Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 320
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    If you look at it from a business standpoint that probably makes sense. However from a career prospective, Sanchez is a massive disappointment. Sanchez went from being the best hitting catcher in baseball to someone, who might be lucky to get a backup catcher's role once he leaves the yankees. He might bounce around a couple of teams for a couple of years, with someone hoping he'll recapture his 2017 glory, and eventually he'll be sitting home watching games, at the age of 31, like Jesus Montero. If Gary ends this year with a BA under .200 that's what i project for him.
    Finally someone who sees my point . That is exactly what I have been saying. And no I donít think he will end the season hitting below .200 but he probably wonít hit a lot higher than than .200 either.
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-04-2021 at 02:50 PM.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    38,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    No the issue is with you people who first moved the goal posts to say Sanchez wasnít a disappointment 3 or 4 years ago and are clearly moving the goal posts even further by saying he is disappointing instead of a disappointment . All just to avoid admitting that I was right .
    No. Your failure to grasp what each of those mean is why you are again... wrong.

    Maybe if you had actually said, this and last season Sanchez has been a disappointment based on what he was previously, were would have all agreed. But you didn't. You made another blanket statement and now have to back peddle



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    38,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    If you look at it from a business standpoint that probably makes sense. However from a career prospective, Sanchez is a massive disappointment. Sanchez went from being the best hitting catcher in baseball to someone, who might be lucky to get a backup catcher's role once he leaves the yankees. He might bounce around a couple of teams for a couple of years, with someone hoping he'll recapture his 2017 glory, and eventually he'll be sitting home watching games, at the age of 31, like Jesus Montero. If Gary ends this year with a BA under .200 that's what i project for him.
    Agreed. But as a prospect, when he came into the league, he was not disappointing or a disappointment. He was an exciting player and we all thought he would be very good.



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,753
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nick I agree. Sanchez has a world of potential. Unlocking it and motivating him is the issue. He's known to be lazy. I also agree a change in scenery is best for all parties.

    From 2016-2019 he was a 26 and 66 guy, in 2019 he hit 34 bombs and drove in 77. I don't love the guy for reasons already stated, but that performance is far from a disappointment.
    Dr, why is it a disappointment? Because he is coming into his prime years and he should have been Manny Ramirez with the bat not Clay Bellenger of the Dynasty Yankees.

    I agree his first few years were not disappointments. But great players get better and throw in a career year in during the peak years. He should be having 30-40 bombs per year for 5-6 more years and what we witnessed during the last few has been bust material.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 05-04-2021 at 04:58 PM.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth


  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    If you look at it from a business standpoint that probably makes sense. However from a career prospective, Sanchez is a massive disappointment. Sanchez went from being the best hitting catcher in baseball to someone, who might be lucky to get a backup catcher's role once he leaves the yankees. He might bounce around a couple of teams for a couple of years, with someone hoping he'll recapture his 2017 glory, and eventually he'll be sitting home watching games, at the age of 31, like Jesus Montero. If Gary ends this year with a BA under .200 that's what i project for him.
    True. However he was one of the best catching prospects in all of MLB. He performed until recently. So again, his recent results are disappointing, but he is not a disappointment when considered in totality.

    Any comparison to Montero is unfair, misguided and misses the mark by a huge margin. Montero never performed anywhere near Sanchez at the ML level.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,745
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Dr, why is it a disappointment? Because he is coming into his prime years and he should have been Manny Ramirez with the bat not Clay Bellenger of the Dynasty Yankees.

    I agree his first few years were not disappointments. But great players get better and throw in a career year in during the peak years. He should be having 30-40 bombs per year for 5-6 more years and what we witnessed during the last few has been bust material.
    Nicky again, his recent performance is disappointing. No argument.

    For his sake I hope he is traded. Maybe the change in scenery will help him refocus and find what has been missing. I'd prefer he do as a Yankee, but that possibility seems to be fading fast.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    True. However he was one of the best catching prospects in all of MLB. He performed until recently. So again, his recent results are disappointing, but he is not a disappointment when considered in totality.

    Any comparison to Montero is unfair, misguided and misses the mark by a huge margin. Montero never performed anywhere near Sanchez at the ML level.

    What he was has nothing to do with what he is as of now and that is a disappointment

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,106
    dis∑ap∑point∑ment
    sadness or displeasure caused by the nonfulfillment of one's hopes or expectations.

    dis∑ap∑point∑ing
    failing to fulfill someone's hopes or expectations.

    Sanchez has failed to fulfill our hopes and expectation after such a tremendous start and a very good 2019 season. Yes i feel like if you are an All-Star and win a Silver Slugger Award, thats a pretty good season.

    Sanchez has been extremely disappointing because of all the promise and success he showed early and hasn't been able to repeat those elite yrs again.

    Sanchez is awful right now, no question. He's been atrocious at the plate for a while now. That said with him just making the MLB and performing at such a high level early, he was hardly an overall disappointment but extremely disappointing that he has failed to be able to play at an elite level.

    Guys like Brady Aiken, who was the number 1 overall pick and failed to make the majors, thats a massive disappointment. Never came close on producing anything close to expectations.

    Atleast Sanchez performed at an elite level for multiple season, its incredibly disappointing that he has failed to reproduce his success at the MLB level

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    38,631
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    dis∑ap∑point∑ment
    sadness or displeasure caused by the nonfulfillment of one's hopes or expectations.

    dis∑ap∑point∑ing
    failing to fulfill someone's hopes or expectations.

    Sanchez has failed to fulfill our hopes and expectation after such a tremendous start and a very good 2019 season. Yes i feel like if you are an All-Star and win a Silver Slugger Award, thats a pretty good season.

    Sanchez has been extremely disappointing because of all the promise and success he showed early and hasn't been able to repeat those elite yrs again.

    Sanchez is awful right now, no question. He's been atrocious at the plate for a while now. That said with him just making the MLB and performing at such a high level early, he was hardly an overall disappointment but extremely disappointing that he has failed to be able to play at an elite level.

    Guys like Brady Aiken, who was the number 1 overall pick and failed to make the majors, thats a massive disappointment. Never came close on producing anything close to expectations.

    Atleast Sanchez performed at an elite level for multiple season, its incredibly disappointing that he has failed to reproduce his success at the MLB level



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    dis∑ap∑point∑ment
    sadness or displeasure caused by the nonfulfillment of one's hopes or expectations.

    dis∑ap∑point∑ing
    failing to fulfill someone's hopes or expectations.

    Sanchez has failed to fulfill our hopes and expectation after such a tremendous start and a very good 2019 season. Yes i feel like if you are an All-Star and win a Silver Slugger Award, thats a pretty good season.

    Sanchez has been extremely disappointing because of all the promise and success he showed early and hasn't been able to repeat those elite yrs again.

    Sanchez is awful right now, no question. He's been atrocious at the plate for a while now. That said with him just making the MLB and performing at such a high level early, he was hardly an overall disappointment but extremely disappointing that he has failed to be able to play at an elite level.

    Guys like Brady Aiken, who was the number 1 overall pick and failed to make the majors, thats a massive disappointment. Never came close on producing anything close to expectations.

    Atleast Sanchez performed at an elite level for multiple season, its incredibly disappointing that he has failed to reproduce his success at the MLB level
    Yeah he has been a disappointment for the last 3 years abd now because he didnít fulfill the expectations that he gave after the 17 season .

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,106
    I wanted Brantley very badly for about 5yrs. His LHed bat would be a perfect compliment to this lineup.... he and DJ are the ultimate definition of professional hitters IMO

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Brekman with a homerun ...

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    38,631
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I wanted Brantley very badly for about 5yrs. His LHed bat would be a perfect compliment to this lineup.... he and DJ are the ultimate definition of professional hitters IMO
    100%



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Stanton 2 run shot , 2-1 Yankees

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Yankees beating the crap out of grienkie .

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •