Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 95
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,456

    Week 1: Miami Dolphins at New England Patriots

    Might try and make this prettier when I get home from work, but wanted to start the thread to discuss everything leading up to the big game!

    Weíll start with the news that the Pats are cutting Cam Newton and starting Mac Jones at QB!

    Jones has looked great in the preseason, but holy **** Iíd much rather play the pocket QB than the mobile guy.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,456
    The Pats really looked at what happened with Tua and Fitz last year and said ďnah we donít want that BS.Ē

    Theyíd spend all season long talking about how much Cam is helping mentor Jones but the moment Cam leaves he talks about how he was better and everyone knew it. Or some locker room leaks happen saying Cam should have been the guy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,245
    The Pats released Cam Newton so Mac Jones will start.

    With Mac Jones holding the ball under pressure I can see the Dolphins racking up sacks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,264
    The one thing Mac has over Cam is his arm. Mac has more accuracy right now as a rookie than Cam does. We would have been able to stack the box and try to make Cam throw against us. Now we can drop back in coverage and let our DL and blitz packages tear up Mac. My guess is Mac throws it about 20 times, and NE tries to run it down our throats.

    Just have to watch for the typical Josh McDaniels dink and dunk passes across the middle. Stop those and it's easy peazy lemon squeezy. Ain't no WR on that roster that has an edge over X and Byron. let them stay on their islands with the WRs, and let Rowe delete one of their TEs.

    Its still going to be a really, really good game to watch and it's going to be close throughout as both defenses are pretty good.

    The NFL has to LOVE the Tua vs. Mac showdown for week 1, in a prime 4:25 time slot. Goodell must be creaming LOL

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The Pats really looked at what happened with Tua and Fitz last year and said ďnah we donít want that BS.Ē

    Theyíd spend all season long talking about how much Cam is helping mentor Jones but the moment Cam leaves he talks about how he was better and everyone knew it. Or some locker room leaks happen saying Cam should have been the guy.
    Nah, it's because Cam isn't vaccinated and he has a terrible arm. The whole not being vaccinated and testing + could really f up a qb room on a week to week basis.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    98
    I'm telling you all right now don't sleep on Jones, I think he's gonna wind up being something special, with that said I think Tue has got a lot more weapons in his arsenal but Jones keep them in it Dolphins win. 28-21

    P.s This is my dream match up BAMA VS BAMA

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,456
    Cam being unvaccinated is also a huge part of it so good point. You canít have a backup QB who is unvaccinated AND might split the locker room because of how much they all like him. Worst case Jones gets covid, Cam would immediately be a close contact and would be out.

    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    The one thing Mac has over Cam is his arm. Mac has more accuracy right now as a rookie than Cam does. We would have been able to stack the box and try to make Cam throw against us. Now we can drop back in coverage and let our DL and blitz packages tear up Mac. My guess is Mac throws it about 20 times, and NE tries to run it down our throats.

    Just have to watch for the typical Josh McDaniels dink and dunk passes across the middle. Stop those and it's easy peazy lemon squeezy. Ain't no WR on that roster that has an edge over X and Byron. let them stay on their islands with the WRs, and let Rowe delete one of their TEs.

    Its still going to be a really, really good game to watch and it's going to be close throughout as both defenses are pretty good.

    The NFL has to LOVE the Tua vs. Mac showdown for week 1, in a prime 4:25 time slot. Goodell must be creaming LOL
    This game was always going to come down to if the defense can stop the run. This team is built on forcing you into 3rd and long and then letting the secondary thrive. If the Patriots keep them on their toes then you donít get any opportunity to blitz and give Jones all the time he needs. They also have a stacked Oline so itís all going to come down to the guys up front.

    Offense has to succeed early to force the issue. I still donít think this team is able to win a dirty slug fest like NE wants to play.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,456
    Speaking of our offense, things got a lot easier for Tua. Gilmore is on the PUP list and will be out for the game.

    Two weeks of prep, revamped offense, going against a team starting a rookie QB and is without their DPOY. And on top of ALL of that, they have about 10 new starters across the board.

    Iíve been realistic with my expectations all year long for this game. Itís still going to be tough. But there should be no reason they lose. Itís a real **** or get off the pot type of game for me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,264
    I hear a ton of NE Pats news and radio up here, and I can't stand it lol. trust me, up here, Mac Jones is the next coming of Tom Brady for these guys. All I hear is good riddance to Cam and they can finally turn the page to Mac. Not to mention they firmly believe Mac Jones will go 3-1 in their first 4 games (MIA, NYJ, NO, and TB). Guess who the loss is to? lol

    Anyways, the NE defense is good, not great. I repeat, not great. You will hear differently from talking heads. Their best player is on PUP. JC Jackson is now pushed up to CB1 when his talent is that of a CB2. Hightower is coming off a full season removed from football due to COVID. Van Noy is going to be okay, but nothing like the 2018-2019 KVN. Judon will give Austin Jackson trouble for sure though.

    They have zero quality depth at CB. Literally terrible. I fully expect Tua to pick them apart. I can see Tua going for 280-300 yds and 2-3 TDs. They upgraded their defense with JAGs, except Judon.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,245
    If the Dolphins can stop the Pats run game the Dolphins will whoop the Pats.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    If the Dolphins can stop the Pats run game the Dolphins will whoop the Pats.
    oh for sure. Flo will put the emphasis on stopping their run game, and make Mac play lights out to win. I don't think that the Boston media understands that Mac looked good against other teams 2s' and 3s' so far. They report Mac has looked good against NE's 1s' . . . which is not saying much at all lol.

    Miami's defense is so terribly underrated that its embarrassing. X, Jones, and Rowe are going to lockdown 2 WRs and 1 TE. Raekwon Davis is going to bully the middle of the line. I'm not sure just how much even our own fans know how good our DL is going to be this year . . . I fully expect Boston talking heads to down play our defense, but no one in the national media is giving Flo and Boyer any love for their defense they built.

    I think you can tell I'm fully pumped for this game

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,456
    Pats claimed Malcolm Perry. They had interest predraft on him and of course want details on the offense.

    This was the most obvious move and I canít wait for people to overreact.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,264
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Pats claimed Malcolm Perry. They had interest predraft on him and of course want details on the offense.

    This was the most obvious move and I canít wait for people to overreact.
    Rather Perry than Merritt to be honest

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,264
    Just putting this out there . . . this is the kind of hate Tua gets up here in Pats country. Notice he ranked him 4th in the AFCE most notably because of the OL. Not what Tua can do, his arm talent, his accuracy, pocket presence. But remember, somehow Mac Jones is 2nd, even above Tua and Wilson. This is what I have to hear every day up here lol

    https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/vid...backs-afc-east

    I think Wilson is going to become one of the better young QBs in the game within the next three years, possibly better than Tua. I also think Tua is better than Mac Jones and Wilson right now. But just to hear this guy talk about how Mike Gesicki is 'alright' and downplay the weapons for Tua . . . it's just hilarious to me. Mac is better because of what he did in college and his OL. Not because of his talent, but his OL.
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 09-02-2021 at 10:12 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    31,038
    I'm so ready for this season. People already writing us off so thats good as this team seems to do better when people say we will suck. Been so busy with work not really had time to post but will try and be around for the games.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •