Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 320
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,913
    a soft throwing lefty against the right hand power of houston i am surprised the yanks are only trailing by 1 run

  2. #152
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Aren't those the starts that analysts always talk about regarding "gutting it out" and how important it is to be able to get it done when you don't have your best stuff?
    Which was exactly my point when I posted this morning, the inning really could have gotten out of control but he gutted it out as most have stated. Sadly we have a couple posters here who can only see the negative in any situation no matter what

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,736
    I'd seriously rather have a Kratz type catcher as a backup than Sanchez. Get his lazy *** off the team. Get a leader in that backup spot.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,106
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Montgomery just doesn't have the stuff to put guys away and his command isn't too good either. Hopefully he is replaced at the deadline.
    IMO he fine for a 5th starter but if your expecting him to be anymore than that on a consistent basis, I think people would be disappointed

    I agree about hoping they can upgrade him around the deadline. IMO, with Sevy, Dave, Schmidt, King and eventually guys like Gil and Medina, who both had monster debuts last night, they'll easily be able to improve that spot in the rotation.

    I do think being LHed and that gutsy performance in game 4 of theplayoffs last yr will allow him a but longer reach than someone like German IMO

    I would absolutely love to see them trade for Scherzer. Cole, Scherzer, Kluber and Sevy would be a wicked playoff rotation. That being said between how much money he has left on his deal, what the Nats want back I'm not sure it would be worth it for a couple months of Scherzer AND still have to take on a minimum of 20m

    If you can get it done for a Schmidt or Garcia and they eat a bunch of money i think you have to make that deal. There is no way the Yanks are going to give up guys like Dominguez, Medina, Gil, Wells ect and have to eat salary.

    The other thing is if they decided to pickup 20m or more that would take them into the 2nd LT level. That would mean a loss in 10 spots in the draft and i believe atleast 1m in IFA money. IMO the biggest mistake about that is if we lost IFA money it would likely cost us signing Roderick Arias. Yeah he's only 15 but he's going to have the same kind of hype around him that we saw with Vlad JR,Wander Franco and probably to a lesser extent Jasson.

    He's a legit 5 tool players with all his tools being plus or better, plus he's a switch hitting SS with power from both sides. He has an excellent feel for barreling the ball, has great bat speed and makes adjustments/ plays in games that would make you think he is much older.

    Like i said i would love to have Max but since the pitching hasn't been a huge concerning issue to this point, I feel the cost of trading for him, eating all the money and likely losing out on Arias, who has been called the next generational IFA talent is way to much to lose for a rental

  5. #155
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    IMO he fine for a 5th starter but if your expecting him to be anymore than that on a consistent basis, I think people would be disappointed

    I agree about hoping they can upgrade him around the deadline. IMO, with Sevy, Dave, Schmidt, King and eventually guys like Gil and Medina, who both had monster debuts last night, they'll easily be able to improve that spot in the rotation.

    I do think being LHed and that gutsy performance in game 4 of theplayoffs last yr will allow him a but longer reach than someone like German IMO

    I would absolutely love to see them trade for Scherzer. Cole, Scherzer, Kluber and Sevy would be a wicked playoff rotation. That being said between how much money he has left on his deal, what the Nats want back I'm not sure it would be worth it for a couple months of Scherzer AND still have to take on a minimum of 20m

    If you can get it done for a Schmidt or Garcia and they eat a bunch of money i think you have to make that deal. There is no way the Yanks are going to give up guys like Dominguez, Medina, Gil, Wells ect and have to eat salary.

    The other thing is if they decided to pickup 20m or more that would take them into the 2nd LT level. That would mean a loss in 10 spots in the draft and i believe atleast 1m in IFA money. IMO the biggest mistake about that is if we lost IFA money it would likely cost us signing Roderick Arias. Yeah he's only 15 but he's going to have the same kind of hype around him that we saw with Vlad JR,Wander Franco and probably to a lesser extent Jasson.

    He's a legit 5 tool players with all his tools being plus or better, plus he's a switch hitting SS with power from both sides. He has an excellent feel for barreling the ball, has great bat speed and makes adjustments/ plays in games that would make you think he is much older.

    Like i said i would love to have Max but since the pitching hasn't been a huge concerning issue to this point, I feel the cost of trading for him, eating all the money and likely losing out on Arias, who has been called the next generational IFA talent is way to much to lose for a rental
    I watched Max pitch on Sunday he pitched a heck of a game ,went the whole way matter of fact and I was thinking his price just may have gone up. Iíd love to have him as well I was having Justin Verlander flash backs when we discussed this last week. To make matters worse no one in that division is running away with it so even though the Nats arenít playing great ball theyíre certainly still in it. I guess we root for them to do poorly?
    But I donít give up Gill, Medina, Dominquez etc and I donít want to be picking up 20 million in salary.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,106
    Stanton is just on another planet... he's completely carrying this team on his back... Between what Stanton did in the playoffs and the start he's off to this yr, his last 40-50 games have been special

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,736
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    IMO he fine for a 5th starter but if your expecting him to be anymore than that on a consistent basis, I think people would be disappointed

    I agree about hoping they can upgrade him around the deadline. IMO, with Sevy, Dave, Schmidt, King and eventually guys like Gil and Medina, who both had monster debuts last night, they'll easily be able to improve that spot in the rotation.

    I do think being LHed and that gutsy performance in game 4 of theplayoffs last yr will allow him a but longer reach than someone like German IMO

    I would absolutely love to see them trade for Scherzer. Cole, Scherzer, Kluber and Sevy would be a wicked playoff rotation. That being said between how much money he has left on his deal, what the Nats want back I'm not sure it would be worth it for a couple months of Scherzer AND still have to take on a minimum of 20m

    If you can get it done for a Schmidt or Garcia and they eat a bunch of money i think you have to make that deal. There is no way the Yanks are going to give up guys like Dominguez, Medina, Gil, Wells ect and have to eat salary.

    The other thing is if they decided to pickup 20m or more that would take them into the 2nd LT level. That would mean a loss in 10 spots in the draft and i believe atleast 1m in IFA money. IMO the biggest mistake about that is if we lost IFA money it would likely cost us signing Roderick Arias. Yeah he's only 15 but he's going to have the same kind of hype around him that we saw with Vlad JR,Wander Franco and probably to a lesser extent Jasson.

    He's a legit 5 tool players with all his tools being plus or better, plus he's a switch hitting SS with power from both sides. He has an excellent feel for barreling the ball, has great bat speed and makes adjustments/ plays in games that would make you think he is much older.

    Like i said i would love to have Max but since the pitching hasn't been a huge concerning issue to this point, I feel the cost of trading for him, eating all the money and likely losing out on Arias, who has been called the next generational IFA talent is way to much to lose for a rental
    Assuming the team keeps getting better and looks like a contender at the deadline, I'd like ownership to decide to go for the championship rather than sit tight and do nothing like they have the last few seasons. Give me a title run over a prospect who won't be ready for 6 years if he ever reaches the majors to begin with.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    38,631
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Which was exactly my point when I posted this morning, the inning really could have gotten out of control but he gutted it out as most have stated. Sadly we have a couple posters here who can only see the negative in any situation no matter what


    Like they will see that Sanchez bat as a negative because he was patient and took a walk



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    38,631
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    a soft throwing lefty against the right hand power of houston i am surprised the yanks are only trailing by 1 run
    Why? Because a guy who can pitch and keep hitters off balance can't succeed?



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Now tonight I will say Monty did good . 3 runs in 6 innings no hrs , is a good start considering he didnít have his best stuff tonight .

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Which was exactly my point when I posted this morning, the inning really could have gotten out of control but he gutted it out as most have stated. Sadly we have a couple posters here who can only see the negative in any situation no matter what
    Gutted out or not , the offense and bullpen bailed him out last night in the end

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,106
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I watched Max pitch on Sunday he pitched a heck of a game ,went the whole way matter of fact and I was thinking his price just may have gone up. Iíd love to have him as well I was having Justin Verlander flash backs when we discussed this last week. To make matters worse no one in that division is running away with it so even though the Nats arenít playing great ball theyíre certainly still in it. I guess we root for them to do poorly?
    But I donít give up Gill, Medina, Dominquez etc and I donít want to be picking up 20 million in salary.
    ??? IMO i'm not sure what you root for. I guess if you want Max, you hope that they continue playing like trash. BTW anyone else see that Stras is hurt again and the other LHed ace everyone thought we had to have, Patrick Corbin is off to a 1-3 start with an 8.10 ERA and a negative war already. Thats on top of posting a 4.66 ERA last yr.

    If you want Max, which i don't with the current cost, I think you have to root for both the Nats to keep underperforming and multiple members of our rotation to struggle??

    In all reality , while i could see the Yanks dealing for pitching help at the deadline, but i just don't think it will be Max based on what we are hearing they are looking for in return. Cashman hates trading top specs, especially top pitching specs for rentals. He would much rather wait 2 months and just pay once.

    IF, they do make a move for a big arm around the deadline, i would bet on it being someone that has atleast a couple yrs of control like a Castillo. If Hal is going to spend the money and Cash is going to use his prospect capital i would be shocked if it was a rental.

    1 thing i would bet the farm on is they won't be trading Deivi, Dominguez, Gil, Wells or Medina and picking up a ton of money. If they even consider moving those any of those guys it would be for a young, controllable, long term asset

    Heres a would ya for you guys. Washington eats all but 7m left on Maxs deal but want Loaisiga and Wells in return, Would Ya?

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I'd seriously rather have a Kratz type catcher as a backup than Sanchez. Get his lazy *** off the team. Get a leader in that backup spot.
    Cant argue with that . But I will be surprised if he is moved this season

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    ??? IMO i'm not sure what you root for. I guess if you want Max, you hope that they continue playing like trash. BTW anyone else see that Stras is hurt again and the other LHed ace everyone thought we had to have, Patrick Corbin is off to a 1-3 start with an 8.10 ERA and a negative war already. Thats on top of posting a 4.66 ERA last yr.

    If you want Max, which i don't with the current cost, I think you have to root for both the Nats to keep underperforming and multiple members of our rotation to struggle??

    In all reality , while i could see the Yanks dealing for pitching help at the deadline, but i just don't think it will be Max based on what we are hearing they are looking for in return. Cashman hates trading top specs, especially top pitching specs for rentals. He would much rather wait 2 months and just pay once.

    IF, they do make a move for a big arm around the deadline, i would bet on it being someone that has atleast a couple yrs of control like a Castillo. If Hal is going to spend the money and Cash is going to use his prospect capital i would be shocked if it was a rental.

    1 thing i would bet the farm on is they won't be trading Deivi, Dominguez, Gil, Wells or Medina and picking up a ton of money. If they even consider moving those any of those guys it would be for a young, controllable, long term asset

    Heres a would ya for you guys. Washington eats all but 7m left on Maxs deal but want Loaisiga and Wells in return, Would Ya?
    Yes I would . If it meant they were taking Sanchez too

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Cant argue with that . But I will be surprised if he is moved this season
    If Sanchez keeps playing like this then he is definitely gone soon. Seems like they already contemplated moving on from him this offseason, can't imagine the leash will be too long

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •