Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Stanton looks like the player we were supposed to be getting since he has move into the #2 spot in the lineup... Even when Voit gets back they need to leave Stanton hitting 2nd... he's just in beast mode

terrible at bat by frazier he did not swing at any strike and hit into a double play we had a chance to blow the game wide open.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    My goodness When. he hits them, he hits them

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Stanton looks like the player we were supposed to be getting since he has move into the #2 spot in the lineup... Even when Voit gets back they need to leave Stanton hitting 2nd... he's just in beast mode
    Yeah they need to keep Stanton there and put voit in the 4th spot

Germans got the good stuff working tonight. His FB velo is 94-96, CB looks good and the CU looked great.

U gotta give Blake credit for getting these guys to throw more, quality CU. If you think about it, just so far this yr, this staff throwing more CU has been a big key to our early pitching success. Cole is using his CU way more and its helped him a great deal when he didn't have his best stuff. Kluber set a personnels record last night with the most swings and misses on his CU. Germans has a much improved CU that has definitely given him a better off speed pitch. King improved his CU and he hasn't given up a run yet this yr

The 2 guys its probably made the biggest difference with so far are probably Lasagna and Chapman.

Adding that improved CU and using it as his primary off speed pitch has transformed him from an OK BP arm to a guy that looks like he could be our next setup/closer.... what that pitch has done for him is remarkable

Even though Chappy has added a splitter, he's very much using it as his CU. IMO this is the best Chappy has been as a Yankee, IMO

Overall i think you could point to the increased usage as well as many greatly improved CU has been a big key to alot of our early season pitching success.

Hey Clown, I know coming into this season you were worried about how Blake would do. What do you think of the job he is doing so far?

I still want to see how Blake and Briend do with the development of our young pitchers. They have some of the best clay in all the minors, now they just have to mold that clay into successful MLB pitchers.

If how they are doing at the MLB level is any indication on what our pitching development is going to look like in the future, were going to be pretty happy in the future

Germans got the good stuff working tonight. His FB velo is 94-96, CB looks good and the CU looked great.

U gotta give Blake credit for getting these guys to throw more, quality CU. If you think about it, just so far this yr, this staff throwing more CU has been a big key to our early pitching success. Cole is using his CU way more and its helped him a great deal when he didn't have his best stuff. Kluber set a personnels record last night with the most swings and misses on his CU. Germans has a much improved CU that has definitely given him a better off speed pitch. King improved his CU and he hasn't given up a run yet this yr

The 2 guys its probably made the biggest difference with so far are probably Lasagna and Chapman.

Adding that improved CU and using it as his primary off speed pitch has transformed him from an OK BP arm to a guy that looks like he could be our next setup/closer.... what that pitch has done for him is remarkable

Even though Chappy has added a splitter, he's very much using it as his CU. IMO this is the best Chappy has been as a Yankee, IMO

Overall i think you could point to the increased usage as well as many greatly improved CU has been a big key to alot of our early season pitching success.

Hey Clown, I know coming into this season you were worried about how Blake would do. What do you think of the job he is doing so far?

I still want to see how Blake and Briend do with the development of our young pitchers. They have some of the best clay in all the minors, now they just have to mold that clay into successful MLB pitchers.

If how they are doing at the MLB level is any indication on what our pitching development is going to look like in the future, were going to be pretty happy in the future
    And right after you say how good German has been tonight and he blows the lead lol maybe itís you that needs to abide by mushís rules lol
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-04-2021 at 08:19 PM.

german has one bugaboo as john sterling would say giving up the long ball..

German was in completely control and his stuff looks filthy. This is the guy we saw in ST that we were hoping that we got to see right off the bat.

Ever since he's come back he's looked as good or better than he did when he was rolling in 19.

I absolutely love what we've been seeing with our starters lately. It seems like everyone behind Cole is trying to out due each other to establish themselves as our #2 starter.

If our rotation behind Cole keeps pitching this well, who goes where when Sevy comes back. If Sevy is able to get himself anything close to normal that rotation could be incredible.

Would you go Cole, Sevy, Kluber or Cole, Kluber, Sevy? I think i would go with Cole, Kluber Sevy. I like the idea of having a control/movement pitcher in between the 2 extreme power pitchers.

Speaking of Sevy, i got a message from my buddy that got to see Sevy's first full session throwing all his pitches. He said the ball was coming out of his hand so hard with minimum effort. He said that velo wise Sevy looks as strong or stronger than when he was healthy and his off speed stuff looks great. He said if there are no set backs, Sevy should be back late June, early July. Behind the scenes Sevy is pushing to get back into the rotation sooner because of how well he is feeling

German was in completely control and his stuff looks filthy. This is the guy we saw in ST that we were hoping that we got to see right off the bat.

Ever since he's come back he's looked as good or better than he did when he was rolling in 19.

I absolutely love what we've been seeing with our starters lately. It seems like everyone behind Cole is trying to out due each other to establish themselves as our #2 starter.

If our rotation behind Cole keeps pitching this well, who goes where when Sevy comes back. If Sevy is able to get himself anything close to normal that rotation could be incredible.

Would you go Cole, Sevy, Kluber or Cole, Kluber, Sevy? I think i would go with Cole, Kluber Sevy. I like the idea of having a control/movement pitcher in between the 2 extreme power pitchers.

Speaking of Sevy, i got a message from my buddy that got to see Sevy's first full session throwing all his pitches. He said the ball was coming out of his hand so hard with minimum effort. He said that velo wise Sevy looks as strong or stronger than when he was healthy and his off speed stuff looks great. He said if there are no set backs, Sevy should be back late June, early July. Behind the scenes Sevy is pushing to get back into the rotation sooner because of how well he is feeling
    Without a doubt Cole Kluber Sevy, I donít like giving hitters the option of being comfortable at the plate and the ability to dig their heels in. Iíd rather have the hitter looking in and out up and down. Definitely get a movement guy in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Without a doubt Cole Kluber Sevy, I donít like giving hitters the option of being comfortable at the plate and the ability to dig their heels in. Iíd rather have the hitter looking in and out up and down. Definitely get a movement guy in the middle.
    Cole , kluber and sevy . Great 1-2-3 right there

One more thing, letís hope we err on the side of caution with Sevy. Iím sure he feels great and the competitive athlete in him wants to get out there but If heís feeling that good I want him in October feeling great👍 ! Patience please

Can u imagine if we got the Klubot we've seen the last couple outings and Sevy at close to his best.

Those 3 at anywhere close to their best, would be as good of 1-2-3 in the playoffs as their is. I would say on par with the Dodgers and Padres.

IMO it would be the best in the AL. Id take Cole, Kluber, Sevy over Giolito, Keuchel, Lynn

Can u imagine if we got the Klubot we've seen the last couple outings and Sevy at close to his best.

Those 3 at anywhere close to their best, would be as good of 1-2-3 in the playoffs as their is. I would say on par with the Dodgers and Padres.

IMO it would be the best in the AL. Id take Cole, Kluber, Sevy over Giolito, Keuchel, Lynn
    So would I . My only worry is how much inning wise we will get from sevy this year.

One more thing, letís hope we err on the side of caution with Sevy. Iím sure he feels great and the competitive athlete in him wants to get out there but If heís feeling that good I want him in October feeling great👍 ! Patience please
    I agree 100% thatís why I feel they shouldnít bring him back until July

I absolutely 100% agree with erring on the side of caution with Sevy. That said if he's feeling and looking as strong as has been reported I'd like to see him up my the end of June.

My reasoning for that is he is going to have alot of rust, or one would assume so after missing all this time. Start him off by starting 2-3 innings at first and let him work up. Starting him by the end of June/ early July that would give him the better part of 3 months to build up, knock the rust off and be ready to backup Cole in the playoffs.

With all the starters we have, plus all the ones we have that are close and coming, I'm really not worried about how many innings we get from Sevy. The most important part is he is as ready as he can be for the playoffs.

If we get to the playoffs, thats what matters most and thats going to be when we need Sevy at his best

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast