Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    If Sanchez keeps playing like this then he is definitely gone soon. Seems like they already contemplated moving on from him this offseason, can't imagine the leash will be too long
    He won't be gone. No one will want him

He had a couple of good ABs tonight. Hopefully he can build on that. He just missed one to right center an he took a good walk.

He needs someone to hit him with a hammer, not a crumpet and cup of tea.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He won't be gone. No one will want him

He had a couple of good ABs tonight. Hopefully he can build on that. He just missed one to right center an he took a good walk.

He needs someone to hit him with a hammer, not a crumpet and cup of tea.
    it did not cost the yanks in the 7th but a ball that was not foul tipped he dropped giving the astros another at bat

why cant gary catch balls that should be caught he is slow to react first pitch by loaisiga outside corner gary did not move his glove it went back to the screen

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Assuming the team keeps getting better and looks like a contender at the deadline, I'd like ownership to decide to go for the championship rather than sit tight and do nothing like they have the last few seasons. Give me a title run over a prospect who won't be ready for 6 years if he ever reaches the majors to begin with.
    absolutely agree with you i would much prefer them do something this yr instead of nothing like the last few yrs. Realistically though i just don't see Hal and Cashman eating a large chunk of money and give up a big prospect package for a rental. Maybe they could have a 72hr to work out an extension or something. I would be absolutely blown away if they gave up Dominguez, Gil or Medina AND take on a ton of salary .

I just think if they make a big deadline type deal for a starter it will be the Sonny Gray type IMO. Someone who is still young and has multiple yrs of control left not a 36yr old rental that has 28m left on his deal as of the first of this month

From the looks of what we have seen so far this season, our pitching isn't going to be an issue especially with everyone we have coming.

I could see them looking at a Jon Grey type from Colorado is they need a mid rotation starter. They've been connected to him since they drafted him out of HS

IMO looking at this team as it is right now , If they upgrade , i think a contact LHed or SH would be a great addition at this point. If a really good backup catcher became available i could see that as a need as well

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yes I would . If it meant they were taking Sanchez too
    Nope, no adds or substitutes Max and 7m for the rest of the yr for Loaisiga and Wells ? would ya

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Nope, no adds or substitutes Max and 7m for the rest of the yr for Loaisiga and Wells ? would ya
    No I wouldn’t . That means Sanchez gets extended for sure .

Well i hope in the nicest way possible that Sanchez has an elbow contusion that he needs to go on the IL for. That way he could go down and work rehabbing against AA or AAA pitching to hopefully get his confidence back. He genuinely looked relieved that he was able to get those 2 walks in those big spots, so he didn't take a chance of popping out/ striking ok. He looks like he is trying not to make a mistake at the plate instead of trying to hit the ball.

IMO so much of this has to be in his head. IMO the only chance they have, however small it might be as a last ditch effort to see if he has anything left, would be to let him work against some AA and AAA pitching and see if he can't get his confidence back. They might as well try something because at this point Chirinos is the much better defensive catcher and would make far more sense as Higgy's backup

Well i hope in the nicest way possible that Sanchez has an elbow contusion that he needs to go on the IL for. That way he could go down and work rehabbing against AA or AAA pitching to hopefully get his confidence back. He genuinely looked relieved that he was able to get those 2 walks in those big spots, so he didn't take a chance of popping out/ striking ok. He looks like he is trying not to make a mistake at the plate instead of trying to hit the ball.

IMO so much of this has to be in his head. IMO the only chance they have, however small it might be as a last ditch effort to see if he has anything left, would be to let him work against some AA and AAA pitching and see if he can't get his confidence back. They might as well try something because at this point Chirinos is the much better defensive catcher and would make far more sense as Higgy's backup
    I am not convinced going back to the minors would help Sanchez enough . They have given this guy every chance so far, when is it time to just cut him loose ?

I believe Judge is 5Ks in 5 ABs. A Golden Sombero is 4Ks in 4 ABs, but I can't ever recall anyone getting 5. Is there even a name for what Judge did tonite.
    On a more positive note on ESPN they just announced that Stanton's hit gave him 17 for his last 27, raising his BA by 150 points! Wow!

Come on man, even if Wells was traded the still have Breauxs and Siegler starting off in high A , as well quite a few other high ceiling pitching specs as well as Higgy still being under contract. Unless Gary is able to have a similar yr to what he did in 19, both this yr and next, there is zero chance he gets extended ... If he's not hitting like he is now he basically has zero value.

Barring a miracle turn around our next big time starting catcher is in the MILB for us now or on another teams roster, there is just no way Sanchez is going to be our starter for the nest 3-5yrs or how ever long your worried about them extending him for . With this kinda start i would genuinely be surprised if he was even on the team to begin next yr

Come on man, even if Wells was traded the still have Breauxs and Siegler starting off in high A , as well quite a few other high ceiling pitching specs as well as Higgy still being under contract. Unless Gary is able to have a similar yr to what he did in 19, both this yr and next, there is zero chance he gets extended ... If he's not hitting like he is now he basically has zero value.

Barring a miracle turn around our next big time starting catcher is in the MILB for us now or on another teams roster, there is just no way Sanchez is going to be our starter for the nest 3-5yrs or how ever long your worried about them extending him for . With this kinda start i would genuinely be surprised if he was even on the team to begin next yr
    That’s the thing if wells is dealt , his replacement is in high A ball now . That is atleast 2 years away . Sorry but I don’t trade wells if I am not planning on extending Sanchez .

giancarlo carrying the yanks he was great i the playoffs last year since we cant move him but we can move judge instead of giving him any long term contract

stanton is the 4th yankee to get 17 hits in a 6 game span since 1961 i heard

Lindor is currently batting .167 for the Mets. Maybe it was a good thing the Yankees didn't do that trade.

Yankees pitchers now own the lowest ERA (3.02) in the AL this season and second-lowest in the Majors, trailing only the San Diego Padres (2.79), per the team game notes. anyone else know the Padres pitching coach is our good old buddy Larry Rothchild, how that happened i'll never understand.

Solid job by Monty tonight. He clearly didn't have his best stuff but stuck with it and got a quality start for his effort. 6IP,8H, 3ERS 4KS, 0 BBS is a pretty solid line against a pretty good lineup. If he can get out of a game like tonight when he clearly didn't have much working , that really represents a big evolution in his pitching development IMO. He's gotten his ERA down to a fairly respectable 4.39 ERA. Has Higgy caught Monty yet this yr? I'd really like to see what the difference with him would be throwing to Higgy vs Sanchez

How good did Loaisiga look tonight? He took the ball in the 8th inning of a tie game and retires their heart of the order in order in 13 pitches. For a guy who has very little experience late in games to come in and sit down Altuve, Brantley and Bregman in very quick order. He is quickly becoming an elite reliever that we can trust in any spot. He has stepped up so huge this yr, which we desperately needed someone to, that he has shown he can handle being called in to handle any situation we need him to. His ability to go multiple innings effectively is absolutely a huge bonus. When Brit comes back, Loaisiga could be an amazing fireman for us. He should be able to fill that Betances/Kanhle role that we have missed since Kahnle got hurt last yr .

This is the best i've ever seen Chappy look. Since he's added the split he's become a true 3 pitch pitcher and basically unhittable. He's also throwing noticeably harder this yr than last yr. Last yr he seemed like he was more 98-99 and occasionally touched a 100. This yr he's more 98-100 even touching 103. He's just been flat unhittable...

Considering where our pitching has been ranked for yrs, i think you have to give alot of credit to guys like Cressey and Briend but IMO Blake is doing a fantastic job. He obviously has the ear and respect of all his pitchers because of how completely they have bought into his pitching philosophies

Offensively, Stanton is unconscious. Going back to last yrs playoffs this is pretty much everything we could hope for from him. He's absolutely put this team on his back offensively and played a monster part of this teams turn around.

Hicks clearly needs to be a platoon guy, he flat can't hit Rhed pitchers

The rest of the offenense was fine, it was a great win.

I do think with the way that Frazier and Gardy have hit it really wouldn't surprise me if Andujar got a look in LF. He's played 2 nights in a row in LF and was 2-4, HR, 2 RBI, sac fly at the plate tonight. I know he looked awful defensively in LF in 20 but with as hard of worker, his elite athletism and his plus, plus arm there is no reason he couldn't make that same transition for 3rd to LF.

Andujar when healthy has as good of bat as Clint and he is far more of a contact line drive type hitter. The Yanks have held onto him this long, they might as well and use him and findout what they have. If he hits anything close to how he hit in the past, he would be a perfect addition to this lineup. Gardy isn't play well enough to be the starter, Frazier certainly hasn't taken hold of the job like we thought he would, its hard to imagine that he could be worse than either Gardy or Frazier have been.

Vot had another big night with a HR and a 2B so he looks like he's very ready to come back. From what i've seen so far this yr the Yanks have really, really missed Voit batting in the middle of that order. I think the minute he's healthy you call him up and hit him 4th. They really haven't had anyone that has looked good in that role all yr. I think were going to start seeing Judge get better pitches to hit with Voit protecting him vs Odor, Gio, Torres and Fords

Stanton just can't keep carrying this team offensively but i could see Voit and Andujar being the exact kinda jump start this lineup could use.

I would bet on Cole being absolutely dominate tomorrow , helping us complete a much needed sweep against these tools. I'll say Cole 7 2/3rds 1ER, 12KS, 4H, 1BB.

Were above .500 and are doing it against another good team, let finish it of tomorrow

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast