Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Scott

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I have traveled all over the world, America is pretty racist.
    'Pretty racist.'

Define it for me.

If you don't mind me asking, what race are you?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    'Pretty racist.'

Define it for me.

If you don't mind me asking, what race are you?
    Systematically geared towards unjust racial outcomes, large amounts of societal wide acceptance and tolerance of racist stereotypes and beliefs, etc.

I am white.

Systematically geared towards unjust racial outcomes, large amounts of societal wide acceptance and tolerance of racist stereotypes and beliefs, etc.

I am white.
    I'm a person of color. I highly doubt you traveled to any country that resembles America in diversity (because it wouldn't exist) so how you are treated isn't a replication of how someone else of color would be treated. Send a black man to Norway and tell me he wouldn't experience racism at a higher rate. My fiance is Chinese and blacks are treated very poorly in many areas of China that would be illegal in America but is very common over there. Insert 30 million Asians into any European country and then tell me there wouldn't be racial tensions.

I'm a person of color. I highly doubt you traveled to any country that resembles America in diversity (because it wouldn't exist) so how you are treated isn't a replication of how someone else of color would be treated. Send a black man to Norway and tell me he wouldn't experience racism at a higher rate. My fiance is Chinese and blacks are treated very poorly in many areas of China that would be illegal in America but is very common over there. Insert 30 million Asians into any European country and then tell me there wouldn't be racial tensions.
    Iím not basing this on how Iím treated, Iím basing it on how minorities are treated.

Well insert a virus that began in Asia and we instantly had racial tension against Asians. We are nowhere near the most racist country, and the majority of countries of note are fairly racist. But we definitely have some fairly racist veins.

Iím not basing this on how Iím treated, Iím basing it on how minorities are treated.

Well insert a virus that began in Asia and we instantly had racial tension against Asians. We are nowhere near the most racist country, and the majority of countries of note are fairly racist. But we definitely have some fairly racist veins.
    You don't see nearly enough of other races in other countries to have enough of a consensus on that to claim America is pretty racist. There's a multitude of factors you are leaving out that play a large role as to how racism starts. Like I've stated, put 40% of a different race in any country and you'll see racial tensions skyrocket.

You don't see nearly enough of other races in other countries to have enough of a consensus on that to claim America is pretty racist. There's a multitude of factors you are leaving out that play a large role as to how racism starts. Like I've stated, put 40% of a different race in any country and you'll see racial tensions skyrocket.
    Then you also canít claim America is not if thatís not enough to make a determination...

Of course thereís a multitude of factors that go into how racism starts, I wasnít omitting them I simply donít have time to go into the deluge of reasons. But that is also irrelevant to the central contention.

It's a direct insult to people who were truly victims of racism when people today think 1/1,000,000 people calling someone a racist word makes the country systemically and consistently racist. America is by far the least racist country when you consider how heterogeneous this country is. I swear, some of these people have never traveled outside of America if they think America is consistently racist. There's literally zero perspective awareness being displayed.
    One in a million? Again, even tho you're not serious the fact that this is the light you view it in just shows how out of touch you are.

American policies are not necessarily racist (although obviously some are), but american culture very much is. It's a diff flavor here. Here it's not about being against the other side, as you find in most racism around the world. Here there's a true superiority inferiority aspect to the racism.

This is rooted from european colonialism. The idea of bringing civilization to savage societies. In america we have held on to this mentality much stronger than even europe itself. Maybe it has something to do with being the strongest world power, I dont know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    [emoji23] You're such a troll.
    You're just legitimately ignorant to what many people actually experience in their daily living.

Then you also canít claim America is not if thatís not enough to make a determination...

Of course thereís a multitude of factors that go into how racism starts, I wasnít omitting them I simply donít have time to go into the deluge of reasons. But that is also irrelevant to the central contention.
    Of course I can make that determination. No other country is as diverse as America, period. It shouldn't take a genius to realize that mixing up a multitude of races, religions, and any other cultural demographic would create more hostility. The fact that America is this diverse speaks of how inclusive it is. I love the fact that every time I leave my house, there is a whole mixture of people out there. That's not what a racist country provides.

I have traveled all over the world, America is pretty racist.
    Speaking within the context of travel, I think a lot of it has to do with america being somewhat isolated. I feel like in Europe so many more people have been to other places like the mid east, east Asia, Africa, etc etc.

They get a certain exposure that maybe people here dont get as much.

Of course I can make that determination. No other country is as diverse as America, period. It shouldn't take a genius to realize that mixing up a multitude of races, religions, and any other cultural demographic would create more hostility. The fact that America is this diverse speaks of how inclusive it is. I love the fact that every time I leave my house, there is a whole mixture of people out there. That's not what a racist country provides.
    You appear to be simultaneously arguing that our diversity naturally leads to more racism while claiming we canít be that racist because of our diversity.

So which is it?
    Last edited by valade16; 05-06-2021 at 02:16 AM.

I feel like right now we have these race issues and everything, but once we kind of move past that I believe this diversity is the exact thing that will keep us a major player on the world stage. Mixing has SO many benefits, we have this advantage over any other country in the world.

You appear to be simultaneously arguing that our diversity naturally leads to more racism while claiming we canít be that racist because of our diversity.

So which is it?
    You're misinterpreting the basis of my point that NastyNice is seemingly understanding. America is diverse as **** which is why racial tensions naturally increase. You're not seeing racial tensions as evident in other countries because there aren't enough of X race to have an impact. The racial disparity isn't high enough for the common person to witness or read about reports of racial tension. I mean, we have 330 million people in America. That's the third largest country in the world. No other country honestly comes close in terms of sheer raw numbers regarding the racial demographics in America. The way I see it is racism in America is the price of diversity. You can have 0% racism amongst people with 100% whites or you can have .01% racism with 60% whites and 40% colored. I'm taking the .01% racism all day.

You're misinterpreting the basis of my point that NastyNice is seemingly understanding. America is diverse as **** which is why racial tensions naturally increase. You're not seeing racial tensions as evident in other countries because there aren't enough of X race to have an impact. The racial disparity isn't high enough for the common person to witness or read about reports of racial tension. I mean, we have 330 million people in America. That's the third largest country in the world. No other country honestly comes close in terms of sheer raw numbers regarding the racial demographics in America. The way I see it is racism in America is the price of diversity. You can have 0% racism amongst people with 100% whites or you can have .01% racism with 60% whites and 40% colored. I'm taking the .01% racism all day.
    The racism in this country existed long before we had the diversity though, our racism isnít a result of the diversity since it preceded it. I think a big problem is, we as a country havenít ever wanted to address the racism in our society, instead we try our best to ignore it.

The racism in this country existed long before we had the diversity though, our racism isnít a result of the diversity since it preceded it. I think a big problem is, we as a country havenít ever wanted to address the racism in our society, instead we try our best to ignore it.
    Important point, this.

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast