Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    I'll give Colts a C+. Biggest complaint is not investing more in offensive line. Don't mind the actual players, just would have preferred a tackle. But, I'm an idiot and Chris Ballard is a top 2/3 drafting GM so it is what it is.

Will bump up to a B+ or A- if Odeyingbo recovers from his Achilles because I think Paye/Odeyingbo combo has freakish upside. Can envision a 3rd down package with Paye-Buckner-Odeyingbo-Turay. Crazy upside there.

Also intrigued by the tight end they drafted. Has all the traits/ability that Reich covets. Takes them out of the Ertz running since this guy will likely play the Trey Burton role. Enter 2021 with Doyle/Cox/Granson. Not bad.

This draft will forever be remembered as Darrisaw vs Paye for the Colts.
    Wentz is already unraveling due to drafting a QB instead of OL.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I saw Ihmir had a DUI, but is there more off field issues?
    Darrisaw and Davis may be our new left side of the OL
    Not sure yet what to think of taking Mond over Mills, but what do I know...
    as far as I know the OWI is the only thing he has been charged with. was popped for .130 on a breathalyzer

Eric Stokes CB Georgia - honestly I had completely forgot about him during the draft and when they made the pick it jolted back into memory. He is uber athletic, has some minor things to work on but, could be a great CB2 running opposite Jaire. I would give a B maybe even a B+

Josh Myers C/G Ohio State - I don't know much about him, I did see he did have an issue with his foot and just some technique to work on but, is most likely starter day 1. one OSU center replacing another OSU center. I would probably give a B

Amari Rodgers WR Clemson - he has all kinds of potential and should be a solid weapon for the Packers. I'm not completely sold on shorter receivers but, he should give Lafleur the gadget guy for his offense that he has been looking for when he signed Tyler Ervin and Tavon Austin. if he was an inch taller he probably could have went in the 1st. matter of fact I believe Gutekunst said that had Josh Myers not been there when they picked in Round 2, Amari would have been their 2nd round pick. I probably give this a B

Royce Newman T/G Mississippi - I will admit this one bugged me. I know it says he probably could play tackle but, when they announced it they called him a guard. We just drafted 2 guards last year and Runyan Jr played well in limited playing time to show he could be a starter at some point. His versatility to play tackles bumped him up a little in my view but, still think there were other positions they could have targeted. I would give him the pick a C and thats just because of his versatility

T.J. Slaton DL Florida - at this spot in the draft I think I am ok with Slaton. if he would have went earlier I would have given this a low grade. I know he moves well for a big man and plays well but, one of the knocks I keep hearing about him is he has a hard time managing his weight and that just gives me flashbacks to Gilbert Brown. Brown was a great nose but, the weight was an issue and hampered his play. Slaton seems like he could be a solid nose but, if he can't manage his weight its gonna be a problem. I would give it probably a C

Shemar Jean-Charles CB Appalachian State - I think this could be a steal of the draft. if he played at a bigger school and produced like he did he would have went a lot higher. this tells it better than I can describe it
    First-team All-American by Walter Camp Football Foundation in 2020
    Also an All-American via Sporting News (second team), PFF College (second team) and Phil Steele (third team) in 2020
    Semifinalist for the Bednarik Award (nation's top defender) and Thorpe Award (nation's top defensive back)
    PFF's Sun Belt Player of the Year as a senior
    Led nation as a senior with 16 PBUs and 17 passes defended (with one interception) in 12 games as a senior
    From 2019-20, his 27 passes defended (PBUs and INTs) led FBS defenders
    Made 25 starts (two-year starter) in 50 career games and recorded 31 PBUs among 33 passes defended (with two interceptions)
    Added 97 career tackles, including 82 in his two seasons as a starter
    with that said I probably give it a B maybe a B+

Cole Van Lanen T/G Wisconsin - This one like the Newman pick kind of bug me because when they announced the pick they said he was a guard and that just meant for the 2nd year in a row they doubled up on Guard. His versatility bumps it a little but again I give them a C maybe a C-

Isaiah McDuffie LB Boston College - this was kind of the worse kept secrets of the draft but, the Packers were going to draft an ILB whether it was in the first 2 days or the last day. Wish they would have gotten a guy a little earlier but, from what I am hearing on him if he lives up to his potential he could be a solid player. He will at least be depth and a special teams guy. B

Kylin Hill RB Mississippi State - Again, everyone know the Packers were going to take a RB late in the draft just for depth. Don't know much about him but, I have seen some people say he could be a potential steal. They said he had a down year last year but, the year before he was on fire. I'm gonna say C+

for the Draft itself I am probably going to give the Packers a B, the draft experience (all the Rodgers rumors) I am going to give an F

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    based on.....?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    based on.....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll say A-.

Too lazy to grade pick by pick. Maybe hpf is in the mood to do one for the Browns? We'll see.

I understand the questions with JOK but I'm a huge fan of his and would have been okay if we got him #26 overall. Being able to get Newsome (another one I wanted) and THEN JOK was just fire for me. This dude on film just... pops. His instincts are soooo good man, almost frighteningly so. I think he might be a better prospect than Isaiah Simmons was.

I read that Joe Woods's true scheme was only ran about 4% of the time last year since we only had guys like Sendejo and Karl Joseph and mostly backup CBs playing. He wants a dime package utilizing 3 safeties (JJ3, Delpit, Harrison) primarily in a 4-2-5 or 4-1-6. JOK would fit in perfectly as a roamer capable of playing zone in open space as well as in a box-safety-like role.

We attacked our secondary this offseason harder than teams like the Bengals attacked their o-line which is just nuts to me. Woods got his pieces - assuming good health, we'll see if he can create a special defense or if he's just a fraud looking to mimic the cover 3 legion of boom defense.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

This isn't grading my team or grading any picks, just me calling to attention what I found to be so counter to what most kids do (not saying rightfully so) on draft day.

I just became a huge Najee Harris fan. Know where he spent draft night? He threw a party at the homeless shelter he once spent time at, saying he wanted them to know that anything is possible, even if they find themselves in that situation.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Llullz...

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Llullz...
    If the Colts need a LT, we could trade them Dillard.

Grades don't normally mean anything at this point, but they're fun to do so why not?

For my Eagles:

Devonta Smith - A+

DeVonta Smith is just that dude. I don't care about his size so long as he can get open and the staff can scheme into space. Great hands, great length, and great mindset. Also, trading back (and then trading up) to get him was a genius move by Howie who has had a questionable off season, but turned it around today. In addition to getting a first round pick, this was a homerun move.

Landon Dickerson - Incomplete

Has Top 20 talent according to most draft experts, but I just don't like taking injury risk players in the second round anymore after Sidney Jones. Dickerson has a high ceiling, but he can also bust (literally and figuratively). I honestly don't expect much out of Landon, but I'm deciding to give an Incomplete rather than a D. If it works out then that's good. I doubt it.

Milton Williams - B

Measurables are insane and comparable to Aaron Donald, but I won't be disrespectful to the best defensive player in the league. I think Milton is going to be a starting DT for a very long time for the Eagles. If I had to pick my sleeper to be a future All Pro, it would be this guy.

Zech McPhearson - C+

I don't feel great about drafting corners later in the draft. I think the Eagles need more talent in this department, but this could be an indicator that we're playing more zone so talent doesn't necessarily matter. McPhearson is fine, I'm just not inspired by the pick.

Kenneth Gainwell - A

I'm biased because I'm a U of Memphis alum, but Kenny G is arguably the best RB talent we've had in the past few years and that's saying a lot. He was better than Antonio Gibson (who played more receiver at Memphis than RB). He's better than Tony Pollard and Darrell Henderson. Kenny G is an ELITE pass catching back. I think we have a real chance of having a top tier RB duo really soon if things pan out. Another homerun hit to get him in the fifth round; if he played, he would have easily been a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Marlon Tuipulotu - C-

Meh. Don't think he makes the team.

Tarron Jackson - C

Has potential, but I think practice squad.

Jacoby Stevens - B-

Underrated player from LSU that has a chance to make an impact. With the weakness in our LB room, Stevens has a chance to be a top back up behind Wilson and Singleton.

Patrick Johnson - C

Meh.

Overall - B

#24ever

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    RD 7B - P Pressley Harvin III - A++++
    Jordan Berry sucks, and Pressley is "one of us".
    Loved this pick when I saw it.

#24ever

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Loved this pick when I saw it.
    I hated it because I wanted him to be drafted by the Eagles or signed as an UDFA.

Grade your draft.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I hated it because I wanted him to be drafted by the Eagles or signed as an UDFA.
    I think Max Duffy is still out there. He is an old man though

Grade your draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Grades don't normally mean anything at this point, but they're fun to do so why not?

For my Eagles:

Devonta Smith - A+

DeVonta Smith is just that dude. I don't care about his size so long as he can get open and the staff can scheme into space. Great hands, great length, and great mindset. Also, trading back (and then trading up) to get him was a genius move by Howie who has had a questionable off season, but turned it around today. In addition to getting a first round pick, this was a homerun move.

Landon Dickerson - Incomplete

Has Top 20 talent according to most draft experts, but I just don't like taking injury risk players in the second round anymore after Sidney Jones. Dickerson has a high ceiling, but he can also bust (literally and figuratively). I honestly don't expect much out of Landon, but I'm deciding to give an Incomplete rather than a D. If it works out then that's good. I doubt it.

Milton Williams - B

Measurables are insane and comparable to Aaron Donald, but I won't be disrespectful to the best defensive player in the league. I think Milton is going to be a starting DT for a very long time for the Eagles. If I had to pick my sleeper to be a future All Pro, it would be this guy.

Zech McPhearson - C+

I don't feel great about drafting corners later in the draft. I think the Eagles need more talent in this department, but this could be an indicator that we're playing more zone so talent doesn't necessarily matter. McPhearson is fine, I'm just not inspired by the pick.

Kenneth Gainwell - A

I'm biased because I'm a U of Memphis alum, but Kenny G is arguably the best RB talent we've had in the past few years and that's saying a lot. He was better than Antonio Gibson (who played more receiver at Memphis than RB). He's better than Tony Pollard and Darrell Henderson. Kenny G is an ELITE pass catching back. I think we have a real chance of having a top tier RB duo really soon if things pan out. Another homerun hit to get him in the fifth round; if he played, he would have easily been a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Marlon Tuipulotu - C-

Meh. Don't think he makes the team.

Tarron Jackson - C

Has potential, but I think practice squad.

Jacoby Stevens - B-

Underrated player from LSU that has a chance to make an impact. With the weakness in our LB room, Stevens has a chance to be a top back up behind Wilson and Singleton.

Patrick Johnson - C

Meh.

Overall - B
    I loved the Landon Dickerson pick. Yeah itís a risk, but if heís healthy I think his potential is sky high. High floor and high ceiling. He hasnít given up a sack since 2017 and he not only beats other players, he bullies them. Heís a lotta fun to watch, but yeah again just that injury thing is a bit concerning Iíll admit

Will change my Colts draft grade to a B/B+ if they end up signing LT Charles Leno.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast