Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 563

Thread: Tim Scott

  1. #211
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,220
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Poor areas don't equal black areas. I don't like that framing at all, since poverty isn't unique or emblematic of to the black experience, and we shouldn't automatically associate or conflate the two.
    I am not sure if you are trying to agree with me or not but ya that is my point. Sluggo has been calling it black culture and black areas then largely just explaining what many people in poor areas/communities may do regardless of race.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Has any other rw protest (over guns or abortion etc) ever ended in a riot?
    You're not getting the point.

    The point is, the stereotypical right winger is an individual who is given preferential treatment on numerous levels. What is there to riot against?

    Things not being racist enough? Sexist enough? Bigoted enough?

    Why would the person on the pedestal riot?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    58,202
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Poor areas don't equal black areas. I don't like that framing at all, since poverty isn't unique or emblematic of to the black experience, and we shouldn't automatically associate or conflate the two.
    Tell Sluggo
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,094
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You're not getting the point.

    The point is, the stereotypical right winger is an individual who is given preferential treatment on numerous levels. What is there to riot against?

    Things not being racist enough? Sexist enough? Bigoted enough?

    Why would the person on the pedestal riot?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The majority of far-left protestors are affluent white college lib types who are as privileged if not more so than the "typical GOP protestor"
    While there are plenty of things to protest, there are very few things worth rioting over.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    58,202

    Tim Scott

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The majority of far-left protestors are affluent white college lib types who are as privileged if not more so than the "typical GOP protestor"
    While there are plenty of things to protest, there are very few things worth rioting over.
    Protesters and rioters aren't one group
    Last edited by ewing; 05-05-2021 at 08:46 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The majority of far-left protestors are affluent white college lib types who are as privileged if not more so than the "typical GOP protestor"
    While there are plenty of things to protest, there are very few things worth rioting over.
    Being treated lesser by society at large is worth rioting over imo. Having systems steeped in racism is worth rioting over imo.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    16,341
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Being treated lesser by society at large is worth rioting over imo. Having systems steeped in racism is worth rioting over imo.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Beings that you didn't riot...you don't even believe the bull*hit that you spew.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Beings that you didn't riot...you don't even believe the bull*hit that you spew.
    Did you go to a MAGA rally?

    If anyone who supports trump.didnt go to a MAGA rally, does that make their support of him bs as well?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Btw, regarding Tim Scott, did anyone else notice he prefaced his America isnt racist speech by describing how he has had to face racism throughout his life.

    That was wierd.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Btw, regarding Tim Scott, did anyone else notice he prefaced his America isnt racist speech by describing how he has had to face racism throughout his life.

    That was wierd.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Missing a huge portion of context which you either ignored or simply didn't understand.

    His point isn't that there aren't racists in America. It's that the country itself isn't racist. There's a difference there. I've had racial slurs yelled at me from work, school, etc., but that doesn't change the fact that an opinion of the few isn't the representation of the whole. Plus, if you watch the clip, he speaks about how America has made huge changes towards being inclusive to all. America today is much better, racially speaking, than it was a decade ago.

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Missing a huge portion of context which you either ignored or simply didn't understand.

    His point isn't that there aren't racists in America. It's that the country itself isn't racist. There's a difference there. I've had racial slurs yelled at me from work, school, etc., but that doesn't change the fact that an opinion of the few isn't the representation of the whole. Plus, if you watch the clip, he speaks about how America has made huge changes towards being inclusive to all. America today is much better, racially speaking, than it was a decade ago.
    If he, like every other black man in America, has experienced consistent racism, then describing that racism and following it up with the point that America isnt racist doesnt really make much sense. In any context.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If he, like every other black man in America, has experienced consistent racism, then describing that racism and following it up with the point that America isnt racist doesnt really make much sense. In any context.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Tim is 55 years old. The America he knew 30 years ago is far different than the America today. Furthermore, a few people being racist doesn't entirely define the circumstances of a large country such as America. Not a single country in this world wouldn't have racist individuals. Send 500 blacks to a predominantly white neighborhood in Europe and you're getting racially profiled the minute you step foot there. Have some perspective. Is America predominantly racist? Not even close. I don't think people who call America racist understand that America is the third largest country in the world and by far the most diverse. That amount of people of all backgrounds would undoubtedly always have racial conflicts of some sort. By in large, it's not a systemic issue, though.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    16,341
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If he, like every other black man in America, has experienced consistent racism

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You're such a troll.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You're such a troll.
    It's a direct insult to people who were truly victims of racism when people today think 1/1,000,000 people calling someone a racist word makes the country systemically and consistently racist. America is by far the least racist country when you consider how heterogeneous this country is. I swear, some of these people have never traveled outside of America if they think America is consistently racist. There's literally zero perspective awareness being displayed.

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    40,702
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    It's a direct insult to people who were truly victims of racism when people today think 1/1,000,000 people calling someone a racist word makes the country systemically and consistently racist. America is by far the least racist country when you consider how heterogeneous this country is. I swear, some of these people have never traveled outside of America if they think America is consistently racist. There's literally zero perspective awareness being displayed.
    I have traveled all over the world, America is pretty racist.

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •