Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Scott

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The black community never was for abolishing the police but to change it. Don't try to paint us as pro-police, as in "The Blue Line". That gets lost in all the defunding debate.

Yes, especially the religious folks, blacks tend to be more conservative in their views. With that said, then why do the Republicans have trouble attracting more black votes? It said it is the family value party while tooting a conservative tune.
    That's not the conversations that were being had over the summer. Who was pushing cities like Minneapolis to defund the police? (Which they inevitably did, and then quietly overturned after months of the highest murder rates in years)

If you look at polling, the black community overwhelmingly DOESN'T want police defunded, it's like 60% keep it the same, 21% increase funding, 19% defund the police. The majority of black people want reform, not defunding. But we saw city after city defunding their police, from Seattle to Portland to Minny, etc.

I don't like using terms like brainwashed or anything like that, but I think there is this loyalty to the Dems due to the civil rights act from the '60s, despite the fact that dem's have long since abandoned or just flat out failed black communities since then.

But we're already seeing that start to change, Trump in 2 straight elections moved more blacks and Latinos to the Republican party than any president in decades. A less vitriolic version of him would do even better. (Like DeSantis)

Accusation born from a slanted assumption. I think we were talking about progressive of all colors. Do you honestly think any person can get away with using racial slurs without an incident? Name me a couple before I starting thinking we are special and privilege.
    No, I don't think a white progressive can get away with calling ANY black person a racial slur. That I don't believe.

However, if a white Progressive wanted to call a black person wearing a MAGA hat a racial slur. Yeah, they would get away with it, because they always have.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    A lot of people on the left have come out against Coumo. What he did was ****ed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was only done AFTER Trump was out, before he was lauded as a hero who saved NY, MSNBC called him "The Real President"

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    A lot of people on the left have come out against Coumo. What he did was ****ed up.

If they went after Cuomo like they did for people who were accused of 1/10th of what he was accused of he'd be out of a job. He's doin fine.

Phonies.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Call a spade a spade.
    How about an oreo?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    That was only done AFTER Trump was out, before he was lauded as a hero who saved NY, MSNBC called him "The Real President"
    And after it became public that he engaged in a cover up/was inappropriate with staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    If they went after Cuomo like they did for people who were accused of 1/10th of what he was accused of he'd be out of a job. He's doin fine.

Phonies.
    you pretending to care about some tool in Tx getting called an Uncle Tom seems pretty phony to me

No, I don't think a white progressive can get away with calling ANY black person a racial slur. That I don't believe.

However, if a white Progressive wanted to call a black person wearing a MAGA hat a racial slur. Yeah, they would get away with it, because they always have.
    . So a white progressive can call a person wearing a racial slur. There is enough on my plate and tend to stay out of inter-ethnic squabbles. Do they use white racial slurs on their own as we do? I have never seen an exchange that is why I ask since this always happens.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Seems you are not concerned by this story at all and are fishing for a gotcha moment to stereotype those dirty libs.

That's not the conversations that were being had over the summer. Who was pushing cities like Minneapolis to defund the police? (Which they inevitably did, and then quietly overturned after months of the highest murder rates in years)

If you look at polling, the black community overwhelmingly DOESN'T want police defunded, it's like 60% keep it the same, 21% increase funding, 19% defund the police. The majority of black people want reform, not defunding. But we saw city after city defunding their police, from Seattle to Portland to Minny, etc.

I don't like using terms like brainwashed or anything like that, but I think there is this loyalty to the Dems due to the civil rights act from the '60s, despite the fact that dem's have long since abandoned or just flat out failed black communities since then.

But we're already seeing that start to change, Trump in 2 straight elections moved more blacks and Latinos to the Republican party than any president in decades. A less vitriolic version of him would do even better. (Like DeSantis)
    You are confusing a movement of young people with what those in the neighborhood feel. You accuse the black community, on one hand, of supporting defunding and turn around and talk about a poll that said they don't feel that way. Which is it? There are various defunding ideas, one that cops shouldn't do mental health checks for one.

Anytime a Republican or conservative brings up brainwashing even in passing, it tells me they haven't been paying attention to how the republican downplay our issues. Or just don't give a damn. You ignore voting suppression done by republicans in black areas for one.

You have two generations of blacks who never heard King speak and they have no loyalty to an event that happens before they were born. Yes, a lot of young blacks are ticked at the Democrats, I think that is, in part, fueling Biden's progressive policies. To win back voters. Very young voters from both parties aren't to happy with them due to current events. Not having feels for the past or historical events. What are the republicans doing to win minorities' votes? In this climate of distrust for both parties, this would be the perfect time to make inroads to those communities.

Come on that lazy thinking to push that blacks are loyal to democrats because of the civil right act. All it does is create a false sense that it isn't anything the Republicans are doing to cause blacks to turn away from them for either the democrat, Progressives, Trumpism, cleaning their guns while waiting for the race wars, or don't vote
    Last edited by WES445; 05-03-2021 at 10:35 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

the power of tokenism. Nobody knows him. What republican fraction will back him for president? Qanon? Alt-right? maybe the religious group, conservative don't know, the trumpsters

He is very no fuss, they might like him. But I wouldn't want to be the man standing next to Trump for the Oval Office.
    Heís perfect for them to pick as a VP. He checks a lot of boxes to cover a 110% Caucasian.

What is the overall thrust of this discussion regarding Tim Scott???

Is it that it is just not possible or acceptable for a black man (should I have said "dude?) to be a republican senator??? Is that what is bothering everyone???

I think there are fewer true blue republicans than those who don't vote.

Will Rogers

Tim Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

Is it that it is just not possible or acceptable for a black man (should I have said "dude?) to be a republican senator??? Is that what is bothering everyone???
    IDK. I don't **** about him. Should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

He can be a Republican all he wants. Itís a free country. The problem Iíve got is that I canít reconcile how someone would support their policies while admitting publicly to having been picked up or otherwise harassed by police nearly two dozen times. He acknowledges that he was guilty of driving while black and yet he insists that the country isnít racist. Well how does a non-racist country let people get arrested for DWB?

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast