Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    But I wasnít talking more than 2 years ago . I was talking NOW . Talk about moving goal posts
    Talk about goal post moving, you sir are the master. Now we are talking today?

Ok in the redefined parameters I would agree on Sanchez, THIS current season thus far he's a huge disappointment. However in the original context of our discussion, as a prospect he clearly was not.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The only one in that group in dispute is Sanchez. I acknowledged Bird (injury) and Andujar (no glove) as disappointments.
    You can dispute that all you want but hitting below .200 for 900 at bats and losing his starting job twice within a year says differently .....

Talk about goal post moving, you sir are the master. Now we are talking today?

Ok in the redefined parameters I would agree on Sanchez, THIS current season thus far he's a huge disappointment. However in the original context of our discussion, as a prospect he clearly was not.
    There was no redefined parameters , my point was About NOW abd you know it . Even mush understood my point .

As a reminder here is my original post on this topic

ď Just proves that you canít depend on so many unproven prospects to totally pan out . Half of those players listed there have been disappointments or flame outs .Ē

See how I said totally panning out ? That means I was talking about now , the present . Not 3 years ago or so .
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-04-2021 at 09:21 AM.

Why do you bother responding to him ? I mean all he is doing is trolling , looking for a fight . Donít give him the satisfaction
    Pot meet kettle.

There was no redefined parameters , my point was About NOW abd you know it . Even mush understood my point .
    You my friend are exhausting. I could very easily go back, copy and paste your comment....But I am old and tired. Life is too short.

Was Gary a disappointment from 2016-2020?
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-04-2021 at 09:23 AM.

You my friend are exhausting. I could very easily go back, copy and paste your comment....But I am old and tired. Life is too short.
    I did you the favor and copied and pasted it in my post above . So again I didnít redefine any parameters

Was Gary a disappointment from 2016-2020?
    He has been a disappointment since 2018 , why? Because he has hit below .200 in his last 900 at bats and that goes back to 2018 , and in 2020 he lost his starting job .

Here is the proof of that claim too.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sp...ka/7395237002/
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-04-2021 at 09:42 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Instead of talking crap about those people why donít you PROVE that Sanchez , bird and andujar have not been disappointments so far . Come you know better , so prove an injury plagued first baseman that even cashman gave up on wasnít a disappointment . Prove that despite hitting below .200 in his last 900 at bats and losing his starting job twice within year , that Sanchez hasnít been a disappointment so far , I mean there are even talks of Sanchez being traded now . Prove that andujar hasnít been a disappointment after his injuries and now having no real place on this team because of his glove . Come on prove that all wrong instead of trolling
    1- I have never mentioned Bird. You did. Fact.
    2- Show that I hav e sung the praises of Sanchez. Prove I support him and think he's been good.
    3- Prove I have said anything about Andujar aside from I hope he gets back to what he was

So. You have again lied. As you do.
    As I am still waiting for those previous 20 posts that you commented on as breaking rules.

See Jorge. You lie. You run. You lie. You run

Why is Sanchez a disappointment? Why is Andujar?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    1- I have never mentioned Bird. You did. Fact.
    2- Show that I hav e sung the praises of Sanchez. Prove I support him and think he's been good.
    3- Prove I have said anything about Andujar aside from I hope he gets back to what he was

So. You have again lied. As you do.
    As I am still waiting for those previous 20 posts that you commented on as breaking rules.

See Jorge. You lie. You run. You lie. You run

Why is Sanchez a disappointment? Why is Andujar?
    Then why did you post that attacking post ? The conversation up to that point was about bird , Sanchez and andujar . And I have explained multiple times why Sanchez and andujar are disappointments . Just scroll up and read . Or better yet just read the post that you just replied to .

Then why did you post that attacking post ? The conversation up to that point was about bird , Sanchez and andujar . And I have explained multiple times why Sanchez and andujar are disappointments . Just scroll up and read . Or better yet just read the post that you just replied to .
    The constant negativity is was my first post. The continual picking and whining Also, I addressed no one. I just said posters. So if you find yourself in that category, good self acknowledgement.

The next post to which I responded was Mush's post in which I stated, you have every right to cry away but other posters have the right to call it out. Bad news Jorge, I'm far from the only one who does it.

Then I introduced this comment as evidence of ignorant negativity
    The only way the win at a 650 clip is if they play the Os and teams in the central?

You complain in the prospect thread about prospects and now you complain in here about prospects.
    That's what you do. Complain and criticize.
    And then mover the goal posts, run and hide

You didn't answer. The question and conversation was about 6 prospects. What was your view of Andujar as a prospect? What was it of Sanchez? Based on the info you had about them 4-5 years ago, what were you expecting? Because in order to be disappointed to such a degree, you need and expectation. So what was your view of them as prospects? Actually, what was your view of Bird? Judge? Frazier?
    Read, consider, re-read, reconsider, re-read, think hard. Then post.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 05-04-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

The only one in that group in dispute is Sanchez. I acknowledged Bird (injury) and Andujar (no glove) as disappointments.
    I don't think Andujar is a disappointment.
    His bat is fantastic.
    If Stanton weren't on the team, he'd have a spot

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Uh, yes he is....He is pitching Thur and that is the 3rd game of the series.

Hey, I'm old. Life can be confusing sometimes.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

IMO, Sanchez has been disappointing , but certainly not a complete disappointment. Sanchez was a big hype IFA signing and made it to the MLB, based on how few,16yr old 7 figure bonus babies, actually make it to the MLB, he's not a disappointment
    Sanchez came up in 16 and finished 2nd in the ROY voting. He had his best yr in 17, when he was the best offensive C in the game. He made the AS team and won a Silver Slugger award.

18 He only played in 89 games because of injury and struggled all yr.

In 19, especially in the first half, he looked like he regained his form and made it back to the AS game after a big first half. He also won another Silver Slugger award.

No defense for him the last couple yrs, he's been awful, DISAPPOINTING but hardly a disappointment.

Sanchez signed for 3.2M, MLB teams value 1 WAR being worth 8.6M per. Sanchez has a career WAR of 10.9, coming into this season, Sanchez has made about 9m in his MLB career. Using that formula Sanchez has been worth about 93.75M and only cost about 9m, vastly outperforming the Yanks investment in him.

Those IFA kids we spent close to 30m on and only 2 even reached AA are disappointments, Sanchez and Andujar have been disappointing

Has his results be extremely disappointing and i think we all though after his 1st couple yr he would be a star, looks like that ship has sailed but he's hardly been a total disappointment for his career

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I feel once the offense gets going consistently the team will start playing .650-700 ball for long stretches of the season. I hope the Yankee fans hammer them tonight! They stole our ring.

If they start playing that good they'll never finish last like you want them to.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Only way the play over .650 ball for long stretches is if they keep playing Baltimore and central division teams for most of the season

Well, they will be playing Baltimore and they won't be playing the Central most of the season.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast