Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 92
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,044
    I believe the Bears had the best draft of Ryan Pace's tenure, and potentially, the best top to bottom draft in my lifetime. Only 2 picks in the first 4 rounds, but he really went after dynamic playmakers in the later rounds.

    Justin Fields - I mean, this was an absolute best possible outcome. Starting at 20 we had no shot but 10 teams passed on him and we mortgaged some of the future to ensure an opportunity to rid the stink of the Trubisky debacle. Pace got another shot at a Deshaun Watson caliber player and he got his guy. I believe he could start day 1, he's leaps and bounds better than Dullton and BDN. But they will likely wait half the year. People really don't understand how awful the Bears QBs were on deep throws. They have talented receivers who were handcuffed by atrocious accuracy. Fields is gonna be the best QB in the division (trade Rodgers already!) in short order IMO.

    2 - Teven Jenkins OT - This dude is a scrapper and a mauler with extremely solid technique and incredible athleticism at 6'6 315. His tape is a joy to watch. He routinely wiped out edge rushers, several that were just drafted and are highly regarded. I dont think I've ever seen a OL get out of his stance so fast. He has a knack for timing the snap that is sort of otherworldly. And he's just what our OL needs. We really don't have a guy with a mean streak. I really believe he'll be a team captain and will make the rest of our OL want to elevate their games.

    5 - Larry Borom OT

    The belief is that he's not a Tackle at the next level, however, he rarely allowed sacks or even pressures. He'll likely move around wherever he's needed. I like what Pace did here, doubling down on Tackles. Our line needed a lot of help. This is a step in the right direction to protecting their new franchise QB. Played 44 snaps vs Alabama and allowed 0 hurries, pressures, or hits on the QB.

    6 - Khalil Herbert RB

    This guy averaged 6.6 ypc against a loaded box. High number of missed tackles forced. In his tape he's very fluid and decisive with his cuts. He's short at 5'9 but he's well over 200 lbs and leverages his size well. Not much of a receiving threat, which hopefully develops, so that defenses can't just key in on him when he's on the field. But there's a lot to like.

    6 - Dazz Newsome WR

    Nice weapon for Fields. Gets high praise for his ability to create separation from the slot. Tough player who also provides return capabilities.

    6 - Thomas Graham Jr. CB

    This guy was in the top 100 on PFFs big board and they got him at 228. He opted out of this season and multiple evaluators are shocked they were able to get him so late. He sounds like a good cover corner who can man the nickel right away. Our CB depth is still too thin for my blood. Addressees a major need. Something Pace did with every pick, while getting dynamic players at the same time.

    7 - Khyiris Tonga NT

    320 lb mountainous run stuffer. Adept at getting his hands on passes also, with 12 balls batted down in his career. Consensus seems to be that he is an NFL player, although limited in his potential contribution, as he's not gonna find the QB often. But for a 7th rounder Pace is getting more acclaim.

    I'll let you guys tell it. But man, this feels like the best draft I've seen us have. So excited for the next 5 years!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    83,020
    I'll give Colts a C+. Biggest complaint is not investing more in offensive line. Don't mind the actual players, just would have preferred a tackle. But, I'm an idiot and Chris Ballard is a top 2/3 drafting GM so it is what it is.

    Will bump up to a B+ or A- if Odeyingbo recovers from his Achilles because I think Paye/Odeyingbo combo has freakish upside. Can envision a 3rd down package with Paye-Buckner-Odeyingbo-Turay. Crazy upside there.

    Also intrigued by the tight end they drafted. Has all the traits/ability that Reich covets. Takes them out of the Ertz running since this guy will likely play the Trey Burton role. Enter 2021 with Doyle/Cox/Granson. Not bad.

    This draft will forever be remembered as Darrisaw vs Paye for the Colts.


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    17,350
    C+

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,051
    Round 1: No. 23 (from Jets) Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
    Round 3: No. 66 Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M
    Round 3: No. 78 Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina
    Round 3: No. 86 Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State
    Round 3: No. 90 (from Ravens) Patrick Jones II, DE, Pittsburgh
    Round 4: No. 119 Kene Nwangwu, RB, Iowa State
    Round 4: No. 125 (from Bears) Camryn Bynum, CB, California
    Round 4: No. 134 (from Bills) Janarius Robinson, DE, Florida State
    Round 5: No. 157 Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR, Iowa
    Round 5: No. 168 (from Steelers) Zach Davidson, TE, Central Missouri
    Round 6: No. 199 Jaylen Twyman, DT, Pittsburgh

    I'd give the Vikings a B+ overall
    They turned the #14 overall pick into possibly 2 starting OL and their backup QB, potentially long term QB. If I was going QB there, I'd have gone with Davis Mills, but what do I know. Then, they went into day 2 with no 2nd rd pick, but 4 3rd and 3 4ths. I hoped they'd use some of that capital to move into the 2nd at least once, but they held their ground (Trader Rick only made the one trade!) and made 7 seemingly solid picks, including the freaky fast RB from Iowa State that new OC Kubiak should have some fun with. Another burner to man WR3 from Iowa in rd 5. By and large their theme through the draft seemed to be athleticism. There isn't a single pick I can point to and say 'what, why?'
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    65,119
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    People have gone too far acting like it's a sin to draft a RB before day 3. I do think to justify a high pick it needs to be a guy who can play in any situation - 3rd down, short yardage, etc. Harris fits that mold.
    Very much agreed. Especially since our better backs the last few years were Mendenhall (1) and Bell (2). Outside of that since 2000 (in reverse order) it's been:
    Anthony McFarland (4), Benny Snell (4), James Conner (3), Chris Rainey (5), Baron Batch (7), Jonathan Dwyer (6), Frank Summers(5), Cedric Himes (7), Noah Herron (7), JT Wall (7), Verron Haynes (5)

    For a team that prides itself on running, since 2000 we've really struggled to scout the position. Now if you want to make the argument for the first few years in the 2000's we had Bettis fine, but we didn't draft him. And maybe you can make the case for Willie Parker being an UDFA. So for us, I feel much more comfortable taking a RB in the 1st than waiting for day 3.

    Additionally the top RB's by yards this year:
    Derrick Henry (pick 45)
    Dalvin Cook (pick 41)
    Jonathan Taylor (pick 41)
    Aaron Jones (pick 182)
    James Robinson (UDFA)
    David Montgomery (pick 73)
    Nick Chubb (pick 35)
    Josh Jacobs (pick 24)
    Melvin Gordon (pick 15)
    Ezekiel Elliott (pick 4)

    3 of 10 were picked outside the top 45. Even if you want to go to the next 5, all round 3 or higher. Basically long story short, finding a do it all back later in the draft isn't as common as draftniks want to make it out to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I thought it was a great move with the TE in the second round. Ebron is a good receiver but not so great that you should deal with his blocking. A #1 TE that can block capably will help your running game at least a little.
    Agreed very much. And TE's that can do both, have size, and were the focal point of an offense are rare.

    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Not knowledgable enough to comment on the rest. Other than on Buddy Johnson I see that Williams and Spillane are FAs after the year so it could just be a scenario where they're addressing it a year early and getting a chance to "test drive" the player in your system for a year before having to rely on him.
    Could be. But they seem to like the idea of a 2-down thumper next to the more athletic rangy Bush, and that could be found later in every draft.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    35,449
    The Texans solidified their number 1 pick next year.
    Carolina had a surprisingly really good draft. That division this year might potentially be really good especially if Falcons keep Julio and he stays healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,759
    B+

    The decider of the draft will be Landon Dickersons health. I believe smith will be a star and Williams will exceed expectations

    So to me its on Dickerson. If hes healthy then this draft is one of the best in the last decade

    If hes not healthy its similar to some of those later year Andy Reid drafts where you got good value and players but took a few too many risks

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    35,449
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Round 1: No. 23 (from Jets) Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
    Round 3: No. 66 Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M
    Round 3: No. 78 Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina
    Round 3: No. 86 Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State
    Round 3: No. 90 (from Ravens) Patrick Jones II, DE, Pittsburgh
    Round 4: No. 119 Kene Nwangwu, RB, Iowa State
    Round 4: No. 125 (from Bears) Camryn Bynum, CB, California
    Round 4: No. 134 (from Bills) Janarius Robinson, DE, Florida State
    Round 5: No. 157 Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR, Iowa
    Round 5: No. 168 (from Steelers) Zach Davidson, TE, Central Missouri
    Round 6: No. 199 Jaylen Twyman, DT, Pittsburgh

    I'd give the Vikings a B+ overall
    They turned the #14 overall pick into possibly 2 starting OL and their backup QB, potentially long term QB. If I was going QB there, I'd have gone with Davis Mills, but what do I know. Then, they went into day 2 with no 2nd rd pick, but 4 3rd and 3 4ths. I hoped they'd use some of that capital to move into the 2nd at least once, but they held their ground (Trader Rick only made the one trade!) and made 7 seemingly solid picks, including the freaky fast RB from Iowa State that new OC Kubiak should have some fun with. Another burner to man WR3 from Iowa in rd 5. By and large their theme through the draft seemed to be athleticism. There isn't a single pick I can point to and say 'what, why?'
    That Iowa WR is he fixes his off field issues can potentially be a gem of a find. But I love Darrisaw and Davis to your oline. Your future QB is going to walk into an amazing situation going forward. Dalvin Cook also next year is going to have an easy time lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    88
    Dallas: C -

    Not sure if Jerry is assembling a football team or a chain-gang.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,018
    Bears - a plus. Every player will be an all pro

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    35,449
    The Seahawks had 3 picks the whole draft? Yikes. They might be last in their division.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,370
    Raiders Draft Class Grades:

    Alex Leatherwood OT 17th overall (1st): B-
    Leatherwood is going to be a good RT for the Raiders. The value wasn't great with the 17th overall pick. Most saw Darrisaw higher then Leatherwood who went 24th. There were reports that Ravens wanted Leatherwood with their pick so the likelihood that we could have gotten Leatherwood in round 2 like some have said seems unlikely. Leatherwood fits what Cable wants for a OL. Should come in and be a day one starter at RT. Grade a little lower mostly because of the overall value of the pick.

    Trevon Moehrig S 43rd overall (2nd): A+
    Raiders desperately needed a FS to paid with Abram and Moehrig at 43 is amazing value. Many people projected Moehrig to be our pick at 17th overall. Moehrig will be a day one starter and is one of the better values in the draft. Our defense is instantly better with him on the field.

    Malcolm Koonce DE 76 overall (3rd): C
    Raiders go back to Buffalo for an edge rusher. Koonce is a small school edge rusher who needs to bulk up some. Mayock stated he reminds him of Yannick who they recently signed this offseason. Raiders had one of the worst pass rushes last year and Koonce can develop in one but he likely isnt a big contributor right away. This feels like a multi year development guy.

    Divin Deablo S/LB 80th overall (3rd): B
    I really like Deablo. Good value here 80 overall. Smart player who can play anywhere on the defense. Played safety in college but Raiders drafted him to play WLB in the NFL so he is going to have to learn a new position in the NFL. Bradley always has small coverage LB so Deablo fits this role.

    Tyree Gillespie S 143rd overall (4th): B-
    4 round in and Raiders have now drafted 3 safeties though they plan to convert Deablo to LB as I mentioned. Raiders did need 1 starting S but not sure 3 were needed. After the draft Mayock stated Gillespie had a high grade and they couldnt pass up on the value at a certain point. Hard hitting S. Good back up for Abram. I like the player and the value with the pick but still seems a bit much for selections for this position.

    Nate Hobbs CB 167th overall (5th): B
    Once you get to this point in the draft its about finding good talent that can be developed. Nate Hobbs has the size athletic traits that fit the system Bradley runs. He needs to be more consistent in coverage and can be too aggressive at times. The tools are there though and is a hard worker from everything ive seen.

    Jimmy Morrissey C/G 230th overall (7th): B
    Morrissey is another OL that fits the mold of what Cable wants. High RaS athletic score. 4 year starter after being a walk on. Brings depth and competition for center. Morrissey has a good chance to make the roster as the Raiders primary back up center and a flex guard.

    Overall Id give the Grade a B. Some good players, not always the best value but Raiders needed defense and the certainly spent many picks on that side of the field.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    That Iowa WR is he fixes his off field issues can potentially be a gem of a find. But I love Darrisaw and Davis to your oline. Your future QB is going to walk into an amazing situation going forward. Dalvin Cook also next year is going to have an easy time lol.
    I saw Ihmir had a DUI, but is there more off field issues?
    Darrisaw and Davis may be our new left side of the OL
    Not sure yet what to think of taking Mond over Mills, but what do I know...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    B+

    The decider of the draft will be Landon Dickersons health. I believe smith will be a star and Williams will exceed expectations

    So to me its on Dickerson. If hes healthy then this draft is one of the best in the last decade

    If hes not healthy its similar to some of those later year Andy Reid drafts where you got good value and players but took a few too many risks
    C+ Kenneth Gainwell will have a bigger impact then Milton Williams.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    I'll give Colts a C+. Biggest complaint is not investing more in offensive line. Don't mind the actual players, just would have preferred a tackle. But, I'm an idiot and Chris Ballard is a top 2/3 drafting GM so it is what it is.

    Will bump up to a B+ or A- if Odeyingbo recovers from his Achilles because I think Paye/Odeyingbo combo has freakish upside. Can envision a 3rd down package with Paye-Buckner-Odeyingbo-Turay. Crazy upside there.

    Also intrigued by the tight end they drafted. Has all the traits/ability that Reich covets. Takes them out of the Ertz running since this guy will likely play the Trey Burton role. Enter 2021 with Doyle/Cox/Granson. Not bad.

    This draft will forever be remembered as Darrisaw vs Paye for the Colts.
    Eagles fans need Wentz to play 76% of the snaps. I thought the Colts would take Darrisaw myself.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •