Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't think Andujar is a disappointment.
    His bat is fantastic.
    If Stanton weren't on the team, he'd have a spot
    True. But, I do believe Andujar is strictly a DH, the same can not be said of Stanton.

In Miami Stanton had a glove, he played 140+ in the OF multiple times, what happened?

In fact he is currently ranked 3rd among active RFers in games played, 2nd in putouts, 2nd in assists, 2nd in range factor, 4th Total Zone Runs.

Are Yankees trying to protect the investment? Stanton didn't become a DH until he came to NY.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    IMO, Sanchez has been disappointing , but certainly not a complete disappointment. Sanchez was a big hype IFA signing and made it to the MLB, based on how few,16yr old 7 figure bonus babies, actually make it to the MLB, he's not a disappointment
    Sanchez came up in 16 and finished 2nd in the ROY voting. He had his best yr in 17, when he was the best offensive C in the game. He made the AS team and won a Silver Slugger award.

18 He only played in 89 games because of injury and struggled all yr.

In 19, especially in the first half, he looked like he regained his form and made it back to the AS game after a big first half. He also won another Silver Slugger award.

No defense for him the last couple yrs, he's been awful, DISAPPOINTING but hardly a disappointment.

Sanchez signed for 3.2M, MLB teams value 1 WAR being worth 8.6M per. Sanchez has a career WAR of 10.9, coming into this season, Sanchez has made about 9m in his MLB career. Using that formula Sanchez has been worth about 93.75M and only cost about 9m, vastly outperforming the Yanks investment in him.

Those IFA kids we spent close to 30m on and only 2 even reached AA are disappointments, Sanchez and Andujar have been disappointing

Has his results be extremely disappointing and i think we all though after his 1st couple yr he would be a star, looks like that ship has sailed but he's hardly been a total disappointment for his career
    I agree with everything.
    I find a very big difference between disappointing and a disappointment. "A disappointment" is a flat out, broad stroked, characterization.

Bird- Injuries
    Judge- Not a disappointment
    Frazier- Not a disappointment
    Torres- not a disappointment
    Andujar- His unfulfilled potential and glove are disappointing but he as a player and hitter is hardly a disappointment
    Sanchez- Annoying as hell. Underperforming but considering his production over his first few years, hardly a disappointment

Day, this initial thing started with posts like
    Half of them are disappointments or flamed out, to me, that is some un needed negative BS because how many teams would like to say they have 3 guys on their roster of starting caliber that came from their farm within a year of each other?
    And another guy who if he got his crap together would be a huge bonus
    And another who could become legit trade bait.

I see 5 successes. 3 more than the other 2 but I see 5 guys who have contributed significantly to this team
    That is not a disappointment.
    To each his own. If people want to see hall empty, go ahead. But if they want to continually cry about it? That's some BS.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 05-04-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

I agree with everything.
    I find a very big difference between disappointing and a disappointment. "A disappointment" is a flat out, broad stroked, characterization.
    Same here. I agree with it all.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    It also fully ignores contributions made to the team.

Ignorance is bliss

IMO, Sanchez has been disappointing , but certainly not a complete disappointment. Sanchez was a big hype IFA signing and made it to the MLB, based on how few,16yr old 7 figure bonus babies, actually make it to the MLB, he's not a disappointment
    Sanchez came up in 16 and finished 2nd in the ROY voting. He had his best yr in 17, when he was the best offensive C in the game. He made the AS team and won a Silver Slugger award.

In 19, especially in the first half, he looked like he regained his form and made it back to the AS game after a big first half. He also won another Silver Slugger award.

No defense for him the last couple yrs, he's been awful, DISAPPOINTING but hardly a disappointment.

Sanchez signed for 3.2M, MLB teams value 1 WAR being worth 8.6M per. Sanchez has a career WAR of 10.9, coming into this season, Sanchez has made about 9m in his MLB career. Using that formula Sanchez has been worth about 93.75M and only cost about 9m, vastly outperforming the Yanks investment in him.

Those IFA kids we spent close to 30m on and only 2 even reached AA are disappointments, Sanchez and Andujar have been disappointing

Has his results be extremely disappointing and i think we all though after his 1st couple yr he would be a star, looks like that ship has sailed but he's hardly been a total disappointment for his career
    More goal post moving , first it was he wasnít a disappointment years ago and now you are saying he is disappointing but not a disappointment.
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-04-2021 at 11:59 AM.

I think part of the issue is jorges' inability to grasp the subtlety in the distinction between disappointment and disappointing.

I think part of the issue is jorges' inability to grasp the subtlety in the distinction between disappointment and disappointing.
    No the issue is with you people who first moved the goal posts to say Sanchez wasnít a disappointment 3 or 4 years ago and are clearly moving the goal posts even further by saying he is disappointing instead of a disappointment . All just to avoid admitting that I was right .
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-04-2021 at 11:58 AM.

You make my head hurt.

I agree with everything.

Bird- Injuries
    Judge- Not a disappointment
    Frazier- Not a disappointment
    Torres- not a disappointment
    Andujar- His unfulfilled potential and glove are disappointing but he as a player and hitter is hardly a disappointment
    Sanchez- Annoying as hell. Underperforming but considering his production over his first few years, hardly a disappointment

Day, this initial thing started with posts like
    Half of them are disappointments or flamed out, to me, that is some un needed negative BS because how many teams would like to say they have 3 guys on their roster of starting caliber that came from their farm within a year of each other?
    And another guy who if he got his crap together would be a huge bonus
    And another who could become legit trade bait.

I see 5 successes. 3 more than the other 2 but I see 5 guys who have contributed significantly to this team
    That is not a disappointment.
    To each his own. If people want to see hall empty, go ahead. But if they want to continually cry about it? That's some BS.
    I just don't see how a guy who's outperformed the amount of money they Yanks have paid him by close to 10X could possibly be a disappointment. Math and reading comprehension are hard

I just don't see how a guy who's outperformed the amount of money they Yanks have paid him by close to 10X could possibly be a disappointment. Math and reading comprehension are hard
    So now you are saying he isnít a disappointment because of how little he makes lol wow . Give it up man , Sanchez had huge expectations of him when he first came up . And guess what? Over the last 3 years he hasnít really lived up to said expectations, in fact has has gone so far from initial expectations that he lost his starting job 2 times in less than a year . That is a classic example of being a disappointment .
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-04-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Today, would you have said that a year ago, two years?

That was my original and only point to Jorge. We were discussing prospects. I don't believe as a prospect he was a disappointment, he lived up to the hype but not his potential. Brien Taylor was a disappointment. Eric Duncan was a disappointment. Drew Henson was a disappointment. I think you get the drift. Some would argue Hughes and Joba were disappointments.
    We canít use Brien Taylor. That was an injury not performance issues. Now granted he got in a fight which caused his injury.

Sanchez came out smoking. People had him a 40/120 guy after his 2016 season and he turned into a bum. I still think Sanchez can still be productive but I highly doubt it will happen in NY. I can see him getting banished to Detroit when Austin Wells is ready to come up.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    We canít use Brien Taylor. That was an injury not performance issues. Now granted he got in a fight which caused his injury.

Sanchez came out smoking. People had him a 40/120 guy after his 2016 season and he turned into a bum. I still think Sanchez can still be productive but I highly doubt it will happen in NY. I can see him getting banished to Detroit when Austin Wells is ready to come up.
    Nick I agree. Sanchez has a world of potential. Unlocking it and motivating him is the issue. He's known to be lazy. I also agree a change in scenery is best for all parties.

From 2016-2019 he was a 26 and 66 guy, in 2019 he hit 34 bombs and drove in 77. I don't love the guy for reasons already stated, but that performance is far from a disappointment.

Nicky, Taylor was an injury. I don't know about you, BUT I was certainly disappointed never seeing him perform.

Sanchez will be traded, and mash. Too much water under the bridge in NY and he's the kinda guy that takes a lot of things to heart; poster boy for change of scenery

If you look at it from a business standpoint that probably makes sense. However from a career prospective, Sanchez is a massive disappointment. Sanchez went from being the best hitting catcher in baseball to someone, who might be lucky to get a backup catcher's role once he leaves the yankees. He might bounce around a couple of teams for a couple of years, with someone hoping he'll recapture his 2017 glory, and eventually he'll be sitting home watching games, at the age of 31, like Jesus Montero. If Gary ends this year with a BA under .200 that's what i project for him.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast