Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 320
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,735
    And Iíd take a 38 yr old Bernie over Hicks anyday! Bernie suited up!
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The plan was

    Bird
    Sanchez
    Judge
    Torres
    Andujar
    Frazier

    Them mix in DJ, Stanton and Hicks and payroll would have been under control from 2018-2022
    Just proves that you canít depend on so many unproven prospects to totally pan out . Half of those players listed there have been disappointments or flame outs .

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    And Iíd take a 38 yr old Bernie over Hicks anyday! Bernie suited up!
    Bernie would atleast stay healthier right now than hicks lol

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Just proves that you canít depend on so many unproven prospects to totally pan out . Half of those players listed there have been disappointments or flame outs .
    Which half? Torres, Frazier, Judge, Sanchez?

    Bird, injuries got the best of him. His current slash: .244/.327/.333/.660 in Colorado.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,872
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    And Iíd take a 38 yr old Bernie over Hicks anyday! Bernie suited up!
    even in his last year of his career at 38 bernie hit 281 12 61 rbi's i take that over what your getting from hicks everytime..

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,366
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I want to punch these MFerís in the gut all series and then with Cole throwing gas in Game 3.

    Cole isn't set to pitch game 3. Would you settle for game 4?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Which half? Torres, Frazier, Judge, Sanchez?

    Bird, injuries got the best of him. His current slash: .244/.327/.333/.660 in Colorado.
    Sanchez and andujar have been disappointments, while bird flamed out with the yanks because of injuries

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    even in his last year of his career at 38 bernie hit 281 12 61 rbi's i take that over what your getting from hicks everytime..
    Went from bernie to cf to now having a 4th outfielder playing full time .. very sad

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Sanchez and andujar have been disappointments, while bird flamed out with the yanks because of injuries
    Love him or hate him, Sanchez is far from a disappointment. He's a 2X all star and Silver Slugger winner. He finished 2nd in ROY in 2016.

    This season has been disappointing. As mentioned by others he benefitted from Girardi and Pena's tutelage. Imo that is the missing variable. That said, a change in scenery may be in order.

    Andujar, a man without a position. He can hit. He also finished 2nd in ROY voting in 2018, a year he slashed .297 .328 .527 .855.

    Agree on Bird. Tons of potential never realized due to injury.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Love him or hate him, Sanchez is far from a disappointment. He's a 2X all star and Silver Slugger winner. He finished 2nd in ROY in 2016.

    This season has been disappointing. As mentioned by others he benefitted from Girardi and Pena's tutelage. Imo that is the missing variable. That said, a change in scenery may be in order.

    Andujar, a man without a position. He can hit. He also finished 2nd in ROY voting in 2018, a year he slashed .297 .328 .527 .855.

    Agree on Bird. Tons of potential never realized due to injury.
    Far from a dissapointment ? The guy is batting below .200 in his last 900 at bats and has now lost his starting job again . And what he did 3 plus years ago doesnít erase the disappointment he has largely been since then . See that is the problem right there, So much value is placed on what was done years ago that it has blinded some people to what the player has done in the years since then . As for andujar what have they gotten from him since 18? Nothing but an injury prone defensive liability . Did you forget that it was right after that same 18 season , the yanks traded for usrshela because of how bad andujar was with the glove ? He was being removed for defensive purposes during the playoffs that year! I never said neither were talented but they have been disappointments since breaking into the majors . And you canít deny that

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Bernie would atleast stay healthier right now than hicks lol
    Hicks hasn't been hurt in two years? Kinda a weird thing to whine about.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Hicks hasn't been hurt in two years? Kinda a weird thing to whine about.
    He has played less than 80 games in the last two years so of course he hasnít gone on the DL in 2 years . But he did hurt his back about a week or so ago .

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    He has played less than 80 games in the last two years so of course he hasnít gone on the DL in 2 years . But he did hurt his back about a week or so ago .
    I really wouldn't consider it an injury if he didn't miss any time.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,735
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Love him or hate him, Sanchez is far from a disappointment. He's a 2X all star and Silver Slugger winner. He finished 2nd in ROY in 2016.

    This season has been disappointing. As mentioned by others he benefitted from Girardi and Pena's tutelage. Imo that is the missing variable. That said, a change in scenery may be in order.

    Andujar, a man without a position. He can hit. He also finished 2nd in ROY voting in 2018, a year he slashed .297 .328 .527 .855.

    Agree on Bird. Tons of potential never realized due to injury.
    Dr, Sanchez is probably the biggest disappointment of the movement. He has already lost his job as starter.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth


  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I really wouldn't consider it an injury if he didn't miss any time.
    An injury is an injury and I believe he missed a game because of it.

    And btw he has been so injury prone that he is the only positional player that I have ever seen start a season with a back injury and need tommy John surgery by the end of the same season.
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-04-2021 at 05:46 AM.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •