Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    20,813

    Round 5: Vikings select Central MO TE Zach Davidson with the No. 168 overall pick

    ZACH DAVIDSON
    TE, MINNESOTA VIKINGS
    May 1, 2021, 3:06 PM ET

    Vikings selected Central Missouri TE Zach Davidson with the No. 168 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

    Davidson (6'6/245) first learned how to play the tight end position as a sophomore in college, simultaneously being used as Central Missouri's punter (his position in high school) for three consecutive seasons. His splashy (yet extremely raw) tape includes a receiving touchdown (18) for every 2.8 catches against Division II competition throughout his career. He's a worthy stash option for the Vikings as a developmental No. 3 project and backup punter.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,646
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    ZACH DAVIDSON
    TE, MINNESOTA VIKINGS
    May 1, 2021, 3:06 PM ET
    Good or bad... He will catch 3+ touchdowns this season.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,646
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Good or bad... He will catch 3+ touchdowns this season.
    Any one else a little excited that he is going to wear #40. I probably miss Jim Kleinsasser more than I should but he was the Vikes TE when I first started playing football and I started as a TE. Seeing #40 at TE for the vikings just feels right. Hoping this kid turns out good and we get to see #40 on the field at TE again.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,744
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Any one else a little excited that he is going to wear #40. I probably miss Jim Kleinsasser more than I should but he was the Vikes TE when I first started playing football and I started as a TE. Seeing #40 at TE for the vikings just feels right. Hoping this kid turns out good and we get to see #40 on the field at TE again.
    Love Jimmy K. Just went about business.

    I know nothing about this TE other than it sounds like he is athletically gifted. I'd be surprised if he made the final 53.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    19,172
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Love Jimmy K. Just went about business.

    I know nothing about this TE other than it sounds like he is athletically gifted. I'd be surprised if he made the final 53.
    Same here. This kid screams practice squad.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,946
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Same here. This kid screams practice squad.
    We should actually hope that's true...because it means other TEs have kept him down the depth chart.
    ...depends how many they keep on the roster
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    19,172
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    We should actually hope that's true...because it means other TEs have kept him down the depth chart.
    ...depends how many they keep on the roster
    I hope thatís the case but my point was more that heís just too raw. Iíd be surprised if he made the week 1 roster but you never know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •