Raiders. The value wasn't great with the 17th overall pick. Most saw Darrisaw higher then Leatherwood who went 24th. There were reports that Ravens wanted Leatherwood with their pick so the likelihood that we could have gotten Leatherwood in round 2 like some have said seems unlikely. Leatherwood fits what Cable wants for a OL. Should come in and be a day one starter at RT. Grade a little lower mostly because of the overall value of the pick.

Trevon Moehrig S 43rd overall (2nd): A+
    Raiders desperately needed a FS to paid with Abram and Moehrig at 43 is amazing value. Many people projected Moehrig to be our pick at 17th overall. Moehrig will be a day one starter and is one of the better values in the draft. Our defense is instantly better with him on the field.

Malcolm Koonce DE 76 overall (3rd): C
    Raiders go back to Buffalo for an edge rusher. Koonce is a small school edge rusher who needs to bulk up some. Mayock stated he reminds him of Yannick who they recently signed this offseason. Raiders had one of the worst pass rushes last year and Koonce can develop in one but he likely isnt a big contributor right away. This feels like a multi year development guy.

Divin Deablo S/LB 80th overall (3rd): B
    I really like Deablo. Good value here 80 overall. Smart player who can play anywhere on the defense. Played safety in college but Raiders drafted him to play WLB in the NFL so he is going to have to learn a new position in the NFL. Bradley always has small coverage LB so Deablo fits this role.

Tyree Gillespie S 143rd overall (4th): B-
    4 round in and Raiders have now drafted 3 safeties though they plan to convert Deablo to LB as I mentioned. Raiders did need 1 starting S but not sure 3 were needed. After the draft Mayock stated Gillespie had a high grade and they couldnt pass up on the value at a certain point. Hard hitting S. Good back up for Abram. I like the player and the value with the pick but still seems a bit much for selections for this position.

Nate Hobbs CB 167th overall (5th): B
    Once you get to this point in the draft its about finding good talent that can be developed. Nate Hobbs has the size athletic traits that fit the system Bradley runs. He needs to be more consistent in coverage and can be too aggressive at times. The tools are there though and is a hard worker from everything ive seen.

Jimmy Morrissey C/G 230th overall (7th): B
    Morrissey is another OL that fits the mold of what Cable wants. High RaS athletic score. 4 year starter after being a walk on. Brings depth and competition for center. Morrissey has a good chance to make the roster as the Raiders primary back up center and a flex guard.

Overall Id give the Grade a B. Some good players, not always the best value but Raiders needed defense and the certainly spent many picks on that side of the field.
    It is really going to be up to the coaching staff to get these guys on board and ready to play smart, tough, and disciplined football. I believe that if you have a good teacher then you can produce a great student with the right encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I don't see a single player on the list that changes our fortunes. I still remember what it felt like when we drafted guys like Marcus Allen and Howie Long. And to a lesser extent, guys like Greg Townsend. You knew. You felt it. Guys who were going to be the reason why we had more W's than L's.

I don't feel that way about this draft -- that we acquired one uniquely special player. But I still think it was an ok draft, even though I definitely would have gone after another DT. And maybe a gimmicky WR/returner with vision, speed and quicks.

Overall, I think our defense got better. Wishful thinking? We'll find out soon enough.
    My selection at DT would have been Bobby Brown from Texas A&M in the latter rounds. I think that Gus' mentality is that he is going to find his Raiders versions of Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas from this group of DBs/LBs.

My 5 favorite picks:

Leatherwood: A- He is going to be better than a lot of people think. Good pick, maybe a little early. Doesn't really matter though, the draft is over, if he was a 1st or 2nd round pick, he would start for us. He is a mauler in the run game, needs a little refinement in the passing game, but film shows he can hold his own.

Moehrig is the guy we needed in the back end of the D. Great skills. LOVE this selection. A+++

Koonce: A- Kid has a nose for the ball, good hard hitter, good angles. Edge rusher that will replace that kid we got from Tampa.

Deablo: B+ - Same goes with this kid. He's versatile, hard hitting. I like his potential.

Morrissey: A- I really like this pick. Having a back up center is important, we can bring him along, build him up, train him to fill in at guard just in case. He's a solid player and a steal in the seventh.
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 05-04-2021 at 04:38 PM.

"...prone to stoogery.".

You forgot Hobbs and Gillespie.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    You forgot Hobbs and Gillespie.

Exactly. Top 5 picks out of 7 is pretty generous Wolfe 🤣

I am still evaluating, I did mention that those were the 5 I liked. Not intending to throw BS about two other guys I know nothing about.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I am still evaluating, I did mention that those were the 5 I liked. Not intending to throw BS about two other guys I know nothing about.
    Too reasonable. Not what I wanna see on the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Too reasonable. Not what I wanna see on the internets.

Internets. Plural. I love it. Stay tuned tomorrow for my 2 part series: top 6 picks and bottom 6 picks. It will be riveting.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    Internets. Plural. I love it. Stay tuned tomorrow for my 2 part series: top 6 picks and bottom 6 picks. It will be riveting.
    I canít waits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast