Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thibs was an awesome coach when here. We way over achieved and it had a lot to do with him.

I think all us fans loved Thibs. If there was any kind of decent front office in place, I think he'd still be here.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I think all us fans loved Thibs. If there was any kind of decent front office in place, I think he'd still be here.
    Probably not.

I think it was time to move on and firing him wasn't necessarily a mistake. The mistakes they made was they never had a real coaching search after firing him. They hired 2 unqualified duds without actually interviewing anybody. Then they gave Boylen an extension! When they didn't even need to, he was already under contract. Just absolute incompetence by GarPax.

Lets be honest, we can sugar coat it all we want and say it was time, but the fact of the matter is, you don't fire coaches as good as Thibs. The guy made us a contender, then had to deal with his Maxed out Star have a career altering injury. Basically until that contract was up, we were never winning a damn thing. I don't buy the "it was time narrative". The real narrative should have been "we understand what you are going through Thibs, and we will wait out these tough times and rebuild when we can".

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Lets be honest, we can sugar coat it all we want and say it was time, but the fact of the matter is, you don't fire coaches as good as Thibs. The guy made us a contender, then had to deal with his Maxed out Star have a career altering injury. Basically until that contract was up, we were never winning a damn thing. I don't buy the "it was time narrative". The real narrative should have been "we understand what you are going through Thibs, and we will wait out these tough times and rebuild when we can".
    Or you get rid of the guy who ran Rose, Noah, and Deng to the ground. All of them started to decline before the age of 28. That isn't normal.

I pray he doesn't do it to Julius Randle. So far though he is trying his hardest to. The only thing that was dumb about his firing was the way the FO handled it and how they replaced him with a friend and didn't have a search.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Or you get rid of the guy who ran Rose, Noah, and Deng to the ground. All of them started to decline before the age of 28. That isn't normal.

I pray he doesn't do it to Julius Randle. So far though he is trying his hardest to. The only thing that was dumb about his firing was the way the FO handled it and how they replaced him with a friend and didn't have a search.
    He coached to win. And he didn’t run Rose into the ground. He’s not at fault for his injuries. And Noah’s style ran him into the ground. As for Deng, that was the price we paid never having wing depth

He coached to win. And he didn’t run Rose into the ground. He’s not at fault for his injuries. And Noah’s style ran him into the ground. As for Deng, that was the price we paid never having wing depth
    He does have a shelf life imo, he hit that with the bulls.

He won't stick long in NY either unfortunately, unless he's learned by now

Also per google:
    The*Bulls*currently have a 32 percent*chance*to land in the*top*four of the draft lottery (as of the morning of May 3) and a 7.5 percent*chance*to land the No. 1 overall*pick. So with that in mind, the*Bulls*could actually have a roughly one in three*chance to get*their*pick*back from the Magic this year.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    He does have a shelf life imo, he hit that with the bulls.

He won't stick long in NY either unfortunately, unless he's learned by now

Also per google:
    The*Bulls*currently have a 32 percent*chance*to land in the*top*four of the draft lottery (as of the morning of May 3) and a 7.5 percent*chance*to land the No. 1 overall*pick. So with that in mind, the*Bulls*could actually have a roughly one in three*chance to get*their*pick*back from the Magic this year.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    We need to land this damn top 4 so bad!

I’m kinda praying we lose from here on out. We need a top pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh we need to absolutely lose out. There is no “bright side” to winning a few games here at the end since playoffs is out the question.

Problem is, our odds aren’t going to get any better. I guess losing out prevents us from passing the Raptors or Kings though

Problem is, our odds aren’t going to get any better. I guess losing out prevents us from passing the Raptors or Kings though
    True, odds may not improve but I just want that bitter taste to remain within the organization. I don’t want Coby or Lauri to drop a few 30 point games and the team/fans think “oh boy, we are close”

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    True, odds may not improve but I just want that bitter taste to remain within the organization. I don’t want Coby or Lauri to drop a few 30 point games and the team/fans think “oh boy, we are close”
    Ehh that ship has sailed with Lauri. This was a wait and see year with him and we saw exactly what we expected. If his shot doesn't fall at a high clip, he's virtually useless. Coby still has time to become a solid bench role player, but he's not a starter on a good team.

We have to land a PG this offseason, and we need a 3 or 4, which there aren't really any game changers there unless Kawhi tries out free agency again. We can actually have a pretty solid bench if we don't trade or buy out Sato and Thad. Sato/White/Troy/Thad is a good start. I'd like to bring back Theis for the MLE. But unless we get a game changing PG and Wing, it'll be more of the same next year.

I wonder when we plan on brining Marko Simonovic over. He's starting to put up some ridiculous stat lines. I trust that they knew something about this kid.

In his last 11 games he is averaging:

16.36 PPG
    9.09 APG
    9.09 RPG
    1.7 SPG
    2.8 BPG
    2.09 3PM

Never said he didn't coach to win. He definitely ran Rose into the ground. We were up 12 with a minute and a half to go, why was he still in the game. He already played 38 minutes that game. Noah style definitely isn't the reason he got ran into the ground. It was the fact that he had foot and knee problems and was still getting played 36+ minutes a game. Not to mention the crazy amount of practices he puts his teams through......... We had wing depth and he just chose not to use it. Korver and Jimmy are saying hi.

Very good coach, Very bad at preserving his players career longevity. Don't see how you can even argue that....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast