Astros vs Yankees

Tue, May 4 ē 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: YES, ESPN

Astros
    Zack Greinke
    RHP
    2-1, 3.44 ERA, 27 SO
    Greinke is coming off his shortest outing of the year, a four-inning outing against the Mariners in which he allowed four earned runs. The veteran doesn't have a great track record against the Yankees, owning a 5.05 ERA in 15 career games (12 starts).

VS

Yankees
    Domingo German
    RHP
    2-2, 4.05 ERA, 19 SO
    GermŠn was sharp over seven scoreless innings in his most recent outing at Baltimore, picking up his second victory in as many starts. The righty is 0-1 with a 3.86 ERA in three career appearances (one start) vs. Houston.

Wed, May 5 ē 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: ATT SportsNet-SW, YES

Astros
    Luis Garcia
    RHP
    0-3, 2.70 ERA, 20 SO
    Despite getting stuck with the tough-luck loss, Garcia continued to impress in his most recent start against Seattle, when he pitched five innings of one-run ball with six strikeouts and no walks.

VS

Yankees
    Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    1-1, 4.39 ERA, 24 SO
    Montgomery took a no-decision in his most recent start, holding the Orioles to two runs and six hits over five innings in a 4-3 loss. Montgomery tossed only 74 pitches in that outing, down from a season high of 89.

Thu, May 6 ē 1:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: YES, ATT SportsNet-SW, MLBN (out-of-market only)

Astros
    Lance McCullers Jr.
    RHP
    2-1, 3.38 ERA, 30 SO
    McCullers is coming off his best start of the season, holding the Rays scoreless over seven innings with a season-high nine strikeouts. In his last two starts, McCullers has allowed just two earned runs over 13 innings.

VS

Yankees
    Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    4-1, 1.43 ERA, 62 SO
    Cole's 62 strikeouts are the second most of a Bombers hurler in any calendar month, behind only Ron Guidry's 64 in June 1978

Could be a tough series . They have scored more runs than anyone else in the AL . Itís their pitching thatís giving them problems . I think 2 of 3 for the Yankees as long as German doesnít take a step back

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Could be a tough series . They have scored more runs than anyone else in the AL . Itís their pitching thatís giving them problems . I think 2 of 3 for the Yankees as long as German doesnít take a step back
    i rather face houston with bad starting pitching then when their starters were tough

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i rather face houston with bad starting pitching then when their starters were tough
    That is true but despite their bad pitching they still have been hitting well

Anyone else think this is the best Chappy has been, for me this is the best i've seen him... Chapman has given up 2 hits this yr, the last was on April 12th. 24/3 K/BB, 24ks in 10IP 0.00ERA.... wow you gotta wonder if he keeps it up if he doesn't get some CY Young votes... Its ridiculously early but the 2 clear, clear front runners are Cole and CHappy.. Who do you guys give it to

Cole has been the best starter in the AL and Chappy has been the best closer. Loaisiga has been pitching at an AS level . Kluber, German, Taillon improving, best BP in AL... I would say Blake, Briend and Cressey are doing a HELL of a job so far...

For the last 4yrs we haven't been able to go 3 game without sticking someone on the IL. The only loss we've had so far in the regular season has been a 38yr old Oday, who has a violent arm motion. Cressey coming through

The pitching has gone from a huge question the last few yr and this yr, while extremely early, we've been tops in the AL. I love Cressey having these guys focus on throwing more CU and the success they have had with it

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Anyone else think this is the best Chappy has been, for me this is the best i've seen him... Chapman has given up 2 hits this yr, the last was on April 12th. 24/3 K/BB, 24ks in 10IP 0.00ERA.... wow you gotta wonder if he keeps it up if he doesn't get some CY Young votes... Its ridiculously early but the 2 clear, clear front runners are Cole and CHappy.. Who do you guys give it to

Cole has been the best starter in the AL and Chappy has been the best closer. Loaisiga has been pitching at an AS level . Kluber, German, Taillon improving, best BP in AL... I would say Blake, Briend and Cressey are doing a HELL of a job so far...

For the last 4yrs we haven't been able to go 3 game without sticking someone on the IL. The only loss we've had so far in the regular season has been a 38yr old Oday, who has a violent arm motion. Cressey coming through

The pitching has gone from a huge question the last few yr and this yr, while extremely early, we've been tops in the AL. I love Cressey having these guys focus on throwing more CU and the success they have had with it
    if chapman gets rest in between games he will keep it up but if you have to use him a lot back to back games he will be less effective..

24 Ks in 10 innings and only 2 hits with a 0.00 ERA. If he keeps it up, it would be the greatest pitching performance of all time. I know it's impossible to think about, but imagine 60 innings with 144 Ks and only 12 hits and a 0.00 ERA.It wouldn't matter what any other pitcher did.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    24 Ks in 10 innings and only 2 hits with a 0.00 ERA. If he keeps it up, it would be the greatest pitching performance of all time. I know it's impossible to think about, but imagine 60 innings with 144 Ks and only 12 hits and

a 0.00 ERA.It wouldn't matter what any other pitcher did.
    His walk year. That explains it all. He wants one more pay day.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

If Kluber and Taillon can stay healthy and effective and then with German performing the way he has been doing the rotation might be a force with Cole leading the way and Monty bringing up the rear.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

I want to punch these MFerís in the gut all series and then with Cole throwing gas in Game 3.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Ok back to .500

Now letís catch the RedSox and then hope their pitching crumbles before Sale returns because when he comes back they will trade for another starter if they stay in the race.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    No more Springer

But now Toronto can rake and their lineup can score!

Springer
    Giles
    Bichette
    Vlad Jr
    Lourdes
    Hernandez

If they get an ace they will be favorites.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

When is Zach back?

Damn pen is getting thin with O Day now.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Is Andujar available yet?

Trade him!
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

The plan was

Bird
    Sanchez
    Judge
    Torres
    Andujar
    Frazier

Them mix in DJ, Stanton and Hicks and payroll would have been under control from 2018-2022
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 05-03-2021 at 10:07 AM.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast