Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    I get the rational, which I rarely did under Gar/Pax. I still don't agree with it, but it makes sense.

Why in any world would we add Wiggins contract without taking every single draft asset the Warriors would be allowed to trade? Look at that deal.

Thad, you think we could get a 1st for still.
    Sato, cap space.
    Aminu, garbage deal.

Wiggins isn't even worth a 1st on that deal. He's worth nothing. And we have to give up assets to pay him that money. Crazy talk bro.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I get the rational, which I rarely did under Gar/Pax. I still don't agree with it, but it makes sense.

Why in any world would we add Wiggins contract without taking every single draft asset the Warriors would be allowed to trade? Look at that deal.

Thad, you think we could get a 1st for still.
    Sato, cap space.
    Aminu, garbage deal.

Wiggins isn't even worth a 1st on that deal. He's worth nothing. And we have to give up assets to pay him that money. Crazy talk bro.
    With Vuc signed for 2 more years, and Lavine likely get a max, we aren't going to have money to sign anyone huge these next 2 years. My theory, you take on Wiggins 2 years, that runs concurrent with Vuc. The years their contracts are up, the Free Agent class looks stacked. Most notably Jokic turning 28, who we have the ties to with Arty Karny. There is also Brogdon turning 30. Or Grant 29.

This years Free Agent class isn't spectacular unless Kawhi opts out.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    With Vuc signed for 2 more years, and Lavine likely get a max, we aren't going to have money to sign anyone huge these next 2 years. My theory, you take on Wiggins 2 years, that runs concurrent with Vuc. The years their contracts are up, the Free Agent class looks stacked. Most notably Jokic turning 28, who we have the ties to with Arty Karny. There is also Brogdon turning 30. Or Grant 29.

This years Free Agent class isn't spectacular unless Kawhi opts out.
    I'd want so much to take Wiggins. All our cap space while downgrading and taking a deal no one wants.
    Might as well just sign a bunch of good, moveable trade deadline pieces if we are running the clock for 2 more years.

I'd want so much to take Wiggins. All our cap space while downgrading and taking a deal no one wants.
    Might as well just sign a bunch of good, moveable trade deadline pieces if we are running the clock for 2 more years.
    I don't think Wiggins would be a bad 3 with this roster and a PG though. I do get what you are saying though. I don't think we are really downgrading our roster with Wiggins though. A wing is a lot harder to find then a replacement for Thad. Sato is a bench role player. If we had Lavine/Wiggins/Pat/Vuc, I think we could attract a veteran PG to join that core on 2 year with 3rd year player option deal.

I don't think Wiggins would be a bad 3 with this roster and a PG though. I do get what you are saying though. I don't think we are really downgrading our roster with Wiggins though. A wing is a lot harder to find then a replacement for Thad. Sato is a bench role player. If we had Lavine/Wiggins/Pat/Vuc, I think we could attract a veteran PG to join that core on 2 year with 3rd year player option deal.
    I think people are thinking of Wiggins with the Wolves. Heís improved a lot with GS

I like Wiggins but I donít like giving up assets and taking on 31 million a year for his production. And you still donít have a point guard unless you also think these good pgs are signing for vet min which isnít happening

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Ehh that ship has sailed with Lauri. This was a wait and see year with him and we saw exactly what we expected. If his shot doesn't fall at a high clip, he's virtually useless. Coby still has time to become a solid bench role player, but he's not a starter on a good team.

We have to land a PG this offseason, and we need a 3 or 4, which there aren't really any game changers there unless Kawhi tries out free agency again. We can actually have a pretty solid bench if we don't trade or buy out Sato and Thad. Sato/White/Troy/Thad is a good start. I'd like to bring back Theis for the MLE. But unless we get a game changing PG and Wing, it'll be more of the same next year.

I wonder when we plan on brining Marko Simonovic over. He's starting to put up some ridiculous stat lines. I trust that they knew something about this kid.

In his last 11 games he is averaging:

16.36 PPG
    9.09 APG
    9.09 RPG
    1.7 SPG
    2.8 BPG
    2.09 3PM
    Are those numbers correct. Specifically the assist?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Are those numbers correct. Specifically the assist?
    You know I thought they were then I checked again and couldnít find them lol. Iím not sure what I was looking at lol

I might have had Jokic euro stats open on split screen and read the wrong ones 😬

https://basketball.******.com/player...Logs/95242/All

He hasn't had a 9 assist game in his life lol. Stats are looking solid though.

https://basketball.******.com/player...Logs/95242/All

He hasn't had a 9 assist game in his life lol. Stats are looking solid though.
    Yeah I was confused also. I had to have been looking at jokic. I swear I double checked but I was def wrong. I actually noticed this the other day and just ignored it lol.

I don't understand at all. Wiggins also had a solid year his 3rd year i believe. Of coarse he looks better playing with steph and dray. We already know that wigs and Lavine don't fit.

Bulls officially eliminated

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast