Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I was very impressed with how Germans stuff looked last night. His velo, spin and movement was much better last night compared to earlier in the yr. He made a couple mistakes to very good hitters that got hit a long way, but he didn't cave, he kept fighting against a good Houston offense and kept us in the game. Pitchers are going to make mistakes and give up HRS, its limiting those mistakes and bouncing back that is important, IMO. Its the crooked numbers that kill u and German limited those last night. He certainty wasn't at his best but i'll gladly take that as one of his poor to mediocre starts. 3ER in 5IP with 6K's, 1BB is hardly bad..

I really thought it was a positive step German could build on. He clearly didnt have his best stuff after the 3rd IN but he was able to mix his pitches up enough that he kept us in the game and got thru 5

Torres has been making all the plays defensively at SS, other than the first week he's been very good on that side of the ball. Offensively the lack of power is getting concerning but considering all the HRs he hit in ST we know the power is still there. He's taking much better AB's lately, i think the power will eventually show up. He's just to good and talented of a hitter for it not to. I don't think he hits 30 plus again this yr be i'd be surprised if he didn't atleast hit 20-25 hr with a solid avg.

I think he's going to be one of the guys who will benefit quite a bit from having Voit back in the lineup

I didn't think German looked as comfortable pitching to Higgy as he usually does with Sanchez but that could be caused by a ton of things that have nothing to do with Higgy. Right now, IMO, Higgy should be starting atleast 3/5 of 5 games until he starts struggling or Sanchez gets hot (if thats possible)
    I do hope Sanchez does get really hot for a couple week right before the deadline so maybe they can get something for him. I was all for giving him another opportunity this yr because of all the promise he showed as recently as the 19 season but he;s just bad now. Even though his defense has noticably improved, it hasn't improved enough that he worth having in the lineup if he's not hitting.

He was so unbelievably good and hit so well at every single level he was ever at, i will never understand how he could go from so good to so bad. He used to crush FB's and now he can't even hit them. IMO they changed something they are never going to be able to fix. If you look at his swing from 16,17 or the 1st half of 19 and compare it to now it looks like a different guy..Its to bad because he looked like he could be an all time great when he first came up but at this point the roster might be better off with Higgy being the starter and Chiros being the back up .

I'm absolutely loving Stanton since he moved up in the order, he's had 3 3hit games and a 4 hit game in the last 5 games. I absolutely love that he's going up the middle or the opposite way and has even gone against the shift. He is just absolutely locked in right now. IMO they need to leave him hitting 2nd and Judge 3rd even when Voit gets back

I don't understand how Boone can keep running Hicks out there against RHed pitchers. He has completely lost his swing from the LH side. I just can't imagine that FLorial could possible be any worse at this point

exactly, if that is the kind of performance we get from him on his bad days, i'll gladly take it. He almost puts up a quality start, we win and were whining about his performance like he gave up 10Rs in 3 IN or something
    Because I donít think it was a good start itís whining ? Thatís just pure nonsense right there . I said he was not good last night . Thatís it . I am happy they wonít but stop ignoring the fact that the bullpen throwing 4 scoreless innings and the offense scoring 7 runs is what won them the game last night .

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    I would call it fair; however, he did give his team a chance to win,--and they did.
    Agree. All you ask from a starter, keep us in the game. Not great by any measure, but certainly not bad.

1 find where I said anything about you or even implied anything about u.
    2 non sense? Why don't u take the time to actually read the post before you decide to pop off
    3 did I say German was great last night? Nope. I said I was impressed with him grinding out 5IP when he made a couple of big mistakes early and didn't have his best stuff
    4 if last night is representative of a " bad outing" by German or any other 1 of our starters, I'd happily take it.

If one of backend starters can keep you close enough to win, like German did last night, your rotation is going to be in pretty respectable shape

As much as you would like it to be, it isn't always all about u
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-05-2021 at 07:55 PM.

When a pitcher has an off night all u really are looking for is him keeping the game close enough we still have a chance to win.

Thats exactly what German did against a tough lineup and didn't have anything close to his best stuff. If Germans performance lastbnight is considered a bad start for us this yr, I think we'll all be pretty happy with the quality of the starting pitching

Well your definition of bad is different than mine . Then again it shouldnít come as a surprise since it obviously doesnít take much to impress some people here

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well your definition of bad is different than mine . Then again it shouldnít come as a surprise since it obviously doesnít take much to impress some people here
    Troll

Especially from someone who is likely impressed with a happy meal and flush toilets

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    When a pitcher has an off night all u really are looking for is him keeping the game close enough we still have a chance to win.

Thats exactly what German did against a tough lineup and didn't have anything close to his best stuff. If Germans performance lastbnight is considered a bad start for us this yr, I think we'll all be pretty happy with the quality of the starting pitching
    Aren't those the starts that analysts always talk about regarding "gutting it out" and how important it is to be able to get it done when you don't have your best stuff?

Ignorance is bliss

The Astros are supposedly complaining about too much taunting from the fans? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    You mean the 30% capacity that is yelling? Wow. That is some whiny BS. Suck t up boys. You cheated. Don't cry about people calling you names because of it.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The Astros are supposedly complaining about too much taunting from the fans? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    You mean the 30% capacity that is yelling? Wow. That is some whiny BS. Suck t up boys. You cheated. Don't cry about people calling you names because of it.
    Yep. It is ridiculous. Crying that fans are being mean (when generally opposing fans are mean to other teams anyways) after a terrible cheating scandal.

Stanton is on fire , 2 run homerun .

that piece of hitting from Brantley was exactly why i've wanted him so badly for the last 5yrs +. Having that kind of LH bat to break up our lineup would make us so much tougher.

Stanton only hit that one 107.2, what a wuss

monty not a good match up vs houston as their best hitters are right handed

Montgomery just doesn't have the stuff to put guys away and his command isn't too good either. Hopefully he is replaced at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Aren't those the starts that analysts always talk about regarding "gutting it out" and how important it is to be able to get it done when you don't have your best stuff?
    why yes it is. Seeing young pitchers gut out a performance like German did last night helps them develop, gain valuable experience they can lean on in the future. Getting through tough spots can actually help a young pitcher develop that Moxy that they can call on in big spots later and can help make them a much better overall pitchers

Letting pitchers work through those kind of things early in the season can provide invaluable experience and memories that these kids can call upon in big spots later in the season.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast