Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Torres' defense has been awesome. Im inclined to believe his start was just a fluke. A short sample size anomaly. It feels good to have been right about that.

Offensively I am optimistic we will see improvement. The concerning part though is that he wasn't good in 2020 offensively either. Pitchers are adjusting to him and now he needs to adjust. He has been much better the last 5-6 games though, hitting over .300. Let's hope he is turning the corner. This is what we saw from Lemahiue just before he got back to his hitting ways this year.
    That's a great point. I think it's similar for Clint. I definitely believe they will both figure it out and go on tears.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That's a great point. I think it's similar for Clint. I definitely believe they will both figure it out and go on tears.
    I hope so, because all Clint brings to the team are tears.

Ignorance is bliss

A well played game by the Yankees. And nice DP from Torres late in the game. Team is starting to thaw out.

And who is leading the charge? The most hated Yankee, Big Mike!

When focused he kills the ball off of the bat.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Stanton looks like the player we were supposed to be getting since he has move into the #2 spot in the lineup... Even when Voit gets back they need to leave Stanton hitting 2nd... he's just in beast mode
    Day, why is that?

Because he is playing and he has more ups than downs when playing everyday. Rhythm is his key and that stays when playing everyday. Of course he will slump but I guarantee you that he will have more hot streaks than cold slumps if he plays regularly. And in the end it will be the player we expected to get. Last Oct proved that. Pressure doesn’t phase Big Mike.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Gotta be thrilled with last night on so many levels. Germann going 5 yeah he gave up 2 hr's but both solo shot's,usually those are the one's that don't hurt much,also I think a great mental part is although he gave up the leadoff homer in the 4th (and that ball might still be going) houston had a chance to really pile on the run's Germann really could have unraveled in that inning especially after Gurriel's double,but he wiggled out of it,and kudo's to Boone for letting him stay in there,hopefully that's a confidence builder.

Had to love Gleyber's D he looked terrific on that DP. I do think he'll come around as far as his hitting goes.

Another well called and played game by Higgy! Maybe we didn't need Molina who I wanted so badly in the off season? Thinking man's position!!

As much as I loved Stanton's HR how bout the long double to right center and the soft single to the right side? Him going the other way is a thing of beauty,I'm hoping he is really thinking while at the plate.

And our fans??? Man o man! give them all free taco's for their performance last night! I saw some really clever sign's and the booing was non stop! It is my hope that this continues throughout forever???

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Gotta be thrilled with last night on so many levels. Germann going 5 yeah he gave up 2 hr's but both solo shot's,usually those are the one's that don't hurt much,also I think a great mental part is although he gave up the leadoff homer in the 4th (and that ball might still be going) houston had a chance to really pile on the run's Germann really could have unraveled in that inning especially after Gurriel's double,but he wiggled out of it,and kudo's to Boone for letting him stay in there,hopefully that's a confidence builder.

Had to love Gleyber's D he looked terrific on that DP. I do think he'll come around as far as his hitting goes.

Another well called and played game by Higgy! Maybe we didn't need Molina who I wanted so badly in the off season? Thinking man's position!!

As much as I loved Stanton's HR how bout the long double to right center and the soft single to the right side? Him going the other way is a thing of beauty,I'm hoping he is really thinking while at the plate.

And our fans??? Man o man! give them all free taco's for their performance last night! I saw some really clever sign's and the booing was non stop! It is my hope that this continues throughout forever???
    Sorry but in regards to German , there wasn’t much to praise last night . I mean 3 runs in 5 innings is not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Sorry but in regards to German , there wasn’t much to praise last night . I mean 3 runs in 5 innings is not good at all.
    How would you define good? Two solo shots, 3ER in 5IP with 6K's, 1BB isn't bad.

Please define good.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Thank god he mentioned German's near quality start against an offense that you hyped up or you were going to drive yourself crazy with nothing to ***** about.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

Please define good.
    I would call it fair; however, he did give his team a chance to win,--and they did.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

Please define good.
    Let me explain my definition of good , 3 runs in 6 innings is the equivalent of a 4.5 era . 4 to 4.5 era is considered average . 3 runs in 5 innings is over a 4.5 era , that is below average . Therefore not good .
    The offense and bullpen bailed out German last night plain and simple.

Let me ask you this , if German did good last night like you said then why was he removed after just 83 pitches? He clearly had enough in the tank to atleast start the 6th .
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-05-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post

I was very impressed with how Germans stuff looked last night. His velo, spin and movement was much better last night compared to earlier in the yr. He made a couple mistakes to very good hitters that got hit a long way, but he didn't cave, he kept fighting against a good Houston offense and kept us in the game. Pitchers are going to make mistakes and give up HRS, its limiting those mistakes and bouncing back that is important, IMO. Its the crooked numbers that kill u and German limited those last night. He certainty wasn't at his best but i'll gladly take that as one of his poor to mediocre starts. 3ER in 5IP with 6K's, 1BB is hardly bad..

I really thought it was a positive step German could build on. He clearly didnt have his best stuff after the 3rd IN but he was able to mix his pitches up enough that he kept us in the game and got thru 5

Torres has been making all the plays defensively at SS, other than the first week he's been very good on that side of the ball. Offensively the lack of power is getting concerning but considering all the HRs he hit in ST we know the power is still there. He's taking much better AB's lately, i think the power will eventually show up. He's just to good and talented of a hitter for it not to. I don't think he hits 30 plus again this yr be i'd be surprised if he didn't atleast hit 20-25 hr with a solid avg.

I think he's going to be one of the guys who will benefit quite a bit from having Voit back in the lineup

I didn't think German looked as comfortable pitching to Higgy as he usually does with Sanchez but that could be caused by a ton of things that have nothing to do with Higgy. Right now, IMO, Higgy should be starting atleast 3/5 of 5 games until he starts struggling or Sanchez gets hot (if thats possible)
    I do hope Sanchez does get really hot for a couple week right before the deadline so maybe they can get something for him. I was all for giving him another opportunity this yr because of all the promise he showed as recently as the 19 season but he;s just bad now. Even though his defense has noticably improved, it hasn't improved enough that he worth having in the lineup if he's not hitting.

He was so unbelievably good and hit so well at every single level he was ever at, i will never understand how he could go from so good to so bad. He used to crush FB's and now he can't even hit them. IMO they changed something they are never going to be able to fix. If you look at his swing from 16,17 or the 1st half of 19 and compare it to now it looks like a different guy..Its to bad because he looked like he could be an all time great when he first came up but at this point the roster might be better off with Higgy being the starter and Chiros being the back up .

I'm absolutely loving Stanton since he moved up in the order, he's had 3 3hit games and a 4 hit game in the last 5 games. I absolutely love that he's going up the middle or the opposite way and has even gone against the shift. He is just absolutely locked in right now. IMO they need to leave him hitting 2nd and Judge 3rd even when Voit gets back

I don't understand how Boone can keep running Hicks out there against RHed pitchers. He has completely lost his swing from the LH side. I just can't imagine that FLorial could possible be any worse at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    I would call it fair; however, he did give his team a chance to win,--and they did.
    exactly, if that is the kind of performance we get from him on his bad days, i'll gladly take it. He almost puts up a quality start, we win and were whining about his performance like he gave up 10Rs in 3 IN or something

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Thank god he mentioned German's near quality start against an offense that you hyped up or you were going to drive yourself crazy with nothing to ***** about.
    Tmml

Yep. It was another actually, decent move by Boone. I would bet he could have gone back out for the 6th but let him leave on a positive note.
    It wasn't his best outing but it certainly wasn't poor.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Agreed. It was a decent outing. The team won which is the most important. He also got to go out on a positive note and I think it's good for his confidence.
    We need to remember, it was his 5th start in almost 2 years.

Ignorance is bliss

I think we all forget how few starts guys like Taillon,Kluber and German have had the last 2yrs. Alot of people are just expecting normal rust, early season struggles. With all 3 of German, Taillon and Kluber having missed 2yrs its likely that its going to take more starts than the average yrs to build up arm strength and knock off the rust

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast