Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Texas Governor Signs Anti-Choice Abortion Bill

https://twitter.com/jonlemire/status...909956610?s=21

No abortions far ahead of the legal standard established by Roe vs Wade. Six ****ing weeks! They feel so emboldened and itís funny how these are the same people lecturing about personal choice when it involves vaccines and masks.

I have no faith the Supreme Court will overturn this law though. They put Amy ďHandmaidĒ Barrett on the court for just this reason.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    https://twitter.com/jonlemire/status...909956610?s=21

No abortions far ahead of the legal standard established by Roe vs Wade. Six ****ing weeks! They feel so emboldened and itís funny how these are the same people lecturing about personal choice when it involves vaccines and masks.

I have no faith the Supreme Court will overturn this law though. They put Amy ďHandmaidĒ Barrett on the court for just this reason.
    Republican hypocrisy in Texas surprises you? You are probably right about Barrett, but she is a brilliant jurist. I still believe she might decide the case based on how it is presented. And Roe vs. Wade is still the precedent. .

The Supreme Court isnít bound by precedent. They can decide to overturn it for pretty much anything they want. The only recourse is Congress or the Executive branch.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    Republican hypocrisy in Texas surprises you? You are probably right about Barrett, but she is a brilliant jurist. I still believe she might decide the case based on how it is presented. And Roe vs. Wade is still the precedent. .
    What leads you to believe she is a "brilliant jurist" lol?

The Supreme Court isnít bound by precedent. They can decide to overturn it for pretty much anything they want. The only recourse is Congress or the Executive branch.
    this
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    this
    And we've seen that Congress is entirely unable to check the Supreme Court. Right now they couldn't pass a law that corrects people saying 1+1=3 is actually equal to 2.

This is what the republican meant by making a American Great Again and putting everybody else in their place. Funny thing is that they don't give a damn about the fetus when it becomes a baby.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    This is what the republican meant by making a American Great Again and putting everybody else in their place. Funny thing is that they don't give a damn about the fetus when it becomes a baby.
    George Carlin pegged them on the money. They're not pro-life, they're pro-birth. They don't want to hear from that fetus until it's time for it to go die in a war.

George Carlin pegged them on the money. They're not pro-life, they're pro-birth. They don't want to hear from that fetus until it's time for it to go die in a war.
    As time goes on, George have become my best comic. His words keep popping up as I watch current events unfold. Our generation Will Rogers.

Rogers quote: Never miss a good chance to shut up

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.

If you injected truth into politics you have no politics.

The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets.

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-19-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Will Rogers

Do you have an example of the Court overturning long standing law for a fake reason?

6 weeks is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Do you have an example of the Court overturning long standing law for a fake reason?
    There are hundreds (maybe thousands) of instances of the Supreme Court overturning precedent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ourt_decisions

They donít seem to consider Heller vs DC but I would. It didnít explicitly overturn a precedent though. But it did drastically increase the second amendment in a way that I would call fake/junk reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    What is your definition of a fake reason? Several long standing precedents have been overturned by the courts.

Do you think this SC will uphold or reduce/repeal Roe v Wade?

These guys are under the assumption that the SC will hold up the Louisiana law they will hear soon basically making abortion illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I hope the DNC get their act together to win the next rounds of election, cause if these guys get back in power they will turn back the clock to a more repressive conservative rule in attempt to "Make America Great Again" That Kentucky bill that ok people driving their cars thru protest marches when they "fear for their lives" is another troubling policy. Add the fact that republican congressional members are now trying to white wash Jan. 6th. These things give their base a out for the violence committed for their cause. They never criticize the idea of their supporters bringing guns to peaceful protest. If BLM had done this, they would be screaming blood hell.

They are weighting democracy to their side thus destroying the spirit of democracy for all.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-20-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Will Rogers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast